Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:32 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Corp. Interactive Television

This is my big brag.

My Bro owns a local company that provides computer graphics solutions for broadcast and other applications (he recently launched a closed-circuit Airport news system here in Canada, and if you watched the last 10 Super Bowls, or major election coverage on several major networks, that's his system providing the transparent animated graphics and instantly-updated statistics). See poor quality sample image>

About "unnamed company X", Inc

"Unnamed Company X" is an innovator in the field of graphics automation solutions for broadcast television, cable, and interactive television. The company’s products significantly streamline the graphics production workflow by offering the ability to automatically capture and control live data, create corresponding data-driven graphics, and deliver professional, real-time graphics to multiple output channels. "unnamed company X" also offers creative design, integration, and consulting services. "unnamed company X"'s products and services have been used by many of the world’s leading broadcasters, including CBS, CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, NBC, Time Warner Cable, CBC/Radio-Canada, CTV, Global Television, and others around the world. For more information, visit "unnamed-companyX".net

BTW: The industry buzzword for this type of service is "Narrowcasting".

I thought it was interesting, and posted a link to his site, which was banned by Board Gods due to "commercial content", which I sort of understand.

Anyways, last week, he flew to Miami to meet with Carnival about installing his interactive system on board their ships. Also took a tour of a ship that was in port at the time, to view & assess systems currently in place. Carnival reps viewed his products at InfoComm trade show in Las Vegas June 8-10 and wanted him to visit head office asap. I've seen his products, and trust me, they are light years ahead of anything currently on any cruise ship.

I think you can walk into any Home Depot, and look for "Home Depot Television", which is also his product, and similar to what he is proposing.

I hope it works out, and he needs lots of help........... (Oh! Oh! pick me! pick me!)

Post Edited (06-23-05 00:40)

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2005, 05:29 AM
Jen Young

Default Re: Carnival Corp. Interactive Television

Wow,

VTJen
Old June 23rd, 2005, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Cool, Cynic. If he needs any more help, you know where to find me!

donna

Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Big congrats to your brother!!! I envy technically gifted people, since I am such a tech clutz.

If he lands that Carnival contract life will be good <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:14 AM
Admiral

curious to know what would offered on the ships.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:36 AM
venice

does this mean as a consultant your brother gets to bring you along on a few shakedown cruises ?