Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to John G
Default Re: Missing girl from Aruba

When looking at the news blurbs............That also occured to me .........she is not a "drinker" ............I don't think I have seen anybody with worse judgement than a "non drinker" getting drunk. It is also interesting that the press is saying that Carlos and Charlies is a "popular restaurant". If you've ever been to one (which I have including that one), it's a party bar. Then, in the wisdom of the "mad mothers" it is illegal for people to drink in the USA until 21 so a lot of USA "kids" at these places (spring break college freshman, High school graduation bashes) don't really know HOW TO DRINK. One time there were these Tulane U debutantes in that Carlos and Charlies dancing in string bikini tops, then there is this huge crowd of "locals" clustered around the entrance because the "bouncers" dont let them in but they are sure there when the debutantes left. I hope this story has a happy ending but I don't think it will. I actually trained my kids in "street smarts" (both male luckily). In my case we live by the Mexican border so the "kids" go to Juarez, mexico to party. No matter what you put down as "rules" they are going to do it so why not train them in it? "see those guys there?" they are going to put moves on those white high school girls and take them somewhere in a car to "party" somewhere else. sure enough thats just what happened...I also showed them about looking for the guys who would slip a knife into you for 20 bucks in your wallet. My kids (of course) didn't turn out like I wanted them to, but they sure as heck don't drink unless its a safe place among friends they know well, or get in cars with strangers. jmg

Old June 5th, 2005, 06:33 PM
gtg711@AOL.COM

YOU CAN TRAIN YOUR KIDS,YOU CAN TEACH THEM WHATEVER,WHETHER THEY HAVE STREET SMARTS OR NOT
JUST REMEMBER HOWEVER YOU BRING THEM UP IT TAKES A SECOND FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN--CHAPERONED OR UNCHAPERONED--CHECKED 10 TIMES A DAY--IT DOES NOT MATTER---IF ITS GOING TO HAPPEN,ITS GOING TO HAPPEN
MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HER FAMILY
Old June 5th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Admiral

Are we too quick to blame the victum again? It seems that she was with some nice kids who did in fact take her back to her hotel and apparently sober. The reason she apparently didn't make it was because she was attacked bu two security guards from the property next door and drug into one of the empty rooms, (the hotel was undergoing renovations and not open), where she was probably raped and murdered. He body was possibly tossed into the ocean. All this is speculation but this szeems to be what happened. Is it her fault? Heck no. It is the fault of the scumbags that attacked her and murdered her. I don't want to hear how she might have led them on, that her clothes were too sexy, that she teased them, that they were deprived as children or any of the other excuses that these bleeding hearts provide to them for an excuse. If they did it, they should be destroyed like defective parts.
Jim

Old June 5th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Admiral

One of the last news articles I read stated that the mattress was soaked with blood from a dead dog nearby. No one really knows whether she was sober or in a drunken state when she left with the boys in the car. (Unless I missed something) How do we really know they were nice kids? My problem is WHY would she get into the car with them in the first place, alone and especially in a strange country. There needs to be some blame put on her for that. Whatever happened to her is NOT her fault but this should be a lesson to other young ladies. Do not separate yourself from a group. Had she stayed with her friends, she wouldn't have been in any type of a dangerous situation. She would have been with her friends and classmates as a group. Being the mother of an 18 year old girl, I find this entire tragedy completely upsetting and painful. My heart bleeds for her family, especially knowing that the longer time goes by the more likelihood that foul play occurred.

Post Edited (06-05-05 21:10)
Old June 6th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Missing girl from Aruba

Perhaps they slipped drugs in her drink.
Old June 6th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Admiral

If they did slip her something, why then didn't her friends stop her when they saw her getting into the car? I'm not trying to blame her for what, if anything happened, but no one stopped her from getting into the car. Where were her friends and classmates? The whole thing is tragic.

I had my 18 year old daughter and her friends read some of the news articles. I then asked them their thoughts. Their first words were--"How stupid was she for getting into the car alone with kids she didn't know." When I mentioned about being drugged or drunk, they said "Where were her friends?" "Why didn't they stop her?"

I hope they find out exactly what happend so the family can get some answers.

Old June 6th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Cheryl is right, the blood tested negative for human blood. It appears now that these security guards are invloved in some way and those three kids are not involved and were just local kids her age being helpful. Whatever happened to her I hope they are able to punish those involved and recover her remains so that she can have a proper burial for her family. It's a shame anyway it turns out.
Jim

Old June 6th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Lynne and Trevor

Those guys must have been watching her from somewhere and picked an opportune time to grab her.
Right here in Florida, we had two young girls abducted and killed right from their home, with relatives in the house. The perpetrator of one was staying within eyeball distance of her house. The other was an former boyfriend of the mother.
If this can happen in one's own home, it must be pretty easy to snatch someone in a hotel area. All it takes is a quick "Psst"=what time is it??
The whole incident is so bizarre. I believe it was a crime of opportunity! Lynne
Old June 7th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Admiral

I agree with you Lynne and Jim B. It sounds like a crime of opportunity. They were bound to get someone, if not this girl then certainly another. The three boys brought her back. Yes it was wrong to go with them in the first place, but they did bring her back.

I just can't comprehend what these poor parents must be going through. Jim, they have not given up! Either should we. Not yet. I just can't. She may not be in the best of shape by now, but maybe, just maybe she is alive.

At this point I don't care what she did. What bad decision she made or didn't. It doesn't matter. I just want to see her in her mothers arms!

Maybe they need to stop looking on Aruba. What is the lastest now? Anybody know? How on earth did these two creeps think they could get away with this. Didn't they know the whole world would be trying to solve this. You just don't snach an American, (or any) girl, and it not become a media frenzy. I don't get it! I never will.

Lets please pray she is still alive!!!! That's about all we can do for these parents!

Tbug