CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   ...so how much longer (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/273246-so-how-much-longer.html)

kimmiegirl June 10th, 2005 09:55 AM

...so how much longer

....until the Jackson Jury decide on a verdict??

Do you think is shows that they are split and cannot make a unanimous decision. Would be interesting to be 'a fly on tbe wall'.

I think they will find him not guilty of the lewd acts, but guilty of plying a minor with alcohol. I can't believe they will let him off scot free so will come to a compromise.

How much longer I wonder..................

Regards

KG

ousoonerfanintexas June 10th, 2005 10:18 AM

Re: ...so how much longer

Who cares he will probably beat the charge and if he doesn't he wont do hard time.

kimmiegirl June 10th, 2005 10:30 AM

Re: Re: ...so how much longer

do you really think so - I feel sure that like you, he will get away with it, but that somehow the jury will feel indebted to show that he is guilty fof some rime, i.e. giving alcohol to a minor and will find him guilty on that charge................as to the punishment, I really don't know but did read somewhere that he could still do 6-12 months for the alcohol abuse at least.

It will be a judidicial farce for the U.S. legal system if he gets off completely scot free on all the charges and will emphatically show that fame and money beats honesty hands down......:(

KG

cruisingrandma June 10th, 2005 11:31 AM

I feel he will get off with a slap on his wrist. He has too much money and too much popularity to be convicted. Although i do believe he is guilty. He will get away with hurting those innocent kids. But please...... The parents are jsut as guilty. They didnt know what was going on. Or was it all the money and the power of feeling like there kid is a friend of his. He is not normal. We can see that plain as day. His kids are the ones I feel so sorry for. Having a mother who jsut had them and gave them to this man that has more mental problems then anyone I can imagine. To be raised as they are. Imagine the mental problesm these poor kids have by now. I wish I had more hope that the judicial system would do the right thing. But am sure it wont. Too much in the public eye.

ousoonerfanintexas June 10th, 2005 12:46 PM

For white collar criminals it is like a country club to be in prision look at Martha Stewart. even when Mike Tyson was convicted of rape he had it easy and don't forget Pete Rose.

Nancy Grace June 10th, 2005 12:58 PM

I predict a hung jury and a mistrial. All it takes is one person on that jury who will not vote along with all the others. Guilty or not guilty. They all have to agree. I'm betting they won't. The judge will send them back to try and agree a few times, it won't work and he will declare a mistrial. Now, will the district attorney try the case again with a new jury? Hmmm, I wonder.

PapaBill June 10th, 2005 02:10 PM

Michael Jackson is at best a person whose behavior in every sense varies from the norm about as far a can be. At worst he is a serial pediphile. Regardless of the outcome, let us hope his "camp" stops sweeping his bizarre behavior under the rug and gets him the help that his behavior cries out for.
On another front, ten years ago perhaps children went were sentto the ranch and parents did not know what to expect. After all the publicity surrounding the first two incedents one can only believe that parents who dropped their children off to be preyed upon by this man were simply selling out their childs innocence for the money and the brush with fame. To me that makes them more guilty than even Mr Jackson.
Someone needs to smack a little reality into Mr. Jackson. Maybe a stretch in prison, white collar or not, will be just what he needs.
The man is talented, but his behavior on all fronts and in all situations is beyond bizarre. He should not be around children, unsupervised, ever (including his own.
By the way Michael, I love your music.
Someone also needs to smack a little reality into the parents of these children and the group of fanatical wackos camped outside the courtroom in "support" of Michael.

ousoonerfanintexas June 10th, 2005 03:34 PM

I can't say I have never had a child other than my own sleep in my bed. Now I wasn't a single man and my wife was at home, and it was a child we were watching at the time and only for a nap. We didn't have a crib.

ousoonerfanintexas June 10th, 2005 04:50 PM

I believe under those circumstances that is O.K.

Cruznut2 June 11th, 2005 05:48 AM

I Hope they put the pig in the pen where he belongs.

Laura

Lynne and Trevor June 11th, 2005 10:13 AM

I believe that if he is found guilty of anything-the recommendation should be to a psychiatric facility for treatment and guidance to figure out what led him to the bizarre behavior that he came to embrace. He seemed to be a normal child. And, he still looked pretty decent and was actually "good looking" in the 1980's (Thriller era). Then, he started to really get "goofy"-hair started to grow long, handkerchiefs over the face, etc. I can understand a skin condition, but that's no reason to let one's appearance change so dramatically. He no longer looks like the person who produced all that great music.
I'm not sure that either side completely sold the jury on guilt or innocence. Plus, in remembering the other famous trial of the mid-90's, I think the jury is thinking seriously enough about finding him guilty on at least one of the counts so it doesn't have people thinking that they were swept away by his celebrity status. I agree there is one person who maybe is being a little stubborn.

I hope it's soon, though. This circus has been going on long enough. Lynne