Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:30 PM
Joyful

Default Free Cruise (sort of)

I have a friend who is a Pampered Chef consultant, director, etc, One of their incentives for next year is either a cruise or a trip to Austria. She knows how much I LOVE to cruise, and is trying to decide between the two trips, but will be taking me if she decides on the cruise. Of couse I am trying to convince her that a cruise would be a fun friend-thing to do. She has cruised (once), and I have cruised, but not together. Her husband is not interested in going either place.

The trip is in March or April on the Navigator of the Seas. I am trying to stay calm and not be too over-the-top with my reasons why a cruise would be the better choice (maybe you all could help me come up with a "Top Ten Reasons....list!). Her son (12 year old) is at the top of the list to go with her to Austria, if that is her decision. But then if he is not on Spring break, she would have to take him out of school.

She is a dear sweet friend, and I love her to death (and hope she reads this....)! I will keep you all posted. Otherwise, it will probably be a few years before I will see another cruise ship.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thanks. Have a great week-end all!

Joyf
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
venice

Default Re: Free Cruise (sort of)

why not meet her half way ,( if she cannot take her child out of school), take the Austria trip and while you are over there do a short (3-6 day) river barge cruise in Europe ..this way you get the best of both worlds (since I assume the air fare to Europe is included) at only an incremental cost of the cruise (the air fare is 1/2 the problem when cruising in Europe)...You can always take a caribbean cruise but may not always have the opportunity to see Austria (which is breath taking) and Europe in the spring

good luck
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Admiral

As much as I love cruising I would go for the Austria trip at the drop of the hat.
Jim

Old July 22nd, 2005, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I would go to Austria too. I have done both, and cruising is great, but Austria is unbelievable.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:23 PM
First Mate

Sorry, I have to agree. Austria gets my vote! Also, sorry, but there is nothing better than quality time for you and your children/child. Tell her to take him out of school, what a better learning experience. Give her your blessing and tell them to have a nice time.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 07:59 AM
SarahJ

Austria also gets my vote. Also, most teachers would recognize that a trip to Austria is a trip of a lifetime and an excellent learning experience and would allow the student to miss school.

There really is no comparison here. I would suggest she picks Austria.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:11 AM
Admiral

As much as I love traveling in Europe, I love cruising more. I do however agree that "quality time" with the son is very, very important. Having said that, I'd still go on the cruise. Less stress, less stress, and less stress, and unless I misread your post, you only get to go if it's a cruise! Good luck Joyful, and I hope you enjoy the cruise!
See you aboard,
Ken
Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Admiral

I too would choose Austria. The beer there is better than on the ship.

Regards,
Thomas