Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:08 AM
venice

Default Unexpected Change lead to Adventure

In light of the upcoming hurricane season and the mid cruise itinerary changes that seem to cause some cruisers consternation, did anyone else have the experience I had several years ago when an unplanned island change resulted in a positive new adventure that you were not planning on ?

I was on a southern caribbean cruise on NCL several years ago and we had to cancel a port call and wound up spending an extra evening in Aruba and I loved the night life

Sometimes you make lemonade out of a lemon (or something like that)
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Unexpected Change lead to Adventure

There is a post on the Ask Cruisemates Staff board right now - seems she is on board one of the Voyager Class RCCL ships and they are missing GC and Coz and are being routed instead to Nassau and was asking for suggestions on what to do there. Now, I know Nassau is not as desireable of a port as GC and Coz, this poster seems to have the right attitude!

Old July 8th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Admiral

venice: That is a great attitude to have. I would hope I would be the same way if we encounted a situation on a ship.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 8th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Agreed! A bad day on a cruise ship is a whole lot better than a day at work. Just thank your lucky stars that you are safe and sound.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Admiral

I'm with you eddie..Give me a bad day of cruising rather than a good day at work

Old July 8th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Venice:
I'm with you. A change can always lead to some new adventure or learning experience. When there is nothing you can do about it the best you can do is make the most of it.

BigJohn: As you well know, I am thouroughly addicted to cruising but I can't agree with your statement. "Give me a bad day of cruising rather than a good day at work." I can think of some pretty bad days of cruising and some pretty good days at work.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Happy Camper

We were on an eastern caribbean cruise out of Miami Back in 1994 (the Western itenerary was higher and there were no ships out of New Orleans or Galveston) so anyway we were the last cruise ship out of Miami by radar - raining so hard - hurricane coming... We did Naussau in the rain - still had a great time and got to see the flamingos run around the rink... Did the island tour. Got up in the Crown and Anchor Lounge and watched the crewmen tie everything down in the high wind while we had drinks and then out to sea to St. Thomas - well no way that would work so they made the announcement we were going to caymans and Jamaica instead - HORRAY!!!! Most of the crew were from jamiaca and that meant they got to see family so they were thrilled!!! Well we waved at the Caymans - too many ships rerouted there and very rough but we made Jamaica and had a wonderful time. We got a credit for the next cruise of $500 off and that paid for us to do the same ship again next year in a suite! We've missed islands and had to stay once in Cozumel overnight - oh the hardship! haha Love Cozumel! Everything works for a reason as long as you keep a good attitude.. BUT BRING THE SEA SICK MEDS!!! The Gulf will be churned up and rough... The discounts they used to give they don't now but then again I paid double for that cruise than I would now since prices have come way down.. Debbie
Old July 8th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Admiral

We got to see St. Marteen last year because of a hurricane re-routing. We *did* miss getting to the Western, but St. Marteen was such a treat!

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004