Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2005, 05:27 AM
VTJen

Default Good Friday Morning

Another Hot, Hazy, Humid Day here. We got lot's of Thunder and Lightening yesterday, but no rain. I don't think that will be the case today. The Humidy is already at 84%.

My Bible Study went pretty well yesterday. Glad I have a week before I have to do it all over again. Lots of paperwork to do today, plus tons of errands. Gotta purchase a bunch of graudation cards, then start writing out the checks. Also have a craft project to finish up that is a Secret Pal gift for our end of the year revealing at Church. Tomorrow will go watch my niece and my son's girlfriend graduate. Then on Sunday - Church and a grad party. I do so hope to get to work out in my flower beds and planters this weekend. I also need to get the patio furniture out.

I hope you all have something excited planned.

VTJen
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Friday Morning

Mornin' everybody,

Wake up you sleepyheads! It's finally Friday! The boss is away from work today, so I'll be able to get some work done. .

Hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old June 10th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Admiral

Morning Ed and Jen and the rest of you.
I'll answer on both GM threads today since I missed yesterday.

Jen, this is the time of year for graduations and all kinds of events. You sure are a busy lady! Glad to hear that your Bible study went well. I'm looking forward to getting back up to WI where my group meets every other week at different homes for the summer. It will be so nice to see the gals again.
How are things going with your daughter?

Ed, hope you are feeling better and winning the battle with your cold.

Have a good weekend.
Phyll

Old June 10th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Lynne and Trevor

Hi Jen
I'm sure you are enjoying your Bible Study sessions. I really enjoyed the research part of my Sunday School class of high schoolers. I learned a lot-also followed the Lectionary so I could understand the lesson of the week in church. My "kids" are all grown up now. I finally had to give it up as the commitment was getting to be too much, but I did go in on a substitute basis for 6 weeks until a permanent teacher could be found. "Phish" came into play, too. I mentioned something about it on the other good morning thread.
I MUST get a Father's Day card for my Dad up in Toronto. I completely missed Mother's Day for my step-mother so will include something for her, too. They've been married for 49 years but have only been with them for visits here and there.We have a decent relationship and she knows I care.
It's going to be a rainy day here from Tropical Storm Arlene. The wind is starting to blow. It's reminding me of the first hurricanes/tropical storms that came in our direction last year. (Bonnie).
Bye for now. Lynne
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Morning again, I posted on the TGIF thread!
VTJen, do you ever sit still? I get exhausted every time I read your schedule!
I too have a Grad coming up. My son and I are working on an audio-visual presentation for his teachers for grad night. I am using the music from Canadian Idol Ryan Malcolm (Something More), with photos of my son's classmates and teachers in action throughout the year. I'm hoping it will be a touching and deserving tribute to 3 very special teachers.

donna

Old June 10th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..it's my monday and my weekend to do my job. I worked my hiney off in the yard. The first time I have mowed and weedeated the yard in a single day, in over a year. My back withstood the test but I am very sore this morning and that is a lot different than hurting.
Hope you all have a great weekend coming up and enjoy, rest, and please stay safe.

Old June 10th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Friday Morning

Lynne glad you reminded me of that Fathers day card mailing! My Dad is in Germany and I better mail it next week. Fathers Day is at a different day in germany and my father told me he did not get a card from me. I told him I had no clue since our holidays are different and plus I could not even buy one at the time <none are for sale at that date here> He was very disappointed and let me have it Oh well, another knife slid in my heart!
Old June 10th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Hope everything is going well. TGIF! Headed up to Jacksonville tomorrow for a friend's birthday. Here's hoping we don't have any new car trouble.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old June 10th, 2005, 09:02 AM
L&S80

Good morning from the Pacific Northwest.....sun is out & suppose to be nice today.....
We'll see........<S>
Y'all have a great Friday!!!!

Sharon

Old June 10th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from Southern California where the overcast prevails. We had very little sun yesterday.

Not much on the agenda: gym this morning and then laundry.

Have a good Friday, all.

Judy