Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Yeoman

Default Voyager Aft Cabins??

Hello CM's. I haven't been posting lately. BUT now that we are about to book a cruise I think I'll be here a lot more regularly again! YIPPPPEEEEEE.
I would appreciate some help though. We are going to book the Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas for Sept. 23rd. We are getting two balcony cabins. We can book two aft cabins on the very back of deck 8 with RCCL or 2 on deck 6 with an online TA. I

The guy at RCCL assured me the movement is not bad in the aft cabins & the balconies are much bigger, but I was reading some reviews and a person who had an aft cabin said the vibration from the engines was so bad it kept them awake & made them sick! Anyone know anything about this??? Would you take the aft cabins, or the midship on deck 6???

I'd really appreciate any help (and fairly quickly) (G).
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Voyager Aft Cabins??

We were on the Voyager in May and had 9692 - aft. It was the same cabin we had the previous year. The balcony is very much bigger than the standard balcony. We had a small table, 2 chairs and 2 lounges and still had plenty of walking around room.

The only time we felt any vibration was when we were docking in the ports. Then it lasted only a few minutes . The rest of the time it was very smooth. We love the aft balconies and feel the extra walk is worth if for the peace and quiet.

Enjoy your trip.
Old July 4th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Voyager Aft Cabins??

Nancy,

I have had a Cat C: (Now Cat J) 1694 on Voyager and the cabin had no real noticeable movement or vibration. I would strongly advise you to take it. This cabin was larger than the same categlory cabin and the balcony was VERY large. Other cabins on the stern are larger than cabins in the same category.

Because of the design of Voyager you will have a bit of distance from your balcony to the stern and the balconies do have more of an overhang. Our cabin was on deck 10 and was completely covered and rather dark. Yours may be a bit more light.

**Note: Edited to change cabin location from Deck 8 to deck 10.

Some cabin pictures are in the gallery at:

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1752

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me