Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2005, 07:33 PM
First Mate

Default Another woman missing in Aruba

There was an article, on nbc news, about another woman missing in Aruba. The Bradley family, from Virginia, were on a cruise (Rhapsody of the Seas) in 1998, and their 23-year old daughter disappeared while they were stopped in Aruba. The mother stated that three men, that worked on the cruise ship, wanted to take her to a bar, in Aruba, called Carlos & Charlies (sound familiar?) Amy Bradley was last seen in her cabin at 5:15am and by 6am, she was missing. One year later, there was a confirmed sighting report, by a Naval officer. He told the FBI that he went to a brothel in Curac'l on Canal. He said an American girl leaned in and said" "My name is Amy Bradley. I need your help." Sadly he didn't report it for sometime and by then the brothel had burned to the ground. There is a $260,000 reward for information on Amy. Her family continues to hope that she will be found.
.................................................. ......................................
As a mother of two daughters, I can't imagine the emotional anguish that these families are going through.

Pudy
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Another woman missing in Aruba

If I'm correct this has been on t.v. 2-3 times a few years back. Also, if I remember correctly, the lady was not missing in Aruba, but was last seen on the cruise ship by her brother when she came in late at night from one of the bars on the ship.
From all accounts, it appeared she went overboard.
Old June 7th, 2005, 09:18 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Another woman missing in Aruba

Ron...you may be right about the Bradley girl going overboard, but according to the article Aruba was one of their stops & that was where she disappeared. I read it on nbc13.com/news/4577219/detail.html and that is out of Birmingham. Either way, it is just plain scary!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Phyllis
Old June 7th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

http://www.tggweb.com/amybradley/amy-update.htm..

This is a link to the Amy Bradley story..It happened in 1998

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 7th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Admiral

Just read the story from the link below. No where did I see Aruba mentioned.

http://www.tggweb.com/amybradley/

Old June 7th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Admiral

I agree, I didnt see anything about Aruba... just Curacao (sp?) From the web site, it doesnt appear anything has been done recently to keep the story in the headlines... how awful... it is amazing this could happen. I guess theoretically, anyone could vanish from anywhere... its a scary thought !
Old June 8th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Amy dissappered while the ship was at sea. She was last seen sitting on the balcony smoking. That morning she was missing and her cigarettes and lighter were on the balcony. While a complete search of the ship was done, again while at sea, she was not located not was there any indication that she ever got off in any ports afterwards. While a search was the smart thing to do the indications leave little doubt as to what probably happened.
Jim

Old June 9th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Aruba is taking a bad enough hit with this current situation. The Amy Bradley thing is not related to this situation in any way shape or form. She disappeared from a cruise ship AT SEA. This is how rumors get started .
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Not only is Aruba a very safe place the dissapperance of Nataliee not withstand, you also have to understand that she was there on a vacation and was not there on a cruiseship for one day. I pray for the best but feel the worst will be the end result. You can tell just how odd this case is and how much the people there care from the reports. Do you know any other nation that will give all government employees the afternoon off to help search? They have also pick up and held two people that do not have a good reputation and have now taken in the three young men that were last seen with her. Laws down there are very differant, especially the search and seizure laws. They have taken many things from everyones homes and impounded a number of vehicles in an atempt to solve this case.
Jim

Old June 10th, 2005, 12:50 AM
pg

That story about Amy is fake. Not her being missing, but the part about a NAVAL OFFICER seeing her and IGNORING her request for aid. I don't believe it for one minute, why would he ignore her plea, and then LATER confess to leaving a citizen of the country he is sworn to protect in peril. Baloney.
Old June 10th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Admiral

PG, I agree . Imagine someone being held captive having to work in a brothel. Of all the people she comes in contact with, was the Naval officer the only one she had a chance to tell of her plight? Assume she had 6 customers per day/night, over all the years, how many hundreds could she have told about her situation??
Makes no sense because it is sensless. And, oh yes--- just happens the brothel burned before anyone could come charging to the rescue.

And you know too, that Elvis is alive , being held in captivity and forced to work as an Elvis impersonator in Peoria.