Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Who owns RCL and/or CCL stock

Are you aware if you own RCL or Carnival stock you might be entitled to ship board credit. 100 shares minimum of stock must be held.

Depending on the number of nights you cruise you can get up to $250.00 ship board credit with RCL and Celebrity (excludes Celebrity Xpeditions).

Carnival varies and is less but what the heck, better than nothing.
This also goes along with the other companies Carnival has under the corporate umbrella, as HAL.

You need your booking number, sailing date, ship, room number, loyalty #, and proof of stock held as proxy card or current brokerage statement. Of course your name and address with e-mail address.

To be honest right now would not be a good time to buy. The stock is stable but really no gains at present. We bought both these stocks over 4 years ago for investment only to find out that the investors credit was available. RCL advertises the fact on their web site, Carnival does not.

Buying now for just the ship board credit and then selling as short term you would lose in the long run (taxes will kill you). Long term is much better if you feel the stock would benefit your portfolio and gains will be substantial. Always invest carefully and do the research.

Sea of Cortez on Ryndam 9-28-2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Vancouver Alaska Los Angeles, Sept 16, 2006 on Summit

Post Edited (07-26-05 03:40)

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Who owns RCL and/or CCL stock

I'm a proud ownder of some RCL stock and do take advantage of the $100 shipboard credit, it certainly is a nice perk.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Admiral

I didn't know that. I am looking into the world of investments for the first time, and I will keep that info in mind. Thanks Steve.

donna

Old July 26th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Happy Camper

We've been taking the discounts on Carnival for many years. They used to tell you about it in the stock holder info they sent each year. Now they don't mention it but when I called before my last cruise it was no problem to have it applied. Matter of fact they have been offering it a lot longer than RCL. RCL has just come on the band wagon in the last few years. It really helps when you cruise every year!!! Dividends aren't bad either!!! Debbie
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:48 AM
David Starkey

Owned shares in both companies(on and off) for over 20 years.
Currently own just RCL(and yes we used the discount(credit) two weeks ago)
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I own NO stock, but got a $300.00 shipboard credit on HAL, by using a Platinum Amex, plus a free dinner in an alternative restaurant, and a botlte of champagne.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator