Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Sturgeonqueen

Default Dance lessons before the cruise

Can anyone recommend a dance lesson video or DVD for swing dancing? My husband and I like to dance but are not really good at it - I checked out some videos from the library that were somewhat helpful - but I would certainly rely on YOUR recommendations more. There will be many cruisers aboard the Grand Princess 7/25 sailing who will thank you PROFUSELY if you can help us out .

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2005, 05:19 AM
venice

Default Re: Dance lessons before the cruise

I tried the video route because I did not want to embarass myself in front of other people, but I eventually went to the local 'Y" and took real live lessons which was much better..plus they also give classes on most ships

good luck !!
Old June 13th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Lynne and Trevor

Hubby and I also took dance lessons at the Y-but they were refresher for me and new for him. It also is good excercise and gets the weight down!!
Last year we did the dance lessons on the ship-more for fun and refresher. We learned the Merengue, (that wonderful "Dirty Dancing" dance).
In our experience on the ships, there wasn't much ballroom going on, unless you slip into a little venue like the Wheelhouse Bar. The dance floors aren't very big. Sometimes in the Explorer Lounge the group sing and play songs suitable for swing and other ballroom favorites. Lynne----Good Luck!!!!
Old June 13th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Sorry...The dancing videos I have are of Pole Dancing...

and laughing is contagious,
hereís hoping for an epidemic!