Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2005, 09:37 AM
venice

Default Next Generation Cruise Ship Cabins

if CM was a focus group and we were asked by cruise ship designers, for our input into the next generation cruise ship cabin, what new feature would you like to see standard in your cabin ? I"ll start

an interactive flat screen that you can order your dinner menu from your room while you are getting dress so wnen you arrive at your table your drink and appetizers are already there..also the ship photographer can e-mail to your tv screen the pictures he/she has taken and you can select and print on the in-cabin build in printer..no more having to search in the photo gallery to find your pictures and stand in line to pay for them

a computer chip that is built into your S&S card, so you can tell your room steward what time he/she can clean your room and your room steward can tell you when they are done or when all of your luggage has arrived..of course it could also serve as an alert when your child is trying to charge something to your S&S card that you don't know about (or your spouse as far as that is concern)
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Next Generation Cruise Ship Cabins

Nice question.
Unfortunatley I am not able to answer it but am looking forward to those that can!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old July 16th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

A ceiling fan would be nice.

Jodi

Old July 16th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I would go for the interactive "FLAT PANEL" or plasma screen TV's. The flat screen TV's are nothing to be bragging about. They are just the standard TV of today.

I would like to see beds that sit two inches higher off the floor to make it easier to store luggage without having to lift the bed. Softer beds and bedding would also be a nice touch and I think the cruise lines have been listening and changing their beds.

I would also prefer to have more cabins with seating area next to the entry instead of the bed. This way the room service person does not have to pass by the bed to sit the order on the table.

Also, I will take a larger bath area at anytime. Otherwise I think they do a fairly good job of incorporating efficiency into a small space.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 16th, 2005, 05:22 PM
venice

I just thought of another idea..internet capability on your inter active flat panel tv, that if you had a gripe/problem...it would tell you which person on the ship is responsible for that area..send them an e-mail with a 2-8 hour response time and if they do not respond by e-mail as to how they will resolve it, the e-mail is forwarded to the cruise home office and a copy goes to your travel agent, your home computer and your attorney (well, maybe not to your attorney( VBG)
Old July 16th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Captain

Let's go back to that interactive TV. What if there was a map of the ship on the tv and you could touch any public area to see what is going on right now and if you want to join the fun or just sit in your cabin and watch your toe nails grow.

ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old July 17th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Love the flat panel or plasma interactive tv idea....also would like a bit of a bigger shower! HIgher beds, firmer pillows..........better climate controls, white noise machines, internet access. Also have the room service menu on the interactive tv - so all you have to do is make a selection and send it down to room service!

Old July 17th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Admiral

A keg of beer in every cabin, served by a lovely scantily-clad attendant, 24 hours a day.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008