Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2005, 11:04 PM
CruisinK&J

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Hi, everybody, from Southern California where the weather is divine . . . cooler than normal which I love!

Keith's brother, Wendell. still suffers from double vision, a problem of the West Nile disease. Keith learned on Friday that Wendell will have eye surgery on June 15 to correct it.

I wish there were ways to correct Keith's problems other than prayers, which seem to be ignored. He fell twice last week and almost did again today if I hadn't been there. Both of those accidents happened because of poor judgement decisions on his part.

Also, we went to a specialty grocery store today. He disappeared! I even looked in the men's room. He had gone to the car without telling me. I am afraid of taking him anywhere. If we had been in a foreign country, I don't know what would have happened.

Keith needs really powerful CruiseMates prayers. You see, he never reallly believed in God as his brother does. MIracles can happen. I have tried my best to get Keith to pray. He did last night, but it's more like rote. I dispair. I don't know what to do.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Tuesday Morning

Hello CM's -

Hope u have a great day !

Judy - Im sorry things have been such a struggle for u guys lately... I am sending good thoughts your way !

Steph
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Going to be cloudy here in NH's Lakes Region today. Back to work for me. I sure would like a few more days to relax. The holiday weekend was nice for us. we visited with friends we have not seen in a while. Always nice to see old friends.
Judy, My prayers and good thoughts are on the way.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 31st, 2005, 05:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning Judy, bad things sometimes happen to good people, I wish you & Keith well.

Hello Steph, Laura and all CM coming on board,

Local headlines news: ``NB Power denied retro rate hike``. Finally the government is on the side of the consumer, doesn't happen very often,

More good news/ bad news: ``Rolling Stones Concert...There's beer on tap, but no lawnchairs allowed``. With over 62000 tickets sold for an outdoor concert, concert goers will have to sit on the ground to drink their beer.

We had a full day of sunshine yesterday, the only one for the merry month of May, it was nice.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:12 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I am up early for an early start at work today. We are having our end-of-year Dance Show on Thurs. and today is the early practice, so I have to be there. I don't mind, it'll be fun. The weather doesn't look too promising though; cloudy and dull, with showers in the forecast, but at least it's warmer.

Judy, sorry you and Keith are having such a hard time. I think of you every day and pray that things get better soon. Hang in there girl!

donna

Old May 31st, 2005, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy and soon to be very rainy SE Florida. We need the rain, so they tell me.

I really didn't plan anything exciting for the weekend, but we did have some nice dinners at some restaurants we were wanting to try. Yesterday on the way back from Boynton Beach, we decided to stop at the Lexus dealer to look at used cars. We ended up trading our 2000 RX300, with 87,000 miles on it, in for a 2002 RX300 with 23,000 miles on it. I really like this model, and would have opted for a new one if they were still making them. With the used car warranty that comes with this one, it's good as new. Now we're ready for more trips between WI and Fl.

Judy, hope things improve for you and Keith. There are many of us praying for him and you.

Have a good day all.
Phyll

Old May 31st, 2005, 06:46 AM
Jen Young

Good Morning All,

Yesterday started promising, but showers with torrential downpours consumed most of the afternoon and evening. It is already sprinkling this morning. Looks like the end of the week will bring better weather. Of course this weekend I won't be home to work outside.

Nothing exciting today, work and more work.

Judy, my heart is very sad for you, but in my spirit I know that there is hope. Thank you for sharing, now besides praying for Keith's health, I know to pray for his faith as well.
Keep holding on Judy. Also, I was so glad to see you are reading again. When I have gone thru dark times before I would not be able to read either. It was always such a pleasure to once again pick up a book and be able to concentrate and enjoy the story.

Wondering how Kuki has made out on the first leg of his adventure. It's very exciting.

Did any of you watch Canadian Idol last night? What did you think?

Cruisemates, I hope you all have a carefree, stressfree day!

VTJen
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Florida, where when it rains it really really rains. Actually it is good for the grass. I just feel sorry for the poor garbage men who now have tons of very wet stuff to collect from my house. If you've ever moved you know exactly what I'm talking about. We have emptied about 30 cardboard boxes that are all in the trash. And even though we cut them all up and flattened some, wet cardboard just isn't pleasant.

Sure hope southern Florida isn't getting this driving rain. Would like the weather to be nice for Kuki's visit. He stopped in chat last nite and was looking forward to the Celebrity meeting today. Wonder what the new and exciting news will be.

Thoughts and well wishes to all who need them. Everyone have a very nice day.

Carnival Glory
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone. It was a very sad weekend for us as we had to have our sweet little 4 year old kitty Smudge, a Himalayan who was every inch our little princess put to sleep. Our Shih Tzu, Isabelle, woke us up early Sunday morning with frantic barking and running back and forth to the bathtub where we found poor little Smudge having a severe seizure. We rushed her to the Vet where the lab tests gave us no reasonable hope. Rather than let her suffer for our selfish desires we cuddled her one last time and bid her a tearful goodbye. She is at peace now but not after leaving a big void in our lives. Our other three cats, especially her brother, are very subdued now. Darn you Smudge, you came into our lives, made us fall in love with you and then you left us all too soon with broken hearts. Rest in peace, we will never forget you.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning from rainy swfl...the thunder woke me up at 5am and it is still raining.But as Tweety said we do need the rain here.
Yesterday our oldest daughter called telling us she is sick.I picked up Aiden and we had a very nice afternoon with him here. He is such a cutie.Took him in the pool, had a cook out with him and later took a short wlak with him<it was very hot> In the evening we brought him home, he fell asleep from all the excitment. I truly enjoy my first grandson and I am sad for our other family members who never showed much interest in our kids. To be a grandparent is such a joy and gift, they do not know how much they are missing!
A trip to the library is on the agenda today. Our daughters are reading away which is so nice to see.
Have a good day mates!
Doug I am so sorry to hear about your cat. It is like having lost a family member. Just know she is not suffering anymore and you did the right think<<<<<<HUG>>>>>>

Old May 31st, 2005, 08:14 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........suppose to rain today......temps have gone down.......heat is back on.....oh well.....we did have a few nice warm days......<S>
Y'all have a great Tuesday......

Sharon

Old May 31st, 2005, 08:24 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning mates, a fairly nice weekend for us, but with terrible news that my cousins husband was struck on the highway while changing a tire and was killed instantly. Only in his 40's with a wonderful wife and children. So sad at any age but when they are yuong it is always harder i think. Prayers going out to all, Judy you must gather your strength and be storng now for Keith, you have said in the past that he was always the strong one for you, and now its your turn. I can symapthize with you on so many things, and it isn't easy. Doug, so sorry to hear that you had to put your little one down, they are so much family to us. Tweety, this is summer in Florida, just keep reminding yourself how nice it will be this coming winter, no snow storms and icy roads, makes it all worth while. Hope Kuki has time to drop in sometime soon and let us in on the big news from Celebrity. We are still waiting to make our cruise plans for next spring because they haven't come out with dates and costs as yet. Take care fellow Mates and enjoy the shorter work week.

Jeanne
Old May 31st, 2005, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers from Orlando where it's raining cats and dogs.

Busy week for me as it's only a three-day week... leaving Thursday night to go to my parents' for the weekend.

Doug, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat.

Prayers going out for all Cruisemates who need them.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 31st, 2005, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Another rainy good morning from Orlando where it's still coming down. The storms last night were loud and intense and sort of unexpected after such a nice sunny day.
My son and I were going to test drive a Mustang (for me! YAY!) today but don't feel like doing that in the rain....maybe after work tomorrow.
Judy, I know it's hard but you gotta hang in there.
Doug, sorry to hear about the cat.
Tweety, someday you'll be done the unpacking! We moved into this house in Oct. 2003 and are still getting to boxes that were tucked into closets so don't despair!
Angela Z.
Old May 31st, 2005, 10:09 AM
DENISE H

good moring cruisemates looks like another great day here in mpls cool and sunney
this going to be busy this week going to my sister next week for a vist hope you have a good one
Old May 31st, 2005, 10:59 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a beautiful day here in Minnesota. It looks like we will be taking the "Booper II" (boat) out this afternoon.

I had a good day yesterday, mowing the lawn, hitting trees, denting tractors. Fun was had by all. My son did some tractor body work and all was well. The tree took no damage. I guess I should have zigged instead of zagged.

We also had our granddaughter stay over last night. She was in her bedroom for about 20 minutes until she heard a coyote and then it was in with grandma and grandpa. She hears them all the time but what are grandparents for other than letting kids get to sleep in their room once in a while. It's called "manipulation"

I hope all of you had a good weekend and have a great week.

Judy: I always carry a cell phone. This always allows Betty to know where I am and to contact her if I need her. It has been needed when I have been outside and needed her and Kramer (the dog) failed his Lassie training.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me