CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Top Places at Sea for A Sunset (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/273837-top-places-sea-sunset.html)

venice July 27th, 2005 05:47 PM

Top Places at Sea for A Sunset

I have been blessed to travel the world by cruising and to be able to watch the sunset in some really spectacular places. With the basic assumption that any place that you can be on a cruise, sit on your veranda and watch the sunset is awesome, here are my favorite places to watch a sunset..my goal at this point in my life is to go back to all of these places, on a cruise, with the same GF (or I guess if I get that far she better be my new DW (VVBG)

# 1 Santorini Greece
#2 Venice Italy
#3 Maui, Hawaii
#4 Tortola BVI
#5 Whidbey Island, Seattle

I'm curious what are your favorite places to watch a spectacular sunset when you are on a cruise sitting on your veranda ?

CruiseDiva July 27th, 2005 06:22 PM

Re: Top Places at Sea for A Sunset

Key West... without a doubt, sunsets are spectacular and surreal.

Jeanne&Ellis July 27th, 2005 06:40 PM

Any Hawaiian island
Alsaka inside passage
At Sea any ocean will do.

UConn1 July 27th, 2005 07:52 PM

Give me 52 days - OK - 68 days so I can return, and I will give you my opinion of the Hawaii sunsets/rises.

Jodi

Cruise Cynic July 27th, 2005 10:52 PM

Any caribbean cruise featuring a sea day headed in an easterly direction. The sun will set off the stern. Passengers applaud when the sun sinks below the horizon.

Lisa July 28th, 2005 12:12 AM

Sunset in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan is absolutely spectacular!

Gatormama July 28th, 2005 06:10 AM

One more vote fpr Key West and the Gulf of Mexico. Alaska too has my vote. The sky turned the Mountains pink at midnight when we were there last year. It was incredible.
Anne

Happy Camper July 28th, 2005 08:44 AM

Maui was abosultely awesome

The best - pulling through the islands off Vancover heading toward the dock at Vancover. Event eh sealions came out to enjoy the sunset...

Honolulu Harbor.

Key West

Off Belize - pulling out by all the tiny islands

Curacao - pulling out the picture like town with the sunsetting and hte hotel lighting up and playing Loveboat! :)

The Bestest Best is Home here in Texas - we the the BEST sunsets! :) :)

LisaK July 28th, 2005 09:40 AM

being out on the open sea with nothing around but the horizon,just watching the sun slowly slip away

gann July 28th, 2005 07:14 PM

Another vote for Key West. Was stationed there in the Navy for nearly 3 years and some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen were there.
Don