Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:49 PM
salem5050

Default Ever heard of Texas horeshoes...played with a box and washer

I have been looking forever for Texas horseshoes....its not the kind where they throw toilet seats, I have seen that.
Its two boxex with holes in them and you throw metal washers.
I would love to see plans for how to make this yard game. Help would be appreciated.

Mary Margaret
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Ever heard of Texas horeshoes...played with a box and wa

Try:

http://www.texashorseshoes.com/

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Admiral

MM,
Another good website is:
http://www.bombatwashers.com/rulesmain.html

Jack

Post Edited (05-26-05 17:11)
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Well, I never heard them referred to as TX Horseshoes...around these parts we call'em just plain washers! Sure you can buy them. Or make wooden boxes with holes (those are really hard to sink as the washers bounce off. Or for a couple of bucks: Go to Home Depot or similar, buy 2 lengths of PVC pipe about 3 to 4 inches long, and about 4" in diameter (I think). Buy 10 heavy washers that will fit into the diameter of the pipe.

The "cups" of pipe length can be sunk then into the ground, sand at the beach, etc.-just barely below or at ground level. Smooth dirt/s and around cup during game when necessary. You could make the cups permanent or portable. Use your leftover nail polish (the brighter and more garish the color the better), and paint a stripe on both sides of 5 of the washers. You can leave the other 5 plain or paint a different color....you get the idea. You can also use bright spray paint, anything. The color lasts longer...I'm talking months/years here not games if you spray them with a sealer after painting.

Fun game. If you need instructions on how to play, just ask.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:54 AM
salem5050

Yes, I need instructions on how to play.

Thank You Mermaid

Mary Margaret
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

The cups should be 21 feet apart. You begin at one end (generally you play with 2 teams of 2 players) with 1 member from each team (the other memebers are on the other end). The first person throws all three of his/her washers. Then the other person throws all of his/hers. The closest washer (to the hole) gets one point. Example: if team one has two washers closer than the closest of team two then team 1 would get 2 points. A leaner (can be played either touching the cup, or you have to be able to see the edge of the cup through the center of the washer) is worth 3 points. And, in the hole is 5 points. You can cover which cancels those points. The game is played to 21.

I am sure there are several versions to the game, this is the central Texas version. ;o)