Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Default Hope this helps with Passports

We went yesterday and applied for our passports.Yiipee!!..What an experience..Here are some of the things I did not have or know but needed..You have to have your Birth cert with the raised seal. You have to know your Mother and Fathers Birth dates and place of births. In some cases you can put, unknown. We went to the Post office and had it all done right there. Pics and all. it was $107.00 each. You will have to have 2 checks though. One will go to the state for background ck and the other goes to postmaster for the passport...Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Re: Hope this helps with Passports

If I could add something to what you have said..... If you have an old passport, no matter how old it is, take it with you. Most of the info you described can be pulled up on the old one. If your company does business internationally, even if you don't travel overseas for the company, the company might pay for your passport. If you have an old passport, and it has been less than 10 years sinse it expired, Carnival will accept it.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:44 AM
AR

Default Re: Re: Hope this helps with Passports

I think it's important to understand that ultimately is not the cruise line that "accepts" or "rejects" a passport (or other form of identification). That's the job of the immigration authorities of the United States and all the other countries that the ship calls at.

Yes, the cruise line may be the first to see the passport, but what they say should simply be a reflection of what the relevant governments require, not their own point of view. So it's misleading to imply that one cruise line may be more "liberal" than another.

Moreover, when it comes to passport requirements, it's very clear that what was true yesterday may well not be true tomorrow. Beginning January 1, you're going to need a valid (that is, NOT expired) passport, period, so everyone needs to get used to that idea and deal with it.
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Admiral

That is good to know. My husband needs to get his passport soon... he's been procrastinating...

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 8th, 2005, 08:36 PM
AR

Default Re: Re: Hope this helps with Passports

I'd get it done now, Michelle. As we get closer to 2006 I have a hunch there will be quite a long wait due to masses of people applying before the new rules kick in.
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I was talking about travel in the next couple of months. I was just relating to what we did a couple of weeks ago.

Please do get your passport, and you won't have to worry about it, and disreguard what I said.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Admiral

I sent in my passport for renewal on May 26 and received the new one on June 30 (I think). Point is, right now, it's a relatively quick process. I strongly advise those of you who need to renew yours or those of you applying for the first time, do it now! As passports are going to be required for foreign travel in another 6 months, everyone is going to be applying later on this year, and I can almost guarantee you that the wait time is going to get long!