Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker
Default Land tour & Alaska

Hi all CM's
This is a condensed version of our trip to the north west parks. Later I will describe the Alaska cruise.
This was a group tour by Your Man Tours in California.
We met our fellow passengers in Tampa and flew to Salt Lake City.
There we checked in to Red Lion hotel. It was very nice, clean comfortable, and good food.
In the afternoon there was a tour of the city; Utah state University, courthouses,the great salt lake and the Temple square. The beautiful temple was under renovation, so we cound not go in or get a good view.
Also, the Beehive house which was the Brigham Young's home. Very nice.
That evening we had a wonderful time at the Heritage park. "This Is the Place" an acted out story of the Mormans crossing the mountains and settling in the area. food and fun.
Next day on to Idaho Falls. Beautiful snow capped mountains, farm land for miles.
Hotel was just ok, nothing special here. Our bus driver pointed out things to look for as we traveled.
Day 3; on to Grand Teton national park and Yellowstone. As we crossed over the Teton Pass elev. 8,431 feet, we stopped to play in the snow, wheeee, what fun!! then down the curving road to Jackson Hole WY. This was my least favorite town, (too tourtisty).
Day 4, Yellowstone National Park. WOW !!! What scenery. Lots of bison, elk, deer,all playing in the fields. The song home on the range came to mind.
saw Old Faithful, paint pots, lots of other geysers, Black Warrier lake, etc.
Next day Butte MT. Ugh nothing to do here but gamble. They even have slots in the laundromat. lol!
Day 5, we had to skip the Couer d' Alene lake and town since it was a holiday and parades would be happening.
Next stop was Deer Park, St. Regis and Wallace Mt. and arrived in Spokane, Wa. for the night. We stayed at the Ridpath. The nicest of all. Great food, room, and views of the mountains, great big breakfast buffet.
Day 6, Dry Falls, Grand Coulee Dam, crossed the boarder into Canada.
Lots of farm land for apples, peaches, cherry and grape. More beautiful land and animals for miles. Spent the night in Penticton, BC.
We had the best seafood since I was in the islands at Salty's Beach House on the lake.
On the road again..another song come to mind.lol. Along Canada's #1 to Manning park, Minters Gardens in Chilliwack,BC.
Now we are in Vancouver,BC where we will board our cruise ship the Volendam tomorrow. Toured the city and saw lots of interesting buildings. This is the city where our driver is from so we all got a good visit. Thanks Hal.. more later.
Carole

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Land tour & Alaska

Carole, thanks for the mini review. I sure would like to see the National Parks and those places one day myself. Was the cruise a part of the tour package deal or did you book that separate?

Phyll

Old June 13th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker
Default Re: Land tour & Alaska

Phyll,
that was all one a package, cruise and land tour. Wonderful price too. If you are interested e mail me in private and I will give you the details.
Carole