Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Default Glory B Cruise in 2 months!

Hey everyone! It is now two months until our Cruisemates group sails off to the Western Caribbean onboard the CCL Glory! I am thinking that we can set up our own personal chat that will be at 8PM Fridays and last until the regular 9PM chat. Just log into the chat room and we will be there! I would like to discuss with everyone what they want to do and any ideas they might have. This is really a "Group" cruise and we are going to do what the group wants to. I have also been in touch with the CD onboard the Glory, Mark Price, who is aware of us and looking forward to meeting everyone. On the Cruisemates Group page there are instructions on how to download a poster for your door and I recommend that everyone do so and place it on your cabin door. There is also a door decorating contest that we will be looking at on every sea day and the winner will be announced on the last day. That means that each seaday they will be judged and assigned points and the last or third day at sea the winner with the most points will win. That way you can gather new things all the time to improve your door! <G> Use only things you create yourself and none of those store-bought things. <G> Also please be respectful of the steward and used tape that can easily be removed without leaving sticky stuff all over for them to have to clean. We want the stewards and crew to really remember us for all the good reasons.
Now lets here a rollcall and if you want to announce your cabins you may do so but you are under no pressure to do so here on this public board. I am also looking for suggestions! How many are up for a tug-o-war?
Jim

Old July 11th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Re: Glory B Cruise in 2 months!

Tug of War--I would take on the Referee. Don't think it advisable for me to strain at my age. You youngons go for it.

Cabin # 9267--That was it the last time I checked.

Door Decoration--I have the Cruisemate's sign. Will talk to Helen and see what she has to offer. Reckon the door is metal. If it is use magnits. Worked before.

C U all on Fridays about 8PM.

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old July 11th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Laura B and Patty N from Laconia NH checking in. We are currently assigned Cabin #7323 on Empress deck. I will have to put MissPatty to work on the art work for the door. Count me in for the tug o war and I am sure Patty will want to join in too.

Laura and Patty

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 11th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

George and I will be flying in on the 10th from Chicago, O'Hare, hopefully we'll have time to spare...At this point we still plan on taking the Carnival transfer from MCO to the port, so don't let the ship sail without us. The rest of the family that is going are on Sprit Airlines and have an earlier flight, so they should be onboard nice and early, although they have a later flight out at the end of the cruise.

We are in cabin 7442, an aft balcony cabin. Have had a few of these on Royal CAribbean, so I'm hoping this will be simular. My daughter in law just called, and they have been assigned a cabin up on deck 9, so they did well with booking a guarantee.

So far, I've booked the dolphin swim for Cozumel, so that should be a lot of fun, kids did too, so I still have to pick out an excursion or two, or play it by ear when we get there. Lets hope we have wonderful weather, no storms!

See you all in 2 months :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 11th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Donna, you have my cell phone # so if you are running late call and I will stand on the gangway and hold the boat for you. <VBG> Looking forward to see so many old friends again and meeting old friends for the first time too.
Jim

Old July 11th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Glory B Cruise in 2 months!

Thanks Robo,
Will do, but if for some reason our flight is late, we'll just grab a limo or cab, we will get there...

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:43 PM
susancruzs

I know all of you will enjoy the Glory and with all you folks, it is bound to be a great cruise! Donna, I hope all goes well for you this trip, you deserve it! :-)

Susie
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:53 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Hi Jim and all my fellow GloryB cruisers!

I posted my assignment on the Carnival thread but I'll mention it again here....

Assigned to room 9275 on Lido, assuming Carnival doesn't change it that is ;-)

Have a great evening all!

Cathy

Old July 12th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Two months to the Glory cruise means it's also two months until my trip to England... Yippee!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 13th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Familiar Face

Hey Jim! My boyfriend and I will be joining you on this Glory B cruise on Sept.10th! We were assigned room 1426 in the basement! This will be a free cruise for us and we look forward to meeting you all!

PS- This is my first post for this sailing, what have I missed other than a dooor decorating contest? Definately count us in on that one!

Debbie
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Admiral

Hey Deb,
Welcome to the group, looking like we'll have a great bunch of cruisers joining us, glad you are too. Now, tell me, how did you get a "free" cabin?

There was some talk about a tug of war, are you interested in that activity?

Hey Robo,
Any chance we can get a group bridge tour, we always enjoy those?

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 13th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Admiral

If the Capt will allow it! I will talk to Mark the CD and see if he can use any influence to get us one.
Jim

Old July 13th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Admiral

Thanks Robo,
That would be great! Let us know if it's a go, OK?

Message Boards Moderator