Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Happy Camper

Default Inside Cabin Newer Ship OR Outside Cabin OLD ship?

Would you choose an inside cabin on say the Grand verses an outside cabin on say the Elation? Just to be on the ship? Is it worth being on the ship but sacrificing the better cabin?? Even say an outside on one ship verses having a balcony on an older ship??? Debbie
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Inside Cabin Newer Ship OR Outside Cabin OLD ship?

that's just a matter of personal choice. I do not like inside cabins doesn't matter if its a new ship or an older ship. I will pay the extra for my balcony- regardless.
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:53 PM
susancruzs

Interesting question! I would not sacrifice the ship or itinerary I wanted just for a balcony!

I went on Costa one year because I could get a balcony for what I would pay for an inside on other lines. It was an o.k. cruise but I prefer Princess or RCI.

Susie
Old July 7th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Admiral

Debbie -

I thought you were considering OTHER vacation ideas ? Are u set on cruising again ? If so... Id say get the ship u want... itinerary you want... how much time do u really spend in your room ? I'd sleep in the broom closet if it got me to where I wanted to be...

Come see me - (and I'll send u home with 2 cats... lol)

Steph
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Admiral

The itinerary and the ship are way more important to me than the cabin. Obviously, balconies are wonderful, but if I was trying to save money, I would not hesitate to book an inside.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Also depends on your sailing partner. My son and I have done and would do again, an inside in a heartbeat if it helped us get on the cruise we wanted. My dh, on the other hand, would be miserable in an inside. He LOVED the balcony and never wants to cruise without one.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Happy Camper

Steph - that is what i'm afraid of!! One look at those eyes and i'd have to bring them both home to my two cats so they could beat each other up!!! My second cat I got in February and they still tollerate each other but you won't see them curling up together!!

I don't know what is in store for vaca for us. We have to take it a day at a time but we both know we would love to go on another cruise. We still have to do another road trip. The one last weekend to Sea Rim Park wasn't enough! Nice park though and the airboat ride through the marsh was fun too! So nice to be by the ocean again. Debbie
Old July 7th, 2005, 04:32 PM
hydro-terp

I dont think I could go back to the old outside cabins with windows and no balcony.

That would be akin to torture to me now after doing the balcony thing.

Id go inside on an older one and save the money for the bar bill.

Man I can distinctly remember going on the Sensation back in like 92 or 94 and walking the exclusive hall up on top where they have the 6 or 8 suites with balconies that overlook the life boats or something and peeking in when the stewards were cleaning the cabins and thinking how great must that be and now Im balking at not having a balcony of my own on any cruise.

If you find a cruise that you want to do but cant afford the balcony hell yeah go inside.