CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   It's Sunday, Rise & Shine!!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/273258-its-sunday-rise-shine.html)

Trip June 12th, 2005 12:34 AM

It's Sunday, Rise & Shine!!!

Hi Kids,
I am up, and so up in fact, I could clean the whole house !! One corona and lime did it !!!
I watched Geraldo at Large tonight and he was in Aruba, interviewing Natalie's parents,and officials...They are handling, and botching the news, there, so much, that the parents found out from GERALDO, that there was blood found in Juran's car ! Then the govt, official,says they are trying to keep everyone informed, and it just went round and round from there..The sadness of the parents being kept out of the loop, was heartbreaking.

Well, it's off to bed,and to try and sleep..Have a good one!

Post Edited (06-12-05 00:35)

Thomas June 12th, 2005 01:13 AM

Re: It's Sunday, Rise & Shine!!!

Well I guess it's Sunday, so I'll say good morning to all the CM's coming on the board, but I just got home from the restaurant where we had a typical Saturday crowd and we are not prepped well for tomorrow. So I stayed late to try to get a good start on tomorrow.

Regards,
Thomas

Cruznut2 June 12th, 2005 03:13 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! It is going to be another warm one here in NH's Lakes Region. I won't complain, there were way too many cold miserable days not too long ago. I think I will pack a lunch and take a good book to the park and spend the day relaxing by the lake. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura

BW June 12th, 2005 04:50 AM

After reading CruiseMates reports from all over Canada & the US of A, I would have to say we are having the best of weather right here on the coast. Beautiful, not too hot , sunny day yesterday and again for today.

Went for a motorcycle ride yesterday and will go again today.

Hope Arlene didn't cause too much devestation to our southern neighbours.

Bill

steph_texas June 12th, 2005 05:43 AM

hope u all have a great day !

Steph

MaryLou June 12th, 2005 05:50 AM

Good morning Trip, Tom, Laura, Bill, Steph and all the CM's to follow:
Looks like another hot and steamy day in the "Burgh". Not much on tap today...just plan to stay inside and stay cool. I hope you all have a great day.

Jen Young June 12th, 2005 06:14 AM

Good Morning All,

Continues to be H, H and H!. We've had lots of thunder and lightening, but very little rain, towns all around us have gotten drenched, and we've had barely sprinkles. The blackflies are vicious, and now the misquitos are starting.

Graduation was ok - very hot at 90's with a very high humidity, no shade. I got burned in some places.

After we posed with some pictures with my niece. When my husband and I posed with her she said, that we were her second parents. That was such a nice thing to hear. I invest a lot into my nieces and it is nice to know they appreciate it.

Will be leaving for church soon, then home, where I hope to get something done for a change, then off to the Grad party.

Well, gotta run,

Hope you all have a relaxing day

VTJen

P.S. - BigJohn - you asked if I liked doing everything that I do - not always, but I'd feel guilty if I didn't - and I on of those that hate to disappoint, have a hard time saying no. I bring the stuff on my self, so if I don't enjoy it I have no one to blame but myself.

nolou525 June 12th, 2005 07:24 AM

Good morning everyone. Today's the day of the cookout/graduation party. My DH is still going to NH to see his sister and our niece but he's not happy about it. His mom called him yesterday to get an explanation of why the whole family isn't going. He was nice but to the point. Oh well, that's life.

Anyway, we are all set for the Flag Day Parade. The tents, tables and chairs are in the backyard, food is bought and ready to cook, yard games are all set and most important--the beer and WINE is on ice. Boy do I need the wine. :o)

Wishing you all a great and safe Sunday. Hope the sun is shining where you are.

sue June 12th, 2005 07:28 AM

Re: Re: It's Sunday, Rise & Shine!!!

Good morning from muggy SWFL....Went out to Carrabas last night with dh and we had a very nice dinner.Brought home tons of left overs..too much food.Tomorrow my diet will start and I am not looking forward to it. I hired my middle daughter as coach meaning she will make me go on my treadmill or I have to pay her 10$ if I say no. LOL
Today we are trying to go to church I think. Tuesday our daughters car is supposed to be delivered <finally> to our house.
Okay I have to run...

Tweety June 12th, 2005 07:59 AM

Good morning from Central Florida. Been pouring all morning but it seems to have stopped at least for a few minutes. Glad Arlene fizzled out and didn't do lots of serious damage to the Gulf Coast. One down and ???? to go.

Going today to buy the plywood to do the windows in the event of a hurricane. Guess it never hurts to be prepared.

Six more days till Thumper and family arrive. Getting ready for that. Will do the tourist thing with them the week they are here.

Have a good day everyone.

Lynne &Trevor June 12th, 2005 08:11 AM

Hello
I've been up since shortly after 7, and it's now going on 9:30. My internal clock has gotten me accustomed to work hours so no sleeping in for me--unless I roll over that one last time.......
It's very humid here in Avon Park,Fl. The windows are all full of condensation. Of course, our AC was down to 74 for the night. It is back up to 80 (I get to touch the thermometer first). The sun is shining. We'll probably get some rain later--60% today-before it dries out for a couple of days. Now we're watching the next weather depression extending out to the Virgin Islands.
Those who were on the Caribbean Princess last week had a rocky ride and heavy rain in Cozumel, due to Arlene.
I'm glad the graduation parties are going well. We're waiting for one of our 15 year old grandson to come down on June 22 for a couple of weeks. Then his brother will be here for his winter break that includes Christmas and New Years.
Nothing of any consequence happening here today. I did track down my hairdresser yesterday and will be getting a hair cut at 5 today before she goes out for 4-6 weeks recovering from surgery. Phew! This humidity doesn't just make the grass grow!!
Bye for now. Lynne

rollerdonna June 12th, 2005 08:17 AM

Morning All, from Grand Prix Weekend in Montreal! Todays' headline states that yesterday's temperature on the track was 53C (127F!!!) and stands temperature was 33C(91F) plus the humidity factor which put it over 40C. Way tooo hot for me! If you read my other thread, you will know that I was smart and spent yesterday in my sister's pool, but last night in our house with no air conditioning, it was unbearable!
Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. James and I are going out for breakfast soon, solely for the air conditioning!
Much of the same weather forecast for today and tomorrow, but with the possibility of thundershowers. At least tomorrow I can escape the heat at work. Today, maybe the mall would be a good idea...

donna

L&S80 June 12th, 2005 09:41 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest......sun is up, no rain in sight.......let's hope it holds.....

Tweety........sounds like a good plan....be prepared!!!!!

Y'all have a great Sunday......

Sharon

CruisinK&J June 12th, 2005 10:23 AM

Good morning from Southern California. We didn't see the sun yesterday at all. Sunday it's suposed to come out this a.m. We'll see.

I plan to fix beef hash and poached eggs for breakfast. Other than that, it'll be a quiet Sunday with the paper and crossword.

Have a plesant day, all.

Judy