Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Money Makes the World Go Round

A $100 million dollar lawsuit was filed yesterday on belhalf of the passengers of the Norwegian Dawn yesterday. The suit alleges that NCL sent the Dawn into the path of an oncoming storm on April 16th.The ship was diverted to No Carolina,and some passengers were hurt.The laywer said" they deliberately took the passengers into a serious storm, and put their lives at risk." The Coast Guard stated that the ships Captain acted appropriately.

I think we all know who will probably make out in this matter.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2005, 06:30 PM
juliet k

Default Re: Money Makes the World Go Round

Who???
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Admiral

probably the lawyers representing the people will be the big winners... I just dont see how ou can sue for an ACT OF GOD.... look @ your homeowners insurance policy... ACTS OF GOD... not covered ! Im sure the lawyers will promise sun & moon... but the claimants would be lucky to get a MOON PIE !! The people that were genuinely hurt and NOT just looking for any easy buck, I hope will get a future cruise credit or such and IF it was the ships FAULT.... help with medicals. This is a touchy subject, I normally dont respond - I hope this doesnt get heated... but I wont be hear to read the replies..... I'll be in VEGAS BABY !!!

jmo
Steph
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:32 PM
susancruzs

Never ceases to amaze me, the lawsuits today, but then people never cease to amaze me either.

I read so many posts around the net, we didn't go to this port, we didn't get this, the cruise line didn't compensate us, this happened, that happened and then there is good old Mother Nature!

Susie
Old June 14th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

I was twice involved in Class Action suits that I knew nothing about! Seems Celebrity and Princess overcharged a port fee at some island by $10.00 or so and someone figured that out about 2 years later.

I kept getting mail from a law firm, along with a zillion other passengers, I'm sure, and a few years later got some coupons for $10.00 off on my next Celebrity or Princess cruise. Of course, I didn't have the heart to use them.

It amazes me how lawsuit happy the country is. On a cruise on the Amsterdam a few years ago, the Norwalk virus broke out - I did not get sick but some people did. I spoke with a woman at the pool who asked if I was going to ask for some "compensation" and I asked her what for? She said she was going to talk to her lawyer. I said, "But you didn't get sick!" and she replied, "But I could have!"

So - Steph is right - a bunch of lawyers will make some money.
Old June 15th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

"But I could have" Geee she could get sick right in her own home too. Then who would she sue?

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 15th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Admiral

unfortunatley i am not surprised by this. Its all lawyer driven -imho. The lawyers dazzled and woohed(suckered) some passengers into believing that they have a snow balls chance of getting some kind of extra compensation, other than what the cruise line has already given. The Coast Guard has cleared the Captain!! <hello>. This lawsuit should be thrown out of court.
Old June 15th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Where do I sign up? I 'could have' taken that cruise, therefore I 'could have' been diverted and I 'could have' been hurt so I 'should have' been compensated.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 15th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Happy Camper

Hopefully the same thing will happen as before on the Norway - no offense to the poor people that died in that explosion - a lawyer decided to not take the money given to the families and have them all join up and sue for mega millions. They did and were only awarded by the judge about 1/2 of what they would have gotten in the first place. They are foreign ships - I forgot what the actual deal was in the end but it was something about them being foreign vessels I think. I dont' think anyone will get anything... Debbie