Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Default ATLANTA

I know this is not cruise related but I know there are a few NASCAR fans amoung us. Just want to let you know that a tornado spawned from the hurricane, hit the Atlanta Motor Speedway. It has caused over 40 million in damage. I know this is trivial compared to the people who lost homes and poss lives, but, it is just info.

Post Edited (07-10-05 17:14)
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: ATLANTA

BJ - I think I heard about this last night.........what a shame. Wonder if there are any more races scheduled for the speedway this year?

Old July 10th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Lisa..they said they WILL race on Oct 30th...it did 40 million in damage.

Old July 10th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Admiral

NASCAR fans here BJ, and it is quite amazing that they will get the track back in order for the October race. Just goes to show you what money can accomplish.

Carnival Glory
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It was so sad to see this on TV. I have lots of memories of that track, and the 3or4 hours it took to get home to Atlanta. lol Hopefully it will come back, better than ever. I also don't mean to make light of what has happened to people's homes and businesses. Our prayers and thoughts are still with you.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 11th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Admiral

Sometimes the outer bands of the hurricanes can do significant damage because of the tornadoes they spout. Even though the hurricane "officially" hit Pensacola the damage from the storms can reach hundreds of miles around it.

As such, I lost a mirror on the outside of my car from a fallen branch. And there is no point in filing an insurance claim.

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 11th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Admiral

BJ, this actually is the most damage that this hurricane caused anywhere! That tornado was terrable and huge! I have seen many photos of the Speedway and all the condos have been damaged or totally destroyed not to mention all the other building and facilities there. They will suck it up and get it back in shape and go on with the Oct race. Very thanksful that only a couple of people were there and none of them were injuried.
Jim

Old July 13th, 2005, 11:55 AM
GMM

MY WIFE AND I LIVE 20 MINUTES FROM THE TRACK -- I HAVE AN INTERESTING PICTURE IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE ME TO EMAIL TO YOU -- MASINGILLG@KEYSTONE AUTO.COM
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:17 PM
GMM

REGARDING THE PHOTOS I TOOK OF THE ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY - MY CORRESCT EMAIL ADDRESS IS " GMASINGILL@KEYSTONE-AUTO.COM " -- EARNHARDT FANS WILL APPRECIATE THIS