Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2005, 04:15 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly
Default Itís a Heat Wave, a Tropical Heat Wave

My a/c is running, running, running. AOL is showing 102 with a heat index of 108. I live just north of chicago (1 mile) and 4.5 miles west of Lake Michigan. Have not gone out today. Do NOT plan to. Been on the net checking stuff like air, car, hotel for my 11/27 cruise and DDs honeymoon cruise 12/18. Also doing a bit of cleaning/cooking.

It is supposed to "drop" to a high of 92 on Mon and I have a vacation day shopping trip planned w/ youngest DD, an hour drive away.

For all of you in metro Detroit & NY this is probably what you can expect in the next 12-48 hours. The weather patterns have run that way for many years.
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2005, 07:51 PM
susancruzs

Default Re: Itís a Heat Wave, a Tropical Heat Wave

I'm with you, here in Park City, about 11 miles from the Wisconsin line and 2 miles from Lake Michigan. This is one of those days that "cooler near the lake" isn't helping! :-)

I've pretty much hung out by the house today, too!

Susie
Old July 25th, 2005, 05:17 PM
sailing gal

Default Re: Itís a Heat Wave, a Tropical Heat Wave

Hi,
I live in NY and remember when my sister lived in MI. I remember getting the same weather as her. Thanks for the warning.
K