Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Misty

Default Frizzy Hair

We are cruising this year in December to the Caribbean. This is my first cruise and here's my question, I have frizzy, curly hair. I keep it straightened most of the time, however, when we swim, my hair returns to it's curly, frizzy state. What can I do to be able to get out of the pool or the ocean after a swim and enjoy the sun without looking like Tina Turner!?
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Frizzy Hair

What's wrong with having hair that looks like Tina Turner ? I would give dearly to have hair like Tina, in fact, I'd give dearly for any hair.

Enjoy your cruise and don't sweat the small stuff.

Bill
Old July 13th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Admiral

there is a great product on the market call Frizz-Ease by John Freida, you can buy it at any drugstore. Its a serum, all you use is a couple of drops in your wet hair, works wonders.
Old July 13th, 2005, 11:02 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Re: Re: Frizzy Hair

Yes I would agree with Lisa that Frizz Ease is great stuff. When I got married in Barbados 5 years ago I had a light perm in my hair a month before we went so that it could be styled exactly the way I wanted for the grand day. However, during the rest of the time I didn't want to be styling my hair all the time, but also didn't want to look as if I had just been 'permed'!!! and that stuff worked wonders.

You can buy all different types of Frizz Ease according to your hair type and it is worth the money....... and as the other poster said when you have dead straight hair like me, it would be great to have natural curly hair.

It's strange that whatever nature bestows on us, we always seem to want the opposite. I have dead straight hair so have to have soft perms put in to give it curl and bounce and my husband and brothers have lovely wavy hair that they are always trying to straighten

The nicest thing about cruising is to get that sea breeze whirlign through your hair - it makes you feel so alive and rejuvinated.

Kind regards,
KG
Old July 13th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Misty

That's great. I will go get some and play around with it....Actually, I do love my curls and I have very long hair. It's just that when it gets wet and air dries or dries in the wind, it's awful!!! And it is actually harder to take care of the curls than to straighten it. Yes- I'm lazy.

Old July 13th, 2005, 01:09 PM
BMK

I have the same kind of hair as you and usually resort to a pony tail when cruising. I have been teased that I look like Monica from Friends when they went to Barbados. Definitely, bring your own blow dryer the ones on the ships are not powerful enough for difficult hair. Enjoy!!
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:26 PM
venice

I don't think tina turner's hair is real (but it looks good anyway)...now if your hair looks like Beyonce's then that's another story..your own a great cruise, go natural and enjoy yourself (coming from a man who has lost most of his hair)
Old July 13th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Hello Misty,
Go on the cruise, and enjoy yourself!! You're there to relax, so don't worry about your hair. Trust me when I say that no one else is going to worry about your hair, and will all be relaxing and enjoying themselves, so you do the same. (Besides, I think that curly hair is sexy!!)
Ken
Old July 13th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I, too, have naturally curly, frizzy hair that I blow out straight on most days. The trick that I use is to have a spray leave-in conditioner (I use Infusium) with you and when you get out o f the pool, spray it in and comb through. My hair still curls, but it really controls the frizz. I also use the Frizz-Ease on a daily basis.

Jodi

Old July 13th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Do like most women do on a cruise - get your hair braided! It's attractive, practical, and easy to care for. Don't forget the sunscreen on your exposed scalp though!
My daughter, who like you, has long, curly, frizzy hair, wore a baseball cap or colourful bandana for mos t of our recent cruise. She only blow dried it straight for formal night!

donna

Old July 13th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Admiral

Um Donna... you forgot to mention the combs need to be in the blue stuff.... and not water with blue food coloring, either. (I've heard they also drop blue markers into water... it's cheaper than food coloring.)

The cruise line might charge you for the extra "passengers" you bring back onboard.....

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008