Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default TGIF......and Good Morning too!

Good morning gang and I am so grateful that it is finally Friday.

To those in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico, the Florida Keys and Cuba, I hope you all stay safe in the path of Dennis.

To our friends and close allies in England, I hope today is a better day - my prayers are still with all of you. Stay strong!

Going to be a gorgeous day here in SE Wisconsin - low 80's with dewpoints in the low 60's - not too bad for July in Wisconsin! But, no rain in sight til at least early next week - and despite the rain we had on the 4th we are still considered in a drought and desperately need more rain. The only blessing from this is that mosquitos are very rare so far this summer (and I really like that!)

Have a great day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Admiral

Default Re: TGIF......and Good Morning too!

Good morning, Lisa and all the CM's to follow. I echo Lisa's sentiments.
Yesterday's forecast was that we would have over an inch of rain today and then a nice, dry weekend. Now they are saying a slight chance of a shower today! That is fine with me as I would LOVE to finish painting the outside of our house this weekend.
The pressure is on at work...I have much to accomplish today. I hope you all have a great day and weekend.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 8th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning Lisa and Mary Lou,
Yes, we are sitting here with fingers crossed and knowing the possibilities of what might happen. I do not wish this on anyone! DH bought generator yesterday, boards will be placed this afternoon, DH is out of work at 11. Luckily, everyone takes this seriously. We learned from last year what these monsters can do. It is a nuisance, just one of the facts of living here. Tweety, hang on to d'coot and the puppy. The only good thing is that they move thru quickly. Angela and MichelleP, what is Orlando predicting? Ok, Sue, our prayers are with you and your family! To all the rest of my fellow cruisemates, here we go again. How many days till Nov 1?
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old July 8th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Admiral

A very nice, cool & sunny day on the coast.

Local newspaer headlines: ''U. K. attacks 'barbaric'.

Echoing lyrics from the 60's: ``When will they ever learn, When will they ever learn``.

Bill
Old July 8th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from NH's beautiful Lakes Region. Not the best summer weather today Right now it is overcast and is supposed to be rainy. I will be heading for "camp" in Orange Mass. later to join Lane and Patty for the weekend. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 8th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Is it Friday already? OK, I'll take tomorrow off. <G> We're getting rain here from the remnants of TS Cindy. It's going to be a wet one all day long. I hope everyone stays safe (and somewhat dry) down South in Dennis's path.

There's a bunch of stuff for me to do, so it's off to work I go.

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 8th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: TGIF......and Good Morning too!

Good morning from swfl....Anne I am busy today getting supplies. Yesterday was a successful day as we finally had baby Aidens dad show up at the child support office and he agreed to sign all the paper work! Starting end of next month he is scheduled to pay. We will see if he comes through. But he wanted to see his son and we told him no , until he would sign and show that he will take his part.
Needless to say it was a very stressful afternoon and we got home late. His dad came over and spend some time with him.
Oldest daughter is here and will go home to get her supplies and stay here over the weekend. I just hope the Hurricane will not do too much damage.
I am wondering how this is affecting cruise ships this weekend?

Stay safe.....

Old July 8th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

TGIF and God bless us all over the world.
Old July 8th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida.... Anne, I have a tight hold on 'da Coot' and the pup. Actually we are prepared. Have a generator and will cut the plywood today for the windows. Hopefully we will then just put them away for a later date. Have our radio and battery operated lights and water all bought and stored. If there is more we have to do....well so be it. Guess it's something you learn with experience.

The fence man comes today to give us an estimate. Little does he know that it is almost a done deal. Have to get a fence before school starts. The school bus lets the kids off on our corner and they all then cut thru our property to get to the next street. So before we have no neighbors that are talking to us cause 'da Coot' is mean to their little angels, I will install a fence and eliminate the problem. Will also give the pup a place to run.

Will try to get some pool time in today since we are expecting rain for the next few days. Have a great day everyone and to all of you in the path of the storm, Stay Safe.

Carnival Glory
Old July 8th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
The sun is shining brightly in Avon Park FL. No sign of a storm, YET. Since we are southeast of Tampa, but close to the same coordinates as storm when it passes by, I think we will get some wind and heavy rain/storms starting late this afternoon and into tomorrow. We get a more accurate prediction from the Ft. Myers weather than Tampa.But, for now, it's a beautiful Florida morning.We have supplies but lived through the 3 last year with few, thinking it wouldn't hit our parts once, let alone 3 times!!

Josh, our grandson, has gone home and we have our house back. He is an OK kid, and spent a lot of time on the laptop computer. He even designed a wonderful slide show of his vacation pictures complete with music, captions and music. Saying that, he is a typical 14 year old and has a lot of life experiences coming his way-ready or not!

I was requested to sing a solo at church tomorrow for a funeral--my first request ever. The selection requested is "On Eagle's Wings". I discovered I only have the chorous but not the music to the verses. It's too new for my older musical residents at work to have in their repetoire. I know what the melody is so may have to do the verses "acapulco"-accapella. Unless my accompanist can find it by tomorrow.

Better go--time for work! Have a great and safe day! Lynne

Old July 8th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning From Central Texas. I got knocked off Chat last night, due to the storm that came through. We had maybe ten minutes of rain, but are glad for that.

My heart and prayers go out those in the UK. It just all makes no sense.

For those of you in Florida, and the gulf coast area. We will be watching, and wondering when and where Dennis will hit. You guys, batten down the hatches, and hopefully everything will turn out good.

Today is my oldest son, Joshua's birthday. 18 years ago, I became a mother for the first time. He is such a joy to be around, and now he is a young man. He wants German Choc. cake, and banana ice cream( gives me heart burn to think about it lol) so I am off to the store this morning to get the stuff to make it.

Have a good day friends. Take care and tell someone you love them.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 8th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is a bit cool, but promising to warm up. We've had nice, bearably warm weather this week, after that 2 week heat and humidity wave.
Just a regular work day for me, maybe go out for dinner tonight with DH, since he's on morning shift this week and we actually have an evening together!
Stay safe down there in Florida!

donna

Old July 8th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..Happy Friday to all of you..it's monday for me. I cant help but think of all of you down there in Florida and Alabama...It seems as though you are being picked on again. I know now why I just visit Fla and not move there. Prayers are with each and every one of you in hopes that this thing will either weaken or just turn away. Good Luck and God Bless.

Not much on the agenda for this weekend but working. Enjoy your time off and please stay safe.

Old July 8th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All...

I can't believe we are watching our Florida friends and family prepare for another one. I wonder if this is any indication of what the season will be? As you Southeners post, please keep including where in Florida or gulf coast you are, so us new to the boards get the picture. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I don't think you ever get used to it. I can only Imagine what a p.i.t.a. this really is. Please keep us all posted if you can. The rest of us will be looking for you guys to "check in" as the weekend comes. Be safe.

The weather in Michigan could not be any better. We are preparing for the big baseball event taking place in Detroit. The coast gaurd is stopping all the boats on the Detroit river and inspecting them, since yesterdays events. They have never done that before. Security is very tight.

Have a good weekend everybody.
TBug
9/05- Triumph
Old July 8th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Good Friday morning! We had some rain, thunder, and lightning yesterday. Looks like we may get some more today.

Everyone try and have a great weekend and keep safe!
===========================================
"Kindness is a tool that everyone possesses but some choose to leave it in their tool box. Take it out and use it today."
Author:Teresa A. Vitelli
========

Post Edited (07-08-05 07:51)
Old July 8th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Passed a vehicle on fire on my way to work today. Hope nobody was hurt.

Hope Dennis doesn't mess with anybody's plans this weekend.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 8th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Yeoman

My heart goes out to everyone in London and to those in the path of Dennis. Have as good a day as possible wherever you are.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Yooo Hooo kids,
Today, I am going to have lunch with my oldest friend..we have been pals since I was 11, she was 12...maybe a record We have been through a lot together,so it should be a long lunch Tomorrow we are off to the Cape, to see friends, who were our neighbors when we got married and moved into our first apartment. they had just been married too,so thats 37 yrs now...I see a theme here I should bring kleenex for the laughter and the tears....have a great day

Post Edited (07-08-05 10:13)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 8th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It's a busy week here. Betty has decided that next weekend will be garage sale weekend, therefore we have been sorting things out of the garage and the basement to be sold. I have to hold my tongue because I see much of the stuff and want to put it on a trailer and haul it to the dump but I have said that before and people actually buy it. It just goes to show that one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Today is also the day my tractor will be delivered. I hope it doesn't rain because my yard is in desperate need of mowing. On Wednesday my neighbor offered to bring his golf course mower up to mow my lawn but I declined and said that I wanted to play with my new toy as soon as it came. He understood in a way only another man could.

I also want to give my thoughts to those in Great Britain. I do hope that something positive comes out of this and strengthens our resolve to wipe out this human cancer that has invaded our planet. It has metastasized but we can still stop it but we have to be aggressive but not kill the patient.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Chicago. Hubby and I are here for the weekend with some friends so Anne, can't tell you what Orlando is expecting from the storm. I have high anxiety right now....kids are "home alone" they're 18 and 16 and my brother in law is in town so he'll help keep an eye on things.
Thinking we may be delayed coming home on Sunday.
Angela Z.
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:56 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............no sun as of yet.......but suppose to be nice today.......whatever that means......just starting to rain......yuck!!!

Thinking of all our Florida friends.....stay safe......be carefull.....

Y'all have a great Friday!!!

Sharon

Old July 8th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from Southern California. I just went out to get the paper, and I can tell that it will be a hot day.

Thoughts and payersa go out to the people of London and also to those in Florida.

Off to the gym for us, the home and a quick shower. Then lunch in our fave Mexican restaurant, and then Keith goes to see the neurologist.

Happy Friday and happy sailing to all.

Judy
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:38 AM
First Mate

Good morning CM's. No change in the weather here. Rumor is the Monsoons will begin next week. Sure hope so, we need the rain. To all you in Florida, keep safe and hopefully Dennis will not be that bad.

Prayers are still going out for all of you in the UK. Such a tragedy and senseless.

Grandson is still with us and we are having a good time.

Have a good day and fine weekend.