CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Damn! You guys are GOOD!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/273080-damn-you-guys-good.html)

Thomas May 26th, 2005 04:35 PM

Damn! You guys are GOOD!!

I'm typing at the moment at my mother's home in N.C. When I arrived here on Sunday night and saw her in the hospital she was so weak, shaking, and confused. She hadn't eaten anything in days. I thought she was not leaving.

She spoke of where and how she wanted to be buried. Where to find her assets and investments, etc. She said she was ready to go.

I spoke words of encouragement to her. Told her of the trips she still needs to take. Of the get togethers she would have with her girlfriends again at her place in Hilton Head, playing bridge, dominoes, etc. just like she loved to do.

Then I read her the posts of all of you who were praying for her. People I had never met and she never knew, even by internet communication. She was flabbergasted.

Well, I want you all to know your prayers work!!! She rebounded Monday and the doctors had no explanation but allowed her to go home. Today, Thursday, she is eating like a horse, taking walks around her condominium plex, doing laundry, fixing meals, etc. And she's not even napping during the day!!!!!

Now the real kicker...................her eyesight is returning!!!!! The doctors said last week she had macular degeneration and there was no help for her. She would continue to lose her eyesight ! ! ! Ah HAH ! They were wrong !

Thank you all so much. You just don't know how much you touched her when I read your posts to her. In fact, she couldn't read them then, but less than a week later she can!

Regards,
Thomas.

KimJack May 26th, 2005 04:43 PM

Re: Damn! You guys are GOOD!!

The doctors weren't necessarily wrong, Thomas. They simply didn't realize that a power greater than theirs was hard at work (and without their ridiculous fees). We're delighted that Mom Lee is up and about, and (from the sound of it) ready to dance the fandango! We'll continue our prayers on her behalf to that "chief of medicine" in the sky.

Jack & Kim

Jim Bragg May 26th, 2005 04:46 PM

Never doubt the power of the Cruisemates Family Prayers! I don't understand it, I don't question it, I just accept it. <G>
Jim

MichelleP May 26th, 2005 05:02 PM

Wow, Thomas, that is just awesome!!!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

IMASEALUVR May 26th, 2005 05:09 PM

Re: Re: Damn! You guys are GOOD!!

Wow! I agree, the power of prayer is incredible. It is great to be part of such a great group! We will keep you mom in our prayers, Thomas, so she can keep getting better.

Jeanne&Ellis May 26th, 2005 05:44 PM

Oh Thomas, I am so glad to hear this wonderful news. You have made my day! Please telll your Mom that we'll continue to pray for her. The power of prayer is God's gift. Have a wonderful visit. I know how you feel because the same thing happened to us when Ellis' biopsies and blood tests came back. Doctors can't explain it, but they don't have to because we know and thats all that matters. (((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Jeanne

venice May 26th, 2005 06:00 PM

Wow, glad to hear your Mom is doing so much better..God has the power..pretty soon your mom will want you to take her on a cruise...Owner's suite, Freedom of the Seas ...will keep your mom in my prayers

Angela Z. May 26th, 2005 06:21 PM

Glad to hear it Thomas and Lee! This "family" has always been very comforting to me and I've only met a few of us but hope to meet more in the future.
Maybe our daughters upcoming sophomore year at UNF will be the one where we finally make it to your restaurant!
Angela Z.

Kuki May 26th, 2005 07:03 PM

Wonderful new Thomas. And I'm sure your mom takes comfort in having you their to support her.

rayb May 26th, 2005 07:16 PM

One word ----WOW---

sue May 26th, 2005 08:08 PM

Re: Re: Damn! You guys are GOOD!!

great news Thomas! I have seen a lot of healings in my life time...give her a hug from all of us!

rollerdonna May 26th, 2005 08:11 PM

Way to go Mom Lee!! I too have seen the power of CruiseMates' Prayers, when all of you so kindly sent my mom 75th birthday cards from all over. She was truly touched amd amazed that so many people cared, and she had a few more good weeks that she probably wouldn't have had otherwise.
Thanks for sharing the news with us Thomas,

donna

JeanS May 26th, 2005 08:21 PM

Thank you for the good news...always nice to hear a good follow up!

Thanks!

CruisinK&J May 26th, 2005 08:22 PM

That kind of turn-around could be a bonafide miracle, Thomas. I'm glad for you.

Judy

Dorothy May 26th, 2005 08:32 PM

Hurray Mom Lee! I can't explain it, but with so many prayers and positive thoughts flying around, I'm not surprised at ANYTHING!

Again, she sure is lucky to have a son like you. Give her my best and tell her she remains in my thoughts and prayers.

dorothy

belgique May 26th, 2005 09:00 PM

So happy to hear the good news! Even better, your mom just sent me the numbers of all her bank accounts and where her investments are!

Bet you didn't know about that tidy little account in Switzerland, did you?

P.S. I've changed my e-mail address.

beenie weenie May 26th, 2005 09:27 PM

Thanks God!

Thomas May 26th, 2005 10:04 PM

Thank you all !

I will update her condition in a few.

Regards,
Thomas

Lombard May 27th, 2005 12:01 AM

Nice job CM's.

Lisa May 27th, 2005 12:02 AM

Thomas - that is wonderful news!

Cruznut2 May 27th, 2005 03:55 AM

AWESOME!!!!! So happy to hear great news.

Laura

Phyllbo May 27th, 2005 06:21 AM

Thomas, I'm so happy to hear the good news about your mom. I love it when those unexplainable (tee hee) good things happen. Praise God!!!!!

Phyll

Jen Young May 27th, 2005 06:29 AM

Thomas,

Thank you so much for the update. It is great news and I'm now offering prayers of Thanksgiving. I'm so truly thankful for the wonderful blessing that God has bestowed on you and your mom. I'll also continue to pray for her continued healing.

VTJen

Jason May 27th, 2005 06:56 AM

Thomas,
The best news I've heard in a while! Now a little prayer of thanks and continued progress.

Trip May 27th, 2005 07:15 AM

Thank you for sharing this miraculous experience..hug your Mom for all of us!

LisaK May 27th, 2005 09:52 AM

that's wonderful, so happy for all of you.

bigjohn461 May 27th, 2005 10:42 AM

That is really great news Thomas..Drs dont always know..after all..They are MD's not God...>G< Keep us posted.