Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Thursday!!

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Looks like a cloudy but very warm day in NH's Lakes Region. Lots of visitors in the area this week with Nascar races at Loudon. Have a great day CruiseMates..................stay cool.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning Thursday!!

Good morning Laura and all the CM's to follow. Another dreary, rainy day in the "Burgh". I do not think we will ever be able to finish our outside painting! Busy day here at work today.
I'd better get started. I hope you all have a lovely day!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 14th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where "they're" predicting the afternoon storms will start early. Having brother in law and his wife over for a cookout tonight....hope storms are done by then.
Angela Z.

Old July 14th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Yoo Kids,
Although, there is no sun now, I am thinking a hot and humid day..At least that's what was promised A Drs.appointment and errands, and then home, jiggity jig!
You have a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 14th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning. Rained all night here. I have been busy teaching all week but I am off tomorrow!! Everyone have a super Thursday.
=================================================
Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not. ~~ Oprah Winfrey (1954 - )

Old July 14th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a hazy morning here in the Finger Lakes region of New York, where I can stare at the sun without burning out my retinas. DW & I have been talking about a little summer vacation cruise, but we haven't decided where it will be. I think she's leaning towards Bermuda. It's only about a 4 hour drive to Philly where we can board Celebrity's Horizon. What do you think? Should we do it? <G> Stay tuned!

It's a shame the shuttle didn't lift off, but it's better to be safe than sorry. As an electrician, those intermittent problems always bother me the most. So even the best of them have a hard time solving that type of fault. Hopefully, they get it fixed soon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 14th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Jen Young

Good Morning All,

The sun is struggling to poke thru the cloud cover - it will be a triple H day here for sure.
That's ok with me. I'm trying to soak in as much nice weather as possible to tide me thru the long dark New England winter.

Off to work for a bit, then home to pick up this house (how does mess accumulate so fast?) as the ladies will be coming for Bible Study this afternoon. My husband and son made beef jerky yesterday for a short hiking trip my son and two of the men from church will be going on this weekend - they leave tomorrow - they will be hiking part of the Long Trail. Of course they didn't have time to clean the meat slicer of the dehydrator and I can't leave it for them as the ladies will be here...they act all innocent, but I think they planned it this way on purpose. As it was they didn't start dehydrating until so late that I had to get up periodically thru the night to switch the trays around as the dehydrater doesn't do that good of a job unless you help it along. It was a short night. At least no bad dreams.

Ed -- go for the cruise - if you have the time and money. I think your knee deserves the extra rest and relaxation that the cruise will require.

ML - sorry about your painting

Hoping you all have at least one very bright, special moment at some point today. Keep your eye out for a blessing in disguise.

VTJen
Old July 14th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning Thursday!!

Good morning from swfl....lots of stress here. Sometimes I think I just can't go on anymore and feel like quitting. I am very close, the closest I have ever been. I love my family but I am just so burned out. I was 20 when I married now I am 43. I am burned out with my kids and all the stuff that comes with it. I wonder if they would notice a void if I would be no more?

Anyway, sorry to vent. This morning I am bringing oldest to the doctors and I am taking Aiden. We took him to the doctor yesterday since he had a high fever. But they are telling us it might be viral. Whatever, just hope he is better. I am also researching a lawn company to come do our property once a week. Not sure what they would charge.

Where is help when you need it? Nowhere ....

Old July 14th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody,
Short and sweet! The sun is shining, it's going to be another hot one in Avon Park,FL with storms later. We had a doozy last night.
I'm off to get the donuts for work. Some routines never quit!! Bye-and have a serenely wonderful day. Lynne

Old July 14th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Sue, help is right here, and you've already found it. Vent all you want, we are here to listen, and feel free to e-mail me if you want. I am going through a rough spot at work and it's hard. If it's not work, then it's one or another of my family. Life is tough, but we are tougher - hang in there!

Meanwhile, I will report that the weather is still hot and humid here in Montreal. I have no idea what the forecast is for today, because I stayed up late discussing work problems with my hubby when he got home, and I missed the news and weather!
All I know, is that I am feeling very tired and discouraged, but we must soldier on and be "up" for the kids' sake.

Tonight I am attending a special Memorial Service sponsored by the Palliative Care Residence where my mom spent her last days. I'm sure it will be a "downer" and very emotional, but then again, a good cry may help, and hopefully, heal some of these emotions.

donna

Old July 14th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Yeoman

Happy Thursday everyone. It's another hot, humid crazy day today. Our grass looks like straw. We could really use some rain if someone wants to send us some.
Have a great day all,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old July 14th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Hey!!!Look at me...NO HANDS....I am still here and kicking for another day. We are going to be bought out. It is a good company but still unsure of "my" status due to my type of job in the organization. I am not fretting over this. I have already ckd and have had 2 other (not as goo)offers. In my position, I am not choosy though. SO no matter what happens, it looks like I am going to have some where to go. I feel all those prayers and I am blown away at all the responses (really I am not surprised>G<)THANKS A MILLION...This deal is still not a done deal. I will keep you all posted..As I said before. I am not going anywhere but I may just be MIA for a bit..

Hope you all have a wonderful blessed and safe day.

Old July 14th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Hi everyone! Another busy day for me, but today's the last day of the workweek! Tomorrow we're going to Disney World, going to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and going to our nephew's birthday party!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 14th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is still shining on the Calgary Stampede... with temps in the 80sF. Had a short shower last night, and some rain predicted for the weekend.

Yesterday was a good day in the bar. Lots of revelers having a good time... and thankfully so far no breakdowns, either mechanical or personell wise <G>

Off to my Dr. appointment this morning to finally get a "measure" of how my dieting has impacted my "body stats". If he tells me I need to lost more weight, I could be over the desk at him.

Old July 14th, 2005, 09:29 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........sun is shining & 70's for the rest of the week.....all is good......

Hang in there John......we're pulling for ya......<S>

Y'all have a great Thursday!!!!

Sharon

Old July 14th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Its the 3 H's for us here in Mass - Hazy, Hot & Humid, prediciting late afternoon T-storms
Today is DH's birthday, will stop by the store after work and pick up a little cake.
Old July 14th, 2005, 11:36 AM
CruisinK&J

Good morning from Southern California. Another really hot one. Bad for the firefighters.

Keith has an urge for pancakes, so we decided to go out for breakfast. After that, ironing and exercises.

BJ, keep pluggin'.
Sue, hang in there.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old July 14th, 2005, 11:56 AM
DENISE H

good moring cruisemates another sunney and hot day here in mpls and no rain in
sight the grass is realy brown wishing for snow i think the heat is geting to me hope
you all havfe a good day
Old July 14th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Admiral

well... its technically NOT morning anymore... but have a good day anyways !

Sue - I can relate to alot of what you said... If you want to talk more, feel free to email me... we can vent together....

John... looks like you are Mr Popular... take the best deal !

See Ya !
Steph