Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Happy Camper

Default WHICH Ship Is Worth The Money To Try??

OK - it seems most everyone would spend more money to do the same route but on a better ship so which ships are worth it? Is it the Voyager Class or the Grand Class or the Spirit Class or HAL or Celebrity? WHich particular ships are worth it???

Thanks I've tried many of the older ships but if I'm going to pick any where for the ship itself which particular ship is the best?? Debbie
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: WHICH Ship Is Worth The Money To Try??

Millenium Class
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Admiral

I personally like Millennium class Celebrity ships, but Spirit class Carnival ships aren't bad either. Haven't tried any of the Voyager class ships.

Carnival Glory
Old July 6th, 2005, 11:38 AM
First Mate

Maybe try the new Carnival"Liberty". It is their new megaship!! Enjoy
Old July 6th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Boy, you'll probably get a lot of different opinions on this one. I always take Celebrity if I can. Otherwise RCI or Princess are my second choice for lines. I like the bigger ships, but that doesn't really matter to much to me. I haven't tried Carnival, HAL or any of the others yet.

Phyll

Old July 6th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

My dream is to someday cruise the Cunard line QE2, Queen Mary, etc. don't care where they go, just get me on one. dream on, and on.
For now it's the CCL and the Liberty with the big 760' movie screen.

Old July 6th, 2005, 10:01 PM
susancruzs

I really like the RCI Radiance class ships alot, all that glass, light, bright interiors, but I liked the Golden Princess (Grand class) real well, too! :-)

I favor light interiors, windows, bright and cheery. Carnival, Celebrity and Costa are way too dark for me, not enough windows.

Susie
Old July 7th, 2005, 02:03 AM
First Mate

i have two years to plan and save for my fall 2007 canada/new england cruise. i love carnival but i am really leaning towards the 11 day ncl jewel ship for this cruise. i will get in more ports and i want to try freestyle cruising next. it has a great itinerary and i cant wait to sail on her. this will be a big step for me and i have alot of research to do and SAVING. it will be a wonderful cruise.

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Which cruise lines have you cruised with Happy Camper?

Any burning desire to cruise a certain line?

I had wanted for a long time to cruise on the Grand Princess or one of her sisters, did it. And then there was the hype for the Voyager of the Seas class, did it. Celebrity's new Millennium back when she was the first in her class, did it. Hmmm, I see a pattern here...And now, I'm booked on the Carnival Liberty!

I'm interested also in sailing on a ship with the emphasis on the word "SAILING". I'm sure a cruise on a masted vessel is in my future sometime.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Happy Camper

Mermaid - been on Carnival, NCL (only once under old management before freestyle) and RCL. Many on CCL and RCL.

I've always wanted to travel on the "Love Boat" which is Princess cruise line. I've wanted to sail on the Grand Princess since she came out. The RCL Voyager would be great too.

BUT! I really wanted to sail on the Carnival Destiny when it came out and didn't think I'd get the chance. Well hubby really wanted to try it too - with all the hype about it we thought we just had to try it and I got a last minute "night owl" cabin back in March 99 and we flew to Miami last minute and boarded the Destiny... SO EXCITED!!! Well, it did the Western Caribean which we could do cheaper out of New Orleans (Not out of Galveston then with 7 nighters) but we flew to Miami because of the ship. NOT the route. Although one bonus was the route was in Cozumel till midnight so we could do a night dive for the first time. Well, I got sick from the flu. Combine that with a night owl cabin..... We did the night dive and froze in cold water. (great dive though and a great memory since we haven't done it again) and I guess the main thing was the ship wasn't worth it. In the end we had more fun on a smaller ship so we decided not to go for the ship itself as this one just didn't pan out to be anything really but a bigger (more cabins) version of their other ships and hitting college spring break head on didn't help any either! So maybe it was more me being sick and try to avoid violent (fights) rude and obnoxious college kids that happen to be 2000 to 1000 veteren cruisers colored my judgement. So now I'm asking others if they thought the ship itself - if you went out of the way to try a particular ship - was it worth it or did you figure out that the ship didn't make as much difference as the people on board or the itenerary?????? Debbie