Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning!

Since I'm not asleep yet at 2:15 a.m. I figured I might as well start the good morning thread! Dare I say I am officially on vacation? I may not have to go to work later today, but I have a full day and full week of appointments and errands and jobs to be done.
Plus I have to clean up the house respectably for company coming next weekend. It's also Grad week for my son; first his Alternative School's own ceremony, then the High School Grad, which will be a river cruise. He has still not decided if he will attend the 2nd one.
Looking at a nice weather day coming up, high to hit 29C or 84F, so that's a nice way to start my vacation!

donna

Old June 20th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Good Monday Morning!

Good morning Donna! And all other CM's to follow.

Donna - you have vacation and you are not on a cruise? Oh the horror! <vbg>

As for me, today is my Dad's 76th birthday - I hope he has MANY more! He and I will celebrate it on Tuesday when I am off from work - he has a three day celebration planned between me and my siblings because of Father's Day and B-day this year.

I picked up a summer cold at work - I hate sniffling, sneezing, coughing and runny nose during the best time of the year!

Have a great day everyone................I am going to try!

Old June 20th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Admiral

GOOD MORNING Donna, Lisa and all to follow.

I haven't posted in the good morning thread for a while as there is not to much to say.

After a Monday that I actually enjoyed I am hoping the rest of the week follows in the same vein.

I hope your son goes on the river cruise Donna, it would be different and a change from his "normal" life.

Lisa. Say "happy birthday" from me to your dad.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Monday!, as I did???

Post Edited (06-20-05 03:03)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old June 20th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

HI Kids,
I am up, but going back to sleep...errands to run,things to do! I am going to watch Regis onboard the NCL Pride of America this morning... From his banter last week on the show, you just know, [my opinion,] this man did not want to do this cruise..They taped it in Boston yesterday, so I am looking forward to his lovable ranting, and seeing the ship. Have an easy day!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 20th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! I can't believe I slept until 6:00AM!!! I got laid off from the temp job on Friday so now here we go again job hunting. I still have the part time job at the school for the time being. Maybe I can use the free time to work on my outside cruise sales. Wow, I just realized the roar of motorcycles has disappeared. Just the normal traffic sounds today. Have a great day CruiseMates

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 20th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. I hope all the dads had a great Father's Day. Monday, again? I swear each week goes faster than the last! Yesterday was very nice with the kids here for brunch. Jackie and Jason decided they REALLY LIKED Vegas and want to go back. Gary and I started our miniature golf tournament yesterday...I had him by 5 strokes at one point, but he came back and beat me by 1. I think he sets me up!
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday. Enjoy the last day of spring!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Jen Young

Good Morning All,

It as such a lovely day. It is cool, but the sun is just brilliant and the air is fresh and clean.

Yesterday was church, rushed home and got ready to go to the in-laws. We didn't get home until 8 p.m. Will have to work doubly hard around here to make up for all that didn't get done yesterday. Plus I expect a busy week this week at Church as the Pastor and his wife are out of town and it falls to me to keep a handle on everything. The kids are booked to the max and my husband starts two weeks on On-Call duty for the Electric company.

Have a good start to your weeks everyone.

VTJen
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Finally good local news from our local newspaper: ''Hot summer weather is coming - HONEST``. It goes on....`''Experts expect us to finally turn corner into summer weather this week''.

Also for from the same page: ''Weather bad for lobster season, Lobster catches down 50%``. For CruiseMates who don't know our area very well, lobsters fishing is a very important part of our economy.

The sun is shining today on the coast and it's going to be a good day.

Have a fun day.

Bill
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

We finally had a day without rain, so I had to mow the hay field ( formerly known as my lawn). Warm weather is supposed to be back in the foercast, so maybe I'll get my garden in. DW planted a few flowers while I mowed, so that's a start.

It's another Monday, so...Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Monday Morning!

Good morning from swfl....wow you guys are up early! I am just dreaming about my Germany trip. It's also a non stop fight this time and the kids are all so excited. Too bad it's not until December!
My dh car has a problem and he is going to the shop this morning. Ever since he got it fixed the charge won't last. Thats just typical!
Donna good thing you are on vacation now with the nice weather.
Everyone else have a wonderful day!!!!

Post Edited (06-20-05 06:28)
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi There,
It's overcast here in Avon Park, FL at the moment and we're expecting rain filtering up from the tropics a little later. Right now it looks as it's heading for Sue!
We had a nice weekend visit from my step-daughter and her family who live about an hour north of here. Then, yesterday, I talked to both my fathers (one in Toronto) and Trevor had a call from his other 3 adult children who are in Dayton.
Our grandson, Josh, the middle son of one of the kids who called yesterday, will be arriving here on Wednesday. He emailed Saturday that everything was straightened out and his grandfather can take him to the airport -and-all he needs is his birth certificate. I'm glad they finally called the airport from THEIR end and found out what to do for sure.

It's back to work today. I don't think there is anything else spectacular happening this week. Enjoy your day! Lynne

Old June 20th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates and hope your Monday is a good one. Hope all of y ou had a great weekend and a good Fathers day. We had the kids down and we(I)did the grilling thing and just relaxed.

Hope your day is wonderful and hope all are safe.

John ( sure wishing I had a criuse booked )

Old June 20th, 2005, 08:10 AM
TomS

Good morning from the Mile High City! They are calling for highs in the mid 90s here with a very slight chance for a t-storm. As for my efforts to find a permanant cruisemate, I am making progress. After one got away last week (to extend the fishing metaphor), I re-baited my hook and cast my line. I already have a nibble, and this one looks like it is worth reeling in for closer inspection. Is it a keeper? Will I throw it back into the ocean? Will she jump out of the boat? I don't know yet, but I will take my time and carefully inspect this one before I make a decision (but I will keep you all informed of any major developments).

TomS
Old June 20th, 2005, 08:27 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......suppose to be in the 80's today!!!! I can live with that!!!!

Trip.......I think you are right about Regis....<S> I hope to see it also......

Laura........good luck on the job hunt again.......have fun with your outside sales.....

Y'all have a great Monday!!!!

Sharon

Old June 20th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunny skies in Calgary this morning... giving people some opportunity to recover from the flooding, or at least get a look at the damages. Expecting a mid 70s F day, but more rain is forecast later in the week.

I'm off to work, and time to begin preparing for the upcoming Calgary Stampede in ernest. Having some difficulties finding enough experienced staff... so hoping I see more qualified applicants soon.

No golf in my future for a few days, as my golf club is closed due to flooding.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 20th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Another extremely busy week for me.

The kitties are certainly a handful - or should I say two handfuls. They've integrated themselves into our lives now, but we still don't know what to name them!

Have a great day.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old June 20th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Florida. After a day at Epcot yesterday, daughter, SIL and granddaughter slept late this morning so this is the first chance I've had at the computer. Think today will find us on our way to Daytona Speedway to see the sights up there. With a whole family of NASCAR fans this will surely be an exciting day.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:19 AM
chyna_c

Good morning from sunny and hot Tampa, FL!!
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Tom S. good luck and good for you for getting right back on the horse....oh wait, that's not the metaphor we're looking for here but you know what I mean.
We had a quiet Fathers day yesterday....it was our first without both of our dads so I was sort of dreading it but we made a nice day for my husband who probably worked too hard doing yardwork but bushes must be cut before screen room is rescreened....finally!
Today my husband and I will have lunch with our daughter before she heads back to school in Jax.
Angela Z.
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from Southern California, finally . . . had a laptop problem. It's gonna be a hot one here. Oh well, it had to come sooner or later.

Off to the gym, then housework and wrestle with the finances (;(;

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a sunny(!) Vancouver.
Off to work later today and then an early shift Tues. Fri.afternoon is the Gr.8 graduation(from Middle School) ceremony at my eldest's school. Nothing fancy of course. Next year high school=yikes!!
Found out that the people interested in my Mum's property are not interested anymore. Rats! I was hoping I could start looking into cruises for Dec/06 or Jan/07!!
Hope everyone has a good day. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda