Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Default Heartfelt condolensces to England

I know this isn't about cruising, but I know a lot of you that read these boards are cruisers from Europe, especially the UK. Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of all of you in this tragic time.
You were so good to us after 9/11. Now it is our time to be there for you.
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:05 PM
SharB

Default Re: Heartfelt condolensces to England

Our prayers are with you . . .

Shar & Capt Ron
Old July 7th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Admiral

Absolutely. Condolences go out to any CruiseMates in the UK, and I hope you and your families and friends are not affected by this horiffic tragedy.

donna

Old July 7th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Another case of mindless, senseless terror. All sane people condemn this act of hatred and destruction.

My prayers are with the wonderful people of London, one of my favorite cities in the world. Somehow, we MUST put an end to this madness.
Old July 8th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Admiral

I'm so saddened by this ridiculous act of terrorism upon innocent people. These cowards who instigated this tragedy are sub-human.

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 8th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Yeoman

My heart goes out to everyone affected by this tragedy.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Admiral

I hate it for anyone who has to go through this terrible tragedy cooked up by a small group of cowards. Prayers to all of you friends across the pond and Good Luck.

Old July 8th, 2005, 03:45 PM
joto

It means a lot to us Brits that you are thinking of us. The only friends or family that we have living in the London area live north of London and drive in to the nw suburbs to work so were nowhere near the bombings. But as we know it can happen anywhere at anytime to anyone with or without warning. We have mostly lived in the countryside both in the UK and USA, so luckily don't have as much risk as city people. Thank you all again for the thoughts and prayers for the Brits that have to deal with this tragedy. It is a great country, really.
Old July 11th, 2005, 06:26 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Re: Re: Heartfelt condolensces to England

Yes I also agree with Joto that it is good to know that the average american 'man and woman in the street' is thinking of us Brits at this awful time.

However, I did find watching Fox News a little daunting over the weekend. Having many american friends, they have been calling us up over the weekend to make sure that we are all ok which shows how much they care. However, on Fox TV yesterday they were reporting that us British would not be strong enough to fight this act of terrorism and that we would cower away from it!!!! Is that what is really being reported over there???? If so, believe you me there could be nothing further from the truth.

Unfortunately, for us Brits we have had to endure this sort of thing for years what with teh IRA bombings in the 70s and 80s and I dont believe there is any other nation as strong and stoic as we are to fight against this sort of outrage.

It has to be remembered that we may live in the European part of the planet and therefore be seen as being European, but we believe ourselves to be British first and this small island has always fought for what it believes in.

My husband and I felt quite offended by yesterdays Fox news iem about us not fighting back and just putting up with it. - Please do not believe what is being reported, it just is not true. Just because we did not close the whole country down and go into a state of panic, does not mean that we are not strong and are going to take it lieing down. It is just a fact that we are more used to it and have to take it in our stride and know that it is unfortunately a part of everyday life now anywhere in the world.

Regards to all and thank you all for your kind words and prayers for Britian.

KG
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Admiral

We have a large number of friends who either are from the UK or still live in the UK. It seems that all of them have reported that they are safe. I am very proud of the Brits for their 'stiff upper lip' attitude and bravery in that they will not cower to these terrorists. The Brits have long been known for their courage under adverse conditions and this attack will only harden the resolve of our British allies. We Americans are proud to stand with you in you time of troubles.
Jim

Old July 11th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Admiral

kimmie,

On all of the major news stations here they are interviewing people in London who are back on the tube and the buses. They all say they are not afraid, that they will keep on living their lives as before. IMO, Fox News, isn't "news", it's opinion. No one I know thinks that Brit's are in any way "cowering"!

Please don't believe everything you see on the "news"! We here in the US are all with you at this difficult time, just as you have been with us.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014