Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Default Strange News Story....

Here in Montreal, there was an arrest made today of a 50 yr. old man, for sexual assault. Problem is, they can't find the victim, so they can't charge him with anything yet.
Witnesses saw him assaulting a young (7-10 yr. old) girl in a parked car on a residential street. They reported the license number to police, and they tracked him down, but so far, nobody has come forward as the victim or her family, no child is reported missing, no repors of sexual assault. Very strange... I will keep you posted...

donna

Old June 6th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Strange News Story....

I just wish that this sort of sick behaviour didn't happen in this world.

I hope they find a cure soon.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old June 6th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Admiral

I understand Messrs. Smith and Wesson developed a cure for this one long ago.
Old June 6th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Admiral

The Smith-Wesson cure works but unfortunately good folks can't use it as it violates the criminals civil rights, and as we all know, the rights of the criminals are paramount.

In my state we have two cases pending in the state supreme court. One involves a killer who shot into a parked car, killing a man, wife and wounding an infant. This was 12-15 years ago and the killer got the death penalty but has been on appeal for years. Now he claims that lethal injection is cruel and unusual punishment and that he shouldn't be put out of our misery. He didn't think about cruel and unusual when he shot three people, one being a helpless baby.

The other involves a killer who shot two law officers in the back from ambush with an assualt rifle. He too claims cruel and unusual punishment for his death penalty. Guess to him hiding ahd shooting 2 peopl in the back of the head isn't cruel and unusual?

Sorry to ramble and get on my soap box but I for one am fed up with these creeps and especially tired of everytime I turn on the t.v. seeing or hearing about some innocent
child being hurt or killed.

Thanks-- I feel better
Old June 7th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Admiral

Sad to say, but I hope they FIND the victim & not actually that he killed her also... that being said, I dont know which is worse... the child to be assaulted & killed or to be assaulted & have to live with the memory ! No matter what the child & family will never be the same.... the loss of innocence.

I too, think these monsters ought to suffer for the harm they have caused !

Steph
Old June 7th, 2005, 06:57 AM
joto

Why does it take so long for justice to be served in these death penalty cases. It should be 5 years max after the sentence is given if there is no doubt of guilt. Why do these lawyers drag out the appeals process.$$$$.
Old June 7th, 2005, 07:53 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Re: Re: Strange News Story....

............and just think what it is costing you American tax payers to keep them alive. I am sur we would all have to be incarcerated but to some people being housed, fed and watered for doing nothing is a godsend.

Prison dosn't work and over here in the UK ours are getting so full that they are bursting at the seams with many of the inmates being re-offenders.

Like I said, for those that don't want to work and do nothing, the system looks after them and they are better off than the homeless in the streets................
Old June 7th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Unfortunately, I have seen someone with the birthdate of 1938 that was convicted last year of sexual assault of a 6 year old. Age is not a factor. There is a database where you can check for sexual offenders in your state and even enter a zipcode to narrow it down. It will show their address, age, weight, hair color,their offense, etc and most have photos of the person convicted. That site can be found here: Sexual Offenders List USA

You can also go to this site Scan USA
The SCAN service broadcasts alerts directly to computers and wireless devices such as cell phone and PDAs as they become available in the zip code areas for which users have registered. SCAN maintains a twenty-four hour, seven-day service and support bureau that collects and reviews alert content and broadcasts those alerts to those registered users that have opted-in to the SCAN service. It is a free registration and sends an email if a sexual offender moves into your area (address too), etc. It is the law that these people are registrered for anyone to see. With the invention of internet, it is now even easier.

Old June 7th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Cruisin K and J

These sexual offenders should be shot. There's no cure for what ails 'em, and we have a legal system in this country that protects the criminal instead of the innocent, especially if the criminal is a rich celebrity.

Putting some Smith and Wessons to good use might make some of them think twice.

Judy
Old June 7th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Yes, it costs the American taxpayers---that's for sure. Not only do we have to provide housing, food, medical and dental care, we have to pay for their defense in most cases.