Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Default "Dancing with the Stars" Finale TONIGHT!!!!

who else is rooting for John and Charlottee?? i love them, they are so elegant and classy, i hope they win.
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Jennifer and Gene

Default Re: "Dancing with the Stars" Finale TONIGHT!!!!

yes we can only hope
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

They will win I am sure.....notice how the age difference dictates the amount of clothing the woman wears

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 6th, 2005, 11:37 AM
First Mate

Saw him on a show and he said they won it all!
Old July 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM
HOPE

Abc had no idea how much of a hit this show was going to be. They just needed a summer filler. I like it because all age groups really enjoy it. Both couples are just fabulous.
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Admiral

I also want to see John and Charlotta win over Kelly and her partner. I love watching ballroom dancing - especially the Latin dances. It was nice to see how popular the show became. Makes you feel like going out and tripping the light fantastic also. We always take lessons on our cruises - and Mort hates every minute of it. He is not "from the dancers" - as they say.
Cindy

Old July 6th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Kelly wins. And with a perfect score for a very less-than-perfect routine. I smell a fix.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old July 7th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Admiral

Im glad Kelly won... while I do like John... but I like Kelly more... as far as the "less" clothing issue goes... she definitely has it, so why not flaunt it ? I commend her for overcoming her inexperience to make it that far... jmo

Steph
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Admiral

i was definately disappointed in the results. I feel that John and Charlotte overall were far superior to Kelly and Ivan(?) It was a couple of fancy tricks that they did that made the difference , not overall dance technique.
Old July 7th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Happy Camper

So glad Kelly won!! They were so mean to her at first and all through that it was nice to se her win and the dance was incredible! Debbie
Old July 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Admiral

I think the score was definately 'scripted' but the public votes may well have picked them over J&C. John is the typical 'movie star of the 40's-50's' and very classy. He is a little old to be able to perform some of the routines in the freestyle though and yes I saw him mess up a couple times that were critical. Kelly did work very hard and was unbeliveable in how much she learned and shows that she really is an actress that has many talents! Yes she also does have a 'ripped' body and I am sure that had something to do with the public votes, especially among males. <VBG> I like the figure of the lady that lost last week as someone that really appeals to me but have to admire Kelly's physical condition. We thought they won it fair and square. Look for a sequel to this!
Jim

Old July 7th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Sea Queen

I'm looking forward to the sequel too. I wonder who the next batch of celebrities will be. I thought John & Charlotte would win since they seemed to be the favourites from very early on and they have such great chemistry together. You can tell that they've become really good friends. Kelly & Alex, on the other hand, didn't seem to have as much affection for each other but they certainly dance well together. And kudos to Kelly for persevering making such a huge comeback.

Gail (formerly Cruiseaholic)
Old July 8th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Lynne and Trevor

We watched it too, and I wanted John and his partner to win. Trevor liked Kelly from the beginning and thinks that her instructor was the best of the bunch. I started taking ballroom in 8th grade--many years ago. Trevor has taken lessons with me, too, since we've been married. He admitted though that Kelly didn't give her best performance in the freestyle-too many acrobatics and not enough dance. But, the couple sizzled, and that's what was appealing. I think that John was elequent and elegant as usual, and I did see him make a couple of flubs in his footwork on turns, etc. Trevor was convinced that he would win==and absolutely had no use for the woman judge, who was usually negative! I don't think that 3 #10s were warranted, though for Kelly. I do commend her for her hard work and good comeback.
I'm looking forward to a sequel. I would have misssed this show if my choir director hadn't mentioned it at a rehearsal the second week it was on. We got out early so she wouldn't miss it. Now, what do we watch on Wednesday nights!!! Lynne
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Admiral

I really didn't think that Kelly and Alex should have made it past the second week, but they seem to have persevered. Three perfect scores on the final dance, though??? That, I cannot believe! John and Charlotta really deserved the win hands down IMO, but the people (and those dumb judges) have spoken. I think that many callers voted with their hearts instead of their heads...so what else is new? I suppose I was just cheering for the ancient geezer, J. Peterman, to try to get an AARP member some recognition.<G> But all in all it was fun, wasn't it?

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas