CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   It's Been 6 Months Since My Last Cruise....Why Does It Feel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/273102-its-been-6-months-since-my-last-cruise-why-does-feel.html)

BUDDY May 29th, 2005 06:30 PM

It's Been 6 Months Since My Last Cruise....Why Does It Feel

Hi:

I have a hard time getting any sympathy from my friends, relatives, or co-workers, as most of them have never been on a cruise; but it's been 6 months since my last cruise, but it feels a lot longer. I have one booked for the end of September on RCCL, Radiance of the Seas to Hawaii, but it seems forever until that time. I'm having a real hard time waiting, as I've experienced some hard times since my last cruise and I'm getting no sympathy from any of my friends or relatives, as they have "NO IDEA" as to why this is such a big deal....that's why I'm posting here....I know you guys know how I'm feeling. A cruise is such a relaxing way to vacation; and I'm really looking forward to the end of September for my Hawaii cruise. My DH and I, are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, which is in December, but we want to go to Hawaii in September. I've already started getting my clothes ready and checking out what I need for the trip. No one but "you guys" will understand my impatience, until my next cruise. You might be hearing from me again and again until the time comes...... I know it's always something everyone looks forward to; but after going through some hard times, it's even more anticipated...

Happy Crusing....Buddy

Fern May 29th, 2005 07:28 PM

Re: It's Been 6 Months Since My Last Cruise....Why Does It F

Buddy,

I know EXACTLY how you feel! We are waiting until December for our next cruise! I've been suffering from PCD (post cruise depression) for 5 months! I don't know how I'll make it until December!

I keep looking for another cruise for "in between" but DH can't get off work.

Most of my friends and family don't understand this at all. I do have one friend (thank goodness!) who is "into" cruising and we talk all the time. She just booked Alaska for July and I'm SOOOOO jealous!

Congratulations on your 40th! We've just had our 23rd, but it's the second marriage for both of us.

I'm making sure to watch the "summer" sales, as there won't be anything available for cruising in December! As I'm sure you know, the winter clothes will be out in July!

We'll just have to hang in there!

I'm sorry to hear you have had some hard times, but I know that a booked cruise makes things a little easier.

JeanS May 29th, 2005 07:33 PM

Dear Buddy,

LIfe can be SO tragic when you have to wait so long for your next cruise! And the insensitivity of friends & family make it that much worse!!!!

I can feel your pain, but glad to hear there is a cruise in your future that will help you thru this difficult time!!

*smile!* Too bad there's no medication for this "affliction".....

MaryLou May 29th, 2005 08:58 PM

Buddy: You have come to the right place. We all know how you feel and what a great cruise you have planned. I actually t hink my friends are booked on that same cruise in September. Since you cannot book another one in between, just stay close to us...we will get you through!

Jeanne&Ellis May 29th, 2005 10:08 PM

Buddy, I feel your pain.. Our next cruise isn't till December, don't know if I can make it without another before then. We are here for you, anytime.

Jeanne who has 27 more weeks with PCD!

rollerdonna May 29th, 2005 10:22 PM

Buddy, I am ashamed to admit I am suffering right along with you, and I've only been off my last cruise less than a month!! I have 8 more months to wait for the next one, but the positive side is, at least there IS a next one! We;ll hang in there together!

donna

Jen Young May 30th, 2005 06:15 AM

My last cruise was over a year ago, and there are none on the horizon for at least a year and a half, so believe me, I know how you feel.

Enjoy the anticiapation. Don't wish it here too quick, as then it will be over all the sooner.

VTJen

Cruznut2 May 30th, 2005 07:14 AM

March 2003 was my last cruise, Carnival Spirit. I have been suffering a long time it seems. Still feels like an eternity until September 10th and Carnival Glory. I completely understand how you feel. Hang in there you will make it.

Laura

venice May 30th, 2005 08:36 AM

you are preaching to the choir, so you have come to the right place

skymaster May 30th, 2005 09:07 AM

Right you are Buddy. Our last cruise was December, and our next not until late October because of family obligations etc. That's just way too long to wait for the next cruise!!! At least, most of the people I work with understand, as I've gotten them hooked on cruzin' too. Hang in there, and know that there are lots of us out here that know exactly what you're going through.
See you aboard.
Ken

DENISE H May 30th, 2005 10:27 AM

buddy i know how you feel boo our next cruise for fall of next year thats why i'm on
cruisemates or looking up cruise on the comptur i don' what to drive my family crazy
hang in ther buddy nhave a good day

KimJack May 30th, 2005 11:03 AM

Everybody who hasn't cruised in the last few months, or longer, knows exactly what you're feeling Buddy. We haven't cruised in eight months and, by the time we next sail in November, it'll be 14+ months between cruises. But then, we've booked another one just two months later to make up for lost time. We got so excited about booking on NCL's new Jewel, we couldn't resist doing it again!

Jack

CruzCrazy May 30th, 2005 01:25 PM

I know I just came off the Voyager in May and my next cruise is in December (my first back to back).

My friends are on the Caribbean Princess as I write this. I wish I was with them.

The only good thing is that I have six months to lose some of the weight I gained on the last cruise.

December will be here as soon as you know it.

rosetattoo May 30th, 2005 08:31 PM

You know, my daughter and I thought we were the only freakazoids who suffered from PCD so badly until we heard about this web site and discovered people were feeling the same way and were willing to actually talk about it. When you love cruising, you have to hide your feelings because no one in work wants to hear about it (they stare at me like I have three heads) and my family certainly doesn't want to listen to me anymore. Buddy, September is 3 months away, keep busy, don't rush your cruise, it passes so quickly. I live in south Florida so there are a lot of day trips that I plan with my family on the weekends even if it's just a ride to Key Largo for lunch. One thing I plan to do is go to a bookstore and pick up some travel guides for the islands I plan to visit in the future. We had a horrible day at Paradise Beach in Cozumel when we cruised the first week of May on the Valor so I want to investigate all the options available and be prepared as much as I can, maybe a quick trip to a bookstore for reading material regarding Hawaii will boost your spirits.

MichelleP May 31st, 2005 08:55 AM

I feel the same way... our next cruise, which we haven't even booked, won't be until December! I'm taking a major trip in September but that seems a long way off as well... we thought about doing a short one in the summer but decided they're just too expensive! :(

Cheers,
Michelle P.