Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2005, 03:10 AM
Yeoman

Default Good Sat. Morn.

Wow, been a long time since I was the 1st up on the boards. Got a lot to do today so up early. We have had so much rain that the tree frogs are out and chirping. Larry (the cat) decided he had to see what all the noise was about so jumps on top of the TV in our bedroom to look out the window. this wou;ldn.t have been bad but he knocked the vcr off along with tapes and pulled the antenna out from the wood blinds. Guess who was awake now! Let him out and he just stands at the door listening to them. Ugh! so, decided to jump on the boards early. Off to Orlando.Hope traffic isn't too bad. Have a great weekend.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2005, 05:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Sat. Morn.

Good morning from Central Florida. We have no frogs chirping but the puppy still yipped to go out. Not sure I'm understanding this premise. Thought the pup was 'da Coots'..... Well he's sleeping and I'm up letting Pogo out. What's wrong with this picutre.

It's way too early to decide what to do today, but I'm sure with the second cup of coffee I'll have a list that's pretty long.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old July 2nd, 2005, 05:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Sat. Morn.

Good morning Anne,Tweety and the rest that will follow. We had the same problem here with our cat. At5am he scratched the door..and he does this every morning. It is very very upsetting. My dh took the moment and went for a refreshing dip in the pool. I am on my 2nd cup of coffee. Today we need to finish the grass<did I say we? > and we need to get a birthday gift for Aiden. The kids want to go to Busch Gardens tomorrow...we will see.
There was another shark attack this time in Boca Grande. I know the spot we usually go swimming there at the beach.But this is shark season and we would never go in the water right now.At least the guy did not die.
I wish everyone a great day.................

Old July 2nd, 2005, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning, I woke up a little latter than normal, too much Canada Day celebrations!

Much needed rain is falling as I write this post.

Local newspaper headline news is mostly about our infamous Karla Homolka who is coming out of prison this weekend. She's been in jail for 12 years for her part in the sexual torture murder of 3 school girls. Most people feel she should have gotten life like her husband. She got off easy for testifiying against her husband.

Have a good weekend.

Bill
Old July 2nd, 2005, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Our dog has woken us up too. thankfully, he is little, because he was sleeping on my head...oy ! My agenda is taking my 16 year old grandaughter to the mall, to clothes shop..[drat] ..Have a good one !!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 2nd, 2005, 06:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Not usually up this early on a Saturday but have an early appt. to get my hair cut.
Anne, I hope the traffic won't be too bad for you.
Tweety, how're the boxes coming along?
Angela Z.

Old July 2nd, 2005, 06:43 AM
Jen Young

Good Morning All,

My day is all set to make preperations for tomorrow. Will try and get to the 25th Anniversary Party for friends - but I have to get daughter from work at about the same time in the opposite direction. Also will watch the fire works tonight. Husband worked all of the evening, came home at 10 and back out at about 4. Today is his last day of on-call untill July 11th - I welcome the break. It has been a gruelling two weeks.

Last night I called my daughter to come outside and as I did my husband and son both arrived home at the same time. I made them come with me to walk the dog in the field across the road from my house. I have never seen so many fireflies in one place - it was like a sparkling canvas. We enjoyed a ful 5 minutes with each other, no interruptions soaking in an amazing sight - there was also lightning in the distance which was lighting up the clouds all kinds of pinks and purples. Truly outstanding.
We all needed that simple little break.

Son's girlfriend continued to act out most of the day. Her father offically moved from the home, took her dog, most of the furniture and left no food or money for food. He makes me very, very angry. I guess I'll take her grocery shopping sometime soon.

I have also somehow scratched my eye. It is very red and irratated. It feels very strained and is now so light sensitive that even the glow from the computer screen is making it water and painful. I really don't have time to go the the Emergency Room, not even sure if I have too, but don't know how I'll drive or anything today. I hoping it will just go away, but I know better than that.

Hope you all have a fun day,

VTJen
Old July 2nd, 2005, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert, where it was still 100 degrees when I went to bed at 10:30 last night. I never didi hear what the high was, but I'm sure it was around 111 or 112 or so.

The devestating Cave Creek Complex fire continues to burn northward. It is now the second largest fire our state has ever experienced. The main route between the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix area) and northern Arizona is I-17, and the DOT is saying that it will be closed off and on all through the holiday as the fire fighters conduct back burns to try to stop the fire from moiving any farther west. My parents live in Flagstaff, and I called them and said that we wouldn't even try to come up north for the holiday. We'll go in a couple of weeks or so when the fire isn't threatening to interrupt the trip.

Since we're not going to Flagstaff, we bought tickets for the Arizona Diamondbacks vs St. Louis Cardinals game on Monday afternoon. That should be a fun way to spend the 4th!

Have a great Saturday Cruise Mates and be safe!

Old July 2nd, 2005, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we have turned off the air conditioning for the first time since it was installed a week and a half ago. We are not used to extended heat spells like we have experienced here lately.
Jen, I liked your story about the fireflies. That lightning you saw was here in Montreal, we had quite a thunderstorm after dinner, but also saw a beautiful rainbow while we were waiting for the local Canada Day Parade to start. This year for the first time, they held it at night, and it was quite nice - lots of sparkling "fairy lights" and everyone in the parade was wearing those glow-in-the-dark necklaces.

As Bill W. says, the big news around here is the imminent release of infamous prisoner Karla Homolka. The press have been staking out the local prison for days. She plans to live in the Montreal area when she is released. I hope I never run into her. She is probably the 2nd most hated criminal in Canada, the 1st being her husband who has been delclared a dangerous offender and has been sentenced to life.

Yesterday's Canada Day celebrations at my sister's pool went well. We had great weather until the thunderstorms blew in. Today, it's probably going to be shopping and errands, and maybe a trip back to the pool.
Have a good weekend everyone!

donna

Old July 2nd, 2005, 09:12 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........sun is trying to peek out......no rain.....hmmmm a rerun of yesterday........<S> Suppose to be nice for the weekend...........hope so.....

Not much going on today.....we have the whole next 3 days off!!!! Going to enjoy that......

Y'all have a great Saturday!!!!

Sharon

Old July 2nd, 2005, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Clouds are moving in again in Calgary, with showers and thundershowers in the forecast.

Going to try and get in another golf game this afternoon if the weather allows. The excercise seems to be paying off... or so I tell Mrs Kuki <G>

Spoke to my sister in Pheonix yesterday... who's just returned from a 12 day Med cruise on the Crystal Serenity. She reports that everything was FABULOUS, and that I MUST put Crystal on my "to do" list.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates from Central AZ. Crystal clear so far this morning. We had smoke and ash from the Cave Creek fire yesterday that Desertcruzer talked about earlier. Will probably get the smoke etc. later on today as they say gusty winds are in store for us. Not good for the firefighters on the line. The fire is northwest from us.

The families all arrived safely yesterday from So. CA. The grandkids are getting bigger and taller each time we see them. Kyle is 13 and his sister Kendra is 11. Michael is 5 and his twin sister Tessa and twin brother Nicholas are going on 19 months. What a crack up the twins are. Totally different personalities to be sure.

DW and I will be treated to a late lunch out to someplace in town. The kids have not told us where but know it will be good.

Oh by the way......we don't have any pets to wake us up in the morning, just the crazy Grossbeaks singing their fool heads off beginning at 4 AM!!! <G>

Enjoy your day.

Old July 2nd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from Southern California where it'll be a hot one. We went from sweater or jacket weather in the mornings in Newport Beach to temps in the high 90's in our area.

Well, back to reality: ironing and housework.

Have a good holidahy weekend, all.

Judy
Old July 2nd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas. It is hot here today again. We were teased yesterday about having some rain today, but it didn't happen. Not yet anyway. We had lighting bugs when we were going up, for listening to the story about the field brought back memories. We might see one or two here in Texas, but not like in Ga. I think someone called them fireflys. Husband is fishing and teen boys are sleeping. Animals are under my feet as I type this. I have to go to the store, but after that, I plan to read. and do nothing. lol

Have a safe day.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 2nd, 2005, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates from Orange Mass. We are here for the holiday weekend. Looks like a nice day here and hopefully for the rest of the weekend. Have a great hholiday all.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 2nd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny beautiful SE WI. It's a gorgeous day, and I've been busy washing windows and cleaning screens while I get the laundry done. I knew if I put this computer on early and started reading and surfing the net, I'd never get anything done.

Jen, I enjoyed your story about last night too. Sounds awesome.

We'll be going out tonight to a nice restaurant in Milwaukee to celebrate my good MRI report and Jake's new job. I got a nice little black dress on sale at the mall yesterday that I was going to wear, but since the only reservation we could get on short notice is for 5PM, I'll save that little number for a later more romantic dinner time.

Have a good and safe holiday weekend everyone.

Phyll

Old July 2nd, 2005, 12:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good almost morning everyone: (It will be afternoon by the time I finish writing)

The old tractor bit the big one yesterday. We did not take the block apart but with the sound it made it wasn't good. It was fast, grinding and loud. A sad end to good 25 year old tractor.

We went to the local John Deere dealer to buy a new one. Oooh the fun! The dealer told us that if we wait until Tuesday the one we want is being put on closeout for twenty percent less. Guess what? I'm waiting until Tuesday. I'll have two acres of very long grass but at least a couple of dollars left for my September cruise.

I too have the Rolex, animal alarm clock. We finally have Kramer's clock adjusted to go off at about 7:00AM. His is the first face I see when I wake up in the morning. He is always standing by the side of the bed asking for breakfast and to go outside. If his first quiet whimper doesn't work on me he will go around to the other side and try it on Betty. If neither of us respond then it's a full fledged "BARK". I don't know what happens if we don't respond to that but I don't want to find out. <VBG>

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and wonderful Independence Day weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me