Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Saturday Morning......

Good morning gang! Bracing for tomorrow when it is supposed to be in the mid 90's with dew points in the mid 70's......................today should be just a tad better................would someone please remind me why I live in Wisconsin?

Well, the cat is settling in.........I guess I must have missed his "manic" periods because I was at work in the afternoon and evenings most of last week, but boy, that little cat can really move! He follows you all around and he is faster than lightning......and he is just learning to retract his claws and to not bite when playing. But, the dog got the upper hand tonight - good for my Gusto! The cat ran from him and hid behind me for more than half an hour......shows him who is the boss here!

No rain in the forecast and we desperately need it.........hoping we get some on Sunday night and Monday.

Have a great day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Good Saturday Morning......

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Another hot one for NH's beautiful Lakes Region. Nascar weekend at Loudon. Lots of visitors in the area this weekend. I thought there was going to be a chat at 8:00 last night for the Glory B cruisers. I went to the chat room and no one was there. I waited a while but no one came. Fed ex showed up here yesterday, for a moment I was excited thinking the cruise docs showed up way early. Not to be, it was a package for Lane. Work for me today. Have a great day all.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 16th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Admiral

good morning from a very restless night.The cat woke me up a million times, my dh is snoring and I have heartburn from lobster bisque I ate last night.It will be a lovely day
Today is the big shopping day and too be honest I don't feel like going. Yesterday I bought a Little Tikes toy box at a yard sale in excellent condition for only $2!!!! Plus I picked up a high chair for our house that can be strapped on the chair.
Trip maybe we should get together and shop for our Aidens?:>
My airconditioning unit for my car was finally picked up and I am hoping it will get installed soooonnnn.
Every one have a nice day

Old July 16th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Sue,I am leaving for the airport now, get the spare room ready,and we can rock the malls Since my day at sea has been canceled, I figure I will clean in the morning before it gets too hot, and bead the rest of the day, with a chapter of my book, thrown in here and there, sound good? Okay, it's back to bed for me..Have a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 16th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Admiral

Morning all from hot and humid Fla.

I came home early last night from the biz so I could go to sleep early and get up early enough to sort out my retirement options before I had to go to the restaurant. So that's what I'm doing after I get my fix of the boards.

I don't know when I'll ever get enough time to get the house in shape to put it on the market. I was expecting to have it done this summer but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Sigh!

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 16th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning,
Looks like the Fl. contingent is up! Sue and Laura, my cats are bonkers lately too!. Am up waiting for the coffee to be done. muggy here too in St Pete. Had lots of downpours last night. Lawn is definately in need of a mow. Guess that's on the list of to-do's today. Have a good one
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old July 16th, 2005, 05:24 AM
First Mate

Morning Mates-

WOW can't believe I am up this early on a Sat. but we are going on a whale watch. It is already humid in southern NH.

Have a great day all.

Carnival Miracle
Old July 16th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates. Beautiful sunny day on the coast.

Nothing positive or interesting on our local newspaper front page.

Going to a big, all you can eat, lobster party this afternoon.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old July 16th, 2005, 06:24 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

It is cool this morning. The dog (who was wide awake very early) and I took a lovely walk up the hill and into the woods and field. The sun was filtering thru the trees and the birdsong filled the air with a jaunty lilt. On the way down the hill I get a wonderful view across town and up into the Hills - the morning mists and fogs against the green hills - was a beautiful sight.

My son went on a hike yesterday and is camping out someplace on the Long Train (I believe they started at the Canadian Border to hike south). I hope he is having a blast. He went with a friend and two men from Church. It is a nice break from his girlfriend. I just am having such a hard time watching a bright, beautiful girl spriral downward because she has had such poor parenting. She met with the Pastor yesterday - and seemed much better. Then she just disappeared. Her younger sister called our house looking for her. She was waiting because Amie was supposed to bring her out to get something to eat (remember the father won't buy them groceries). I told her I'd last seen Amie at 2:15 she was head to a Dr. appointment, then the bank and wanted to be home by 4 - at 11 p.m. there was still no sign of her. Her father and girlfriend finally went home - but they had no concern about her whereabouts. I just can't believe she would leave her sister hanging like that and not get her food or even call her. She only a couple of friends and didn't appear to be there. I'm nervous about her well being - but what can I do? Hoping to hear something soon. We have plans for me to take her grocery shopping today. An earlier Dr. appointment revealed this week that she has high blood pressure and her sugar is high - both because of her poor eating. When she does eat, it is often something with a lot of carbs or sugar. I feed her when ever she is here and send stuff home with her, but now I'm taking her to the store and stocking her up on lots of well balanced - easy to eat stuff.

Oh, well I'm going to try and keep focused on happier things, as if I don't my day will completely ruined. I still have tons to do here as I didn't get out of work as early as I'd hoped and by the time I got home I was so exhausted that I was unable to perform a single task - and of course my husband got called out because a tree was burning on a line in some remote place.

Lots to do today. My daughter's boyfriend is flying in from Tennesee on Monday - and he is a clean freak, so I must try and make this old house look presentable - a task that will not be easily done.

Hoping everyone has a great day,
VTJen
Old July 16th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I am up early even though I went to bed very late, after standing in line for over 2 hours at Chapters for my pre-ordered copy of Harry Potter!
I was only able to stay awake long enough to read one chapter last night, but that's definately on the agenda for today!
The weather looks great today, hot and sunny, so maybe "Harry" and I will hang out by my sister's pool!
Must go get dressed, I have a Pilates class this morning. Have a great day all!

donna

Old July 16th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida. Sun is shining and the temps are rising. Fence is up, pup has been to the groomers, lawn is cut so today is just a relax and do nothing day. (Notice I'm ignoring the boxes that need to be unpacked) Look out pool here we come.

Can't believe you are all up so early on a Saturday morning. I actually slept in till 7:10 this morning.

Worrying about daughter and SIL and granddaughter. They are on a plane on the way to Cancun for a weeks land vacation at an All Inclusive Resort. They are just about a day ahead of Emily. Think I would have rather they not go, but that was not to be.

We are now at 95 days and counting till we leave for Rome. DD's are a wonderful thing.

Hope you all have a great Saturday. Enjoy.

Post Edited (07-16-05 08:00)

Carnival Glory
Old July 16th, 2005, 08:22 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........no sun yet this morning......might rain, but then nice next week......sun & 70's-80's......

Godd idea tweety......take a day off & relax........<S>

I'm sure all will be ok in Cancun..........

Y'all have a great Saturday...........

Sharon

Old July 16th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Yeoman

Happy Saturday all. We could really use some rain to make the grass happy. It's looking very sad. It's going to another hot, humid one today. We had girls' night in my sister's pool last night. My DD, DIL, and sister & I. No men allowed! It was a really nice time and was so refreshing. I think we'll have to make it a nightly ritual.
Everyone have a great day!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old July 16th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!! It figures!! Just had to happen!! Weather in Calgary has been beautiful all week ... while I've had to work.

Off today, and planning to golf, and have Mrs Kuki and "the girls" come out to the golf club for dinner afterwards. And we wake up to rain

Instead it looks like it'll be brunch with my father, and an afternoon in front of the TV watching baseball, and the British Open.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 16th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from Redondo Beach, CA!

I worked until 11:00 a.m. yesterday, then took off for the airport to fly over here to spend the weekend with my daughter. What a change from the 114 degree high in Phoenix! I don't know what it was here, but it felt nice and cool to me.

We had an appointment at one bridal store for Sarah to try on wedding dresses yesterday and we're going to another one this morning. Then this afternoon she is treating me to a spa treatment and aroma therapy massage at a nearby day spa to celebrate my birthday, which was yesterday.

Tomorrow I head home mid-day so that I can spend the afternoon and evening with Jose.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

Old July 16th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

The sun has disappeared here in upstate NY, where the rain is supposed to be coming. I was thinking about driving to Binghamton to watch the third round of the BC Open, but the weather is not going to cooperate so I think I'll stay home.

I think I'm going to Sam's Club to buy an AC unit for the living room. We've been using the spare bedroom unit here, but it's not big enough to efficiently cool the larger room. So it's off to spend more money.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 16th, 2005, 10:13 AM
CruisinK&J

Good morning from Southern California. It's still overcast, but the forcasts predict even hotter temps for the next few days, especially M, T, and W.

Nothing in particular planned here except laundry. The coffee smells good. I have to go get Keith up so he can go for a walk while it's still cool.

Have a nice Saturday, everyone.

Judy
Old July 16th, 2005, 11:29 AM
DENISE H

good moring 8th day of sunney and 90 degress here in mpls hope you have a great day