CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (
-   -   Notarized letters of permission (

Angela Z. July 16th, 2005 05:52 PM

Notarized letters of permission
So, our anniversary cruise has turned into a bit of a group since our son is bringing his friend (15) and our daughter is bringing her boyfriend (19).
I know that we need a notarized letter of permission for the 15 year old friend but now I've gotten to wondering whether we'll need one for the 19 year old? (My inclination is no, but then again I don't want to be the family standing there at the pier saying "what do you mean we need his parents permission") I guess to be on the safe side we should just have his parents do one.
I'll ask our travel agent on Monday but was interested to see what the mates think!
Angela Z.

Post Edited (07-16-05 17:52)

Donna July 16th, 2005 06:25 PM

Re: Notarized letters of permission
I honestly don't think you'd need one for the 19 year old, but just in case I'd ask the parents for one anyway, better safe than sorry. If he was 21, then I'm sure there would be no problem.

Jim Bragg July 16th, 2005 11:57 PM

Re: Notarized letters of permission
He is an adult and just needs the same documents as you do.

rollerdonna July 17th, 2005 08:54 AM

Re: Notarized letters of permission
We brought daughter's boyfriend, who turned 21 the 2nd day onboard, and didn't need any documentation other than his passport. However, Customs at the airport did question why we were 5 people travelling together "as a family" when we all had different last names. ( in Quebec, women use their maiden names on all legal documents; then my husband's name, my kids have my ex-husband's name, and the boyfirend of course, has another name.) I would definately bring a letter from the younger teen's parents though.
Have a great time!


LisaK July 18th, 2005 09:01 AM

Re: Notarized letters of permission
chances are you won't need it for the 19 yr old, but i would have it just in case. What you do need to get is a signed letter from the parents giving you permission to seek medical attention for their children should they not be able to give consent. This letter does not need to be notarized, just signed by the parents, make sure the kids have their medical cards with them.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1