Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Tuesday!

Good Morning CruiseMates from NH's beautiful Lakes Region. It is going to be hot and humid here today. I guess I will be over to the park to stay cool in the lake and relax in the shade. Sort of nice to have my days off during the week. I got out my suitcase yesterday. I am going to try to repair the damage done by the airline last trip. They bent the strut that supports the wheels. I was thinking of straightening it as best I can and reinforcing it with a piece of rebar. I hate to have to buy another new suitcase. I bought that and only have used it once. Today I will brave the gloomy attic and get out Patty's luggage. It is time to start sorting out the clothes we will take. Have a great dayCruiseMates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning Tuesday!

Morning all from chilly Florida, where today you better bring along an extra sweater because the low's are in the 90's tonight.

I awoke from a wierd dream so I thought I'd get on the boards to see what I missed from yesterday. Oh, well, not much.....................

I sorta dropped a hint to the Mrs. yesterday by telling her I needed a cruise and asked her "why don't we take a drive down to the ports and catch a short one in a couple of weeks?" to which she replied: "If I can have a few days off I'd rather spend it here at the house cleaning the bathrooms."

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 26th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Good morning to all.
Hot here also, but the temps are coming down..

Cruznut2 (Laura) we always buy our luggage through a market place (flea market if you want to call it that). The luggage are considered seconds. They might have a different color wheel on each end or a zipper pull slightly bent. Never paid more than $45.00 for a large piece that the airlines consider OK and not over sized. Not even worth the trouble to get it fixed. We still have some from the market place that are 6 years old and still going strong.

You can also go to overstocked.com and see what might be available.

About every three years we have to replace one piece of luggage through rough handling and my own bumbling. We just use that piece of damaged luggage to pack donations to local orphanages packed with goodies and leave it.

Our next cruise we have a port stop in Puerto Vallarta, we will be bringing an old suitcase filled with needed donations.

Sea of Cortez on Ryndam 9-28-2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Vancouver – Alaska – Los Angeles, Sept 16, 2006 on Summit

Old July 26th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Admiral

Hi Y2C!! I was at a flea market , Riatta Ranch in Hubbardston Ma. last summer. I saw lots of places selling great luggage at $25.00 for the large piece. I kick myself now that I did not get one then. If I get down there again this summer I will be sure to get at least one. What a kind and thoughtful thing to do, dropping donations at an orphanage. They surely can use the help.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 26th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Ohio. It is going to another hot day here, yesterday with the heat index was 116!!!! I stayed in the air. Hope everyone has a good day. We are suppose to get rain here then it is suppose to cool us down. Yeah!!!

All my luggage came from the flea market, can't beat it.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! I must have slept in!!!! It is going to be another HOT one in the "Burgh". With the heat index yesterday it felt like 106 degrees. Much too hot for those who work outside or for the elderly. Thomas.....what are you going to do with Mrs. Thomas? Surely, she jests!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Our docs came yesterday.....yay......much rejoicing!!
It's going to be another blistering day and sadly I have to work so no pool floating today.
Shuttle should launch today.
Angela Z.

Old July 26th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Going to be a HHM* day in NYC today. Working early overtime this week to keep my head above the water as this is our busy season. My boss, the bloodbeast ,was giving one of my co-workers a crock over taking two weeks vacation during "this busy season." However guess who is checking out on vacation for the next two weeks???? I work at Hypocracy are Us!!!
Everyone have a great day!!!

*Hot, Humid and Miserable

Post Edited (07-26-05 05:43)

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

The electricity stayed on the entire night so it was nice and comfortable in the house. I just seem to need more sleep now than when I was a young pup, therefore, the A/C needs to be on in our airflow-challenged house.

It's going to be in the mid 90's today, so maybe I'll put off mowing the weeds in the lawn for another day.

Thomas--your DW has a strange sense of humor.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning All,
Laura, (CruzNut2), check LLBean in Concord. They have awesome deals on their luggage at times. Also, check out your local thrif shops soon as the "summer" people will be leaving and donating stuff . I also found some great deals at Building 19 in Manchester (if it's still there). Thomas, shame on you! I suggest you surprise Mrs Thomas with a toilet brush and a trip. (VBG). Am off to the Zoo today with a passle of kids. told youngest's camp he wouldn't be there today because of Zoo trip and they decided "Field Trip" so now we have 9 kids between 2 adults and 2 cars. Will be lots of fun because they are all 5 and older and 4 have been together since they were 2. It's about 78 here in St Pete. Supposed to be 92. To all of you up North, do like we do, drink lots (and I do mean lots) of water, wear a hat and stay inside at the hotest times.
Stay cool
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Hi Anne, I also joined freecycle.org It is a place where you can go and join and choose to be on the list(s) in your area. It is people offering items for free. I have seen some amazing things on the lists I belong to. It costs nothing to join and no one charges anything for the items offered. I saw a news article about it on tv and checked it out.

Laura

---Mark Twain

Old July 26th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning Tuesday!

Good morning from muggy swfl.Today we will have the shuttle launch if all goes well. I am sure I will see it in the sky. My cat woke me up and now he is sleeping on my lap!
I have my own countdown here..2 more nights and I am off to the Spa for some pampering.I will be back saturday LATE <> afternoon. My dh has planned all sorts of stuff around the house such as rug cleaning,pool deck cleaning etc etc. Good for him! In 2 weeks we are in Orlando and by the end of that month I am going to Discovery Cove..can't wait.
Everyone have a great day and stay cool!

Old July 26th, 2005, 07:16 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

I've been AWOL for about 9 days. Had company - daughters boyfriend. Our guest room is also the office (sofa bed) - so I wasn't really able to spend much time at the computer - just enough to delete all those junk emails. Have tried to catch up on the Boards this morning. Also - have just busy trying to keep up with life. This week will be no different. I'm exhausted.

Last week (while entertaining the boyfriend) we went to Canada to eat at St. Huberts - thought of all you Canadian Cruisemates. Also went on a Moose Hunt on Saturday night - all sorts of great moose spotting sights about 45 minutes from our house. We saw 5 - two were babies - it was great. The boyfriend liked them. Thought of you Kuki - surely they were some of your distant realatives. Sunday was daughter B'day party - which always takes lots of work. Yesterday back to the airport with a trip to Stowe first - checked out the Cidar Mill, Cabot Cheese Outlet, and went to Ben & Jerry's for the tour and samples. A full day. Try to get back in the routine today. Lots to do at work. Pastor and his wife flew to Florida on Sunday. His father is in failing health (92) and can no longer drive. He gave his Volvo to his son (our Pastor). They will be driving it back this week - so I have to hold down the fort - so to speak at church, and take care of their garden and plants, etc.. while they are gone. There is always plenty to do.

Phyll - glad you all survived the lightning - we had a similar thing happen to us this year it blew out our home theater system (dvd, player and speakers) yet nothing happened to the tv or vcr or cable box that were all plugged into the same surge protector.

As to the shoe/cruise question - about 5 pairs, husband -4.

As to the famous person question - no one for me - but my sister and Cyndi Lauper attended the same college for awhile.

Steph - glad you got your tooth taken care of!
Sue - glad to hear you have something fun to look forward to.
BW - sounds like a nice weekend with your granddaughters
Jennifer - hope Jose has a nice visit with the family
K&J - glad to hear Keith is continuing to make progress!
RD - sounds like you had a nice weekend as well! Have things calmed down at work?
Have you posted a picture of your new bedroom wall color yet?

Have a Great Day All
VTJen
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone. Another late night, sitting up talking and watching tv. I am so tired. It is wonderful seeing Michael and Ashley having so much fun together. They went out yesterday and spent most of day just being together and having fun. Everyone have a super Tuesday!

Old July 26th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy WI. The cool front is expected to move through in just a few hours, and I'm looking forward to turning off the AC and opening up the windows!!!!!

Jen, I'm glad to see you back and posting. I was starting to get a little worried about you, but am glad you've been busy doing fun things.

Angela, congratulations on getting your docs.

Take care everyone and stay out of the heat.

Phyll

Old July 26th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates, from sunny Orlando. Another day at the grindstone. Hope everyone has a good one.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 26th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it continues hot and humid, but with a nice breeze thrown in today. We are expecting thunderstorms by late afternoon - just in time for me to have to walk to and from the train on the way home!
Work is quiet, no news about the incident, but now there is the new question about the qualifications of some of the staff - the gov't is being very nosy and very picky for some reason. Meanwhile, those few of us still working for the summer, are just hanging in and getting on with the job.
VTJen, nice to see you back, was wondering where you had got to! You came to Canada and didn't come visit? <VBG>
Sue, you have lots to look forward to!
Anne, the zoo sounds fun, but not in that heat!
Thomas, Mrs. Thomas - surely she jests?
Y2C, nice idea about the orphanage donations.
Laura, packing already? I see the excitement is getting to you!

As for the paint colour, no I haven't had a chance to take any pics yet, and I'm not finished with the decorating yet either. Can't find what I want!

donna

Old July 26th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Beautiful summer weather continuing in Calgary. Temps in the 80s F.

Off to work shortly, though this week has been very quiet... with everyone recovering from last week's Calgary Stampede.

Kuki Jr is back from his time off, so maybe by Thurs. I can sneak out for a mid week golf game. Just 3 weeks left for me to abuse him until he leaves for school.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:14 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............sun is shinning....80's for most of the week....

Y'all have a great Tuesday

Sharon

Old July 26th, 2005, 10:18 AM
CruisinK&J

Good morning from Southern California where the humidity has taken the day off. We're told it will be back, however.

After I ran a bunch of errands yesterday, Keith and I spent the afternoon at the lake. We took a picnic lunch and enjoyed the nice breeze off the lake. We bought a couple of those canvas chairs with a place to put your drink in the arm. Got a pair for $16.

Luggage? Years ago, we bought the good stuff which we still use. Also, there are stores here called Tuesday Mornings which sell merchandise at a discount. The first time we went to Euope, we bought two pieces of very large bags on wheels for under $100 for the two.

Also, we found a small place in Pasadena which repairs luggage at a reasonable price. We've had to take one of the discount bags there, but it was fixed, and cheaply.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old July 26th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Denise H

good moring from mpls we had a down pour of rain last night temps drop like a rock
frist night had to have blanket on temps today are to be 73 degress sure enjoy it after that heat weave