Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Default help needed... will pay to ship cats to new home

hi everyone... I wanted to post one more time in DESPERATION for help.... I need to find a home for moms 2 cats ! They will be 4 yrs old on July 4th. They are brother & sister from the same litter, they are indoor cats and have only been outside to see the vet. They are bot "fixed" but not declawed. They are really sweet cats, of course mom would like them to be able to stay together, but we realize that may not be possible.

For those of you who didnt read / see my last post about this subject - When my mom was still in NJ, she had a 2 story house - the cats lived upstairs and had plenty of freedom. Now that I ve relocated her to TX and a 1story house, the cats are kept in the guest bedroom as the dogs are constant aggravation for the cats. Before you think it, the dogs are moms show dogs so getting rid of them is not an option...

Mom is willing to ship the cats if we can place them, or we will drive 300 miles any direction from Lubbock to deliver them to their new "digs" I will post their photo in a personal gallery so you can see these gorgeous cats... if you know of ANYONE who might be interested, please let me know. We cant take them to our shelter, because they will euthanize if the cats dont find homes. Thanks for reading this long post - take care !

Steph
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: help needed... will pay to ship cats to new home

photos of the cats are in my "misc photos" gallery.... thanks
Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Try this: Advertise your Pet

A better alternative to local area classified ads - instant online ads. Last 10 ads posted are featured as Recently Added Classifieds by Texas County.

Begin advertising within minutes to people throughout your Texas county and surrounding counties who want to buy from local area classified ads online.
Post Your For Sale Ad by Texas County today!

Limited time Grand Opening Offer: FREE text ads - up to 15 words of copy!
=============================
Also check this one out: This is want ads for cats/kittens in Texas:
Cats Wanted

Post Edited (06-23-05 12:28)
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
Happy Camper

Petfinder.com might advertise them for free for you - I've seen them do it before. That is the sight all the shelters use too. Also did you try the cat site at "petoftheday.com" that I told you about??? How about putting pictures up at the local vets and shelters??? Good Luck! Debbie
Old June 23rd, 2005, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Steph,

I've e-mailed a friend in Bonham, TX who loves cats. She might be interested or they may already have too many. I'll let you know what the "verdict" is. Please wait a couple of days for me to hear from her.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:49 PM
Admiral

great Fern... any lead will help... Ive exhausted all options locally... vets, grocery store, Petsmart... etc... Appreciate your help !!

Steph
Old June 24th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Passenger

i donbt want anyone to take this the wrong way but how can someone keep there cats locked up /or choose between there pets i would let the cats be free and go outside they can deffend there selves i know i have two cats and they are inside/outside cats and one is declawed how can someone say that getting rid of "show dogs" is no option i would make arrangements to keep both...........

dont take any of that offensively
Old June 24th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Erin -
First of all... keep in mind these are not MY animals. Secondly, sometimes in life you have to make choices... my mom is heartbroken over this & comes to tears often about it... I just know it owuld make living arrangements easier for her to live with. The cats do get out at night when the dogs are asleep. But, as usually is the case alot of Cats & Dogs dont get along together. For instance, I have a dog who is a Terrier and she HATES cats, birds, rabbits, etc - it does happen. The cats have never been exposed to life outside the house, as mom doesnt want them to get run over or hurt by someone who doesnt like prowling cats on their property. I had a cat many years ago, "Max" who liked to roam... she came home crying 1 night and covered in blood... she had been hit by a car and broke her front leg... yet she hobbled all the way home. I had emergency surgery to the tune of $1200, which is alot of money for newlyweds starting out in life. Well, 2 years later our son came along and Max was jealous... she would pee in the crib, on toys... we had no choice but to CHOOSE our son over Max. Believe it or not, our city had a City Council meeting TRYING to pass a leash law for cats ! If the law had passed, cat owners would be fined if their cat was caught roaming. Needless to say, it did NOT get passed, but there are alot of animals that run free & alot of them carry diseases.

I think instead of you being so concerned about how the animals live right now, you should try to look @ the positive side that we /she have not taken them to the pound & abandoned them. She loves the animals so much, she is offering to ship them to a loving family if need be. Does that sound like someone who is cruel to their animals ?

Im sorry if you are offended by the situation... but Im looking for any help we can find - which is why I posted here.

Steph
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Steph - as a last resort, I would contact Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah....while they may not be able to take the cats, they may have some suggestions as to what you can do - or find someone who can take the cats.

Old June 24th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hi Steph, I wish I could come get the cats. I love cats and would gladly take them if I could. Shipping them anywhere would be very traumatic for them. I really hope you are able to find a nice home for them close by for their sake.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 24th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Happy Camper

Steph - I think you are doing great trying as hard as you are!!! Just wait - things have a way of working out. I will keep you and the cats in my prayers... Thank you for all you are doing - most wouldn't have done as much at all and just took them to animal control to be killed. One is at a shelter now with the caption - dropped off by owner because they didn't love her anymore.... How sad!! You are doing great and the cats appreciate it!! Debbie Chin up!
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Happy Camper

I posted it on the pettalk board again - I'm trying!!! Debbie
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:13 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

Steph,
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Passenger

look you dont know me i said in my post dont take it to offensivly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have a cat that someone killed with car antifreeze so dont try to make me feel sorry for you... i understand choosing your son over your cats but not dog over cat or cat over dog... oh and i had 2 cats get hit by a car and 1 cat got hit and lived my cat i have right now(mittens) got attacked by my neighbor because my neighbor doesnt like my parents dog the police took over 1 year ago i know about animals.... my neighbor had to police put a high powered shocking colar on my dog before they took him... i never said your mother was cruel either.. i dont know her.and if your mother did take them to the pound they would put them to sleep...

and to help you out a little if you have a pets mart near your home they take cats sometimes and put them up for addoption...

sorry if i made you mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:26 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

Steph,

I know what you are going through, I had to take my dog (who I had for 7 years) to the humaine society 2 years ago, and I still cry about it. I looked on the internet for no-kill shelters in Texas, and this is what I came up with.....

http://www.uexplore.com/directory/txnokill.htm

I don't know if this will help, but it also has listings for people who will take them as foster parents. If that link gets deleted, email me, and I will send it again!!

Good luck, I know how heartbreaking it is to have to give a pet away.

Erin
Old June 24th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Hi Steph,

I'm so sorry but my friend says she can't take your kitties. They already have 14 (I think) and I thought maybe two more wouldn't matter, but she says they have enough.

I hope you find homes for them soon. Wish I could take them.

Good luck,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Admiral

Thanks for trying Fern... I still have "feelers" out... hope something happens SOON, before its too late !!
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Admiral

How about a sign outside your home?

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Happy Camper

Steph - thanks for trying the Cat Board - so sorry they were rude!! I just never know about people - sometimes real nice and the next they take things out of context - happens here too occasionally... though not usually on this board - other cruise boards were bad.. Hope all will work out - sorry again for how rude they were.. Debbie