Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default New Info on the Missing Groom;(

For anyone interested in keeping up with the missing groom from the Brilliance, catch A Current Affair, weekenights..they are covering this way beyond anyone else.

The blood on the canopy, that they have been speaking of ,2 decks below, the honeymoon cabin, was photographed by a 16 yr old, who has yet to be contacted by the F.B.I. I don't know why, I thought it was a small spot, or spots, but it is quite large, with a blood pool, and you can make out the outline of an arm, which I saw right off, and the girl said it that's what it looked like to her..Very disturbing.

Yesterday, they interviewed a man who was in the cabin next door, is a deputy chief of police, he has yet to be interviewed either, but was contacted, byt the F.B. I, to not to talk to the media, till Friday, when thye want to interview him. By all accounts from several cruisers, there was much noise coming from the cabin that night.

They also interviewed, a man who wants to remain in shadow, because he is afraid of repercussions..he is from NYC..and he believes that the 2 men he saw with George, drinking Absynthe, and,who he believes were involved, are also from NYC.. He never saw George again, nor did he see these men for the rest of the cruise.

This is truly a cautionary tale. Both honeymoners were seen by many witnesses, to be very drunk, and that said..I guess the young groom , was outnumbered and in no condition to defend himself... Heartbreaking for both families.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: New Info on the Missing Groom;(

Trip,
Please keep us informed, strange things I've yet to hear about this case.....

Also, how about any new news about the missing girl in Aruba?

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:57 PM
susancruzs

I heard that they were draining a pond today in Aruba but wasn't home for the evening news.

I hadn't heard anything on the bridegroom, thanks for keeping us posted, Trip.

You have to feel for the families, so difficult and the not knowing or having a conclusion.

Susie
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Admiral

Whoa! Somehow I missed this one. Is there a link somewhere to the original story.

TBug
Old July 27th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Yeoman

Testing!
Old July 27th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Carol Eskra

Sometimes I question just what role does the F.B.I. have! The morning of 9/11 I was driving to my beach condo and this is when I learned of the terrible tragedy in N.Y.C. When I returned home there was a message in Arabic on my answering machine. I have no Arab friends, however the only words I recoginized were Mohammed and Allah. I live in Fl. and since many of the terrorists had connections here I thought the F.B.I. might like to listen to this message! WRONG! I called them but they didn't seem interested. They did take my phone number but never called back.

Carol
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

There was something about this on Good Morning America this morning. It is so very sad for George's family. I have my suspisions about the spouse

Old July 28th, 2005, 11:17 AM
DENISE H

both of these stories were on the tv last night there still draing the pool in aruba
Old July 28th, 2005, 01:56 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: New Info on the Missing Groom;(

Court TV has also been covering the story of the missing groom.
Old July 28th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Admiral

The FBI has no standing in this matter. "If" they do anything it will be at the request of the agency that has jursidiction. This is one of those things that apparently most American do not understand as indicated in Aruba. They can only 'ask' if they can be of service.
Jim

Old July 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

According to what I have heard..the Turkish Embassy has turned it all over to the Americans.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 28th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Admiral

In which case the FBI now has to come up to speed. Do they have some good people? Definately! Do things usually get tied up in red tape and nothing gets accomplished? Again, unfortunately very often. 8^(
Jim