Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Friday!

It's 2:20 a.m. and I still cannot sleep, so I figured I might as well wish you all a good Friday morning!
I've got to be up early (or later, depending on how you look at it!) to take my son to the community centre for a teen day trip to the water slides up north. Lucky him, it looks like perfect weather too...wish I was going! Just another work day for me.
Plans for the weekend include shopping for a new kitchen (picking a floor and countertop), a Bar B-Q and Cornroast, and a trip to the lake to visit my relatives' cottage.
Looks like a busy weekend, hope yours is a good one too!

donna

Old July 29th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Good Morning Friday!

I'm still up too Donna so I may as well join you in wishing everyone a Happy Friday. It's a long weekend for us. We are going to a friend's for a BBQ on Sat. and the rest of the weekend looks nice & quiet with good weather.
Good morning to all the CM's to follow & have a great weekend.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old July 29th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Admiral

I forgot that the rest of Canada gets a civic holiday the first weekend in Aug.! We here in Quebec have to be different, and have ours in June, the week before Canada Day, but I'm not complaining, - that's 2 long weekends in a row!

donna

Old July 29th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning RD and rebel.

Well I had a really "cr*p" Friday.
Earned a whole 3 hours of peice rate wages and my boss was on my back again.

Thank goodness the weekend is here now and I can forget about it for a couple of days.

Everyone have a better POETS day than me!

Dont forget to P**s Off Early.

Post Edited (07-29-05 01:53)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old July 29th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Good morning CruiseMates. I too find myself up late this evening (morning).

Nothing special today other than work .. ugh.

One day closer to our cruise, that is a happy note.

Cheerful Friday all.

Sea of Cortez on Ryndam 9-28-2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Vancouver – Alaska – Los Angeles, Sept 16, 2006 on Summit

Old July 29th, 2005, 03:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! A sunny day in the 80's for NH's Lakes Region. Work today and all weekend for me. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 29th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning All,
Had storms roll thru last night and still muggy. More coming thru. Camp is over, have both kids home today so it will be sort thru folders, notebooks and assorted school supplies and put backpacks in order. Oldest has movie tix to use and youngest wants to go mini golfing. Full day. Youngest is totally psyched. Got his call from his teacher yesterday and he got who he wanted. was bouncing off the walls. Glad he is excited.Have to go wake up DH. He should have been up a 1/2 hour ago!
Enjoy
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old July 29th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I managed to sleep all night unlike some of our other 'mates!
RDonna, a good friend of mine is going through the kitchen remodel right now.......she's says after weeks of not having a kitchen she's actually looking forward to cooking again!
(kitchen was made bigger so she's been without counters and the cabinets just recently went in)
Hoping the rain holds off late afternoon and into the evening. Son's marching band gives us a preview show tonight and we're having several families over to swim after that.
2 weeks from today we have our 3 night Sovereign adventure.....yahoo!
Angela Z.

Old July 29th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I had a pretty good night's sleep last night, but I feel like I had about 2 hrs of sleep. This new blood pressure medicine is making me so lethargic that all I want to do is sleep. Not only that, it hasn't lowered my BP down enough, so another appt. Monday is on tap to try another. Do I really look like a guinea pig? Ugh! I hpoe I get a good drug this time before our cruise. I hate feeling cruddy during vacation.

This weekend, the people in our neighborhood are having a giant rummage sale. DW decided there was too much to do before the cruise, and so little time to get everything ready, so instead of having one ourselves, we're going to go check out eveybody else's garbage...I mean rummage. <G>

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Post Edited (07-29-05 15:11)

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 29th, 2005, 06:06 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Yesterday I had two appointments on the other side of the state - first was at 8 a.m. - that is why I was absent yesterday. I'll be so glad when this jaw is fixed and I don't have all these appointments anymore.

While in the city I went to the Mall to run some errands. Went to Victoria's Secret - where I witnessed a shoplifter. I really didn't want to get involoved - but felt it was my civic duty. I told the sales clerk (a young 20 year old) that the lady (mid-20) she just found the panties for stuffed them in her purse and was headed for the door. The clerk looked at me and said "well maybe she had a free coupon" I said to her back, "If you have a coupon don't you have to go to the cash register to redeem it?" She gave me a blank look. So I just went to cash out. I wish I had free coupons so I could just pick out what I liked then by-pass the whole waiting in line proceedure. Think of the time it would save, not to mention the money. I was really mad after this and think I may e-mail the parent company and ask them for some of those coupons. Perhaps I should have just minded my own business - but shoplifting is my business because people stealing makes the prices go up - and then I have to pay the inflated prices. What would you guys have done?

I went to my daughters bandconcert last night. My brother also plays in this band. His son (my nephew) was visiting from Mass - with his wife and two little girls - 14 months and 2 months. What fun it was to play with them and hold them. It brought the whole family out, and I think we were quite a distraction, but since we never get to see these precious gems - I didn't feel guilty.

I guess I missed some sort of uproar yesterday - I tried to come up to speed, but didn't really succeed. I do hope that Luanne is ok. I hope she comes back - she'll be missed.

Well my workload hasn't diminished any so I'd better jet and get some thing accomplished.

Have a great day.

VTJen
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody,
It will be another hot day in Avon Park,FL.. Our rain chances are up today, too.
There is not going on, but wanted to check in. I might actually get the chance to sleep in tomorrow morning for a change--maybe till 8! Bye. Lynne

Old July 29th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Morning All,

Beautiful day here in MI. Today is a great day as my son returns from Germany. He has been gone a month with his school and finally returns today. Be glad when he's home safe on our soil!

Have a good weekend!
TBug
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Passenger

Good Morning All,
This is the first morning in ages I've been online. In less than 16 hours I will officially be a SDM for our 8/8 cruise on the Sovereign.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone. I enjoyed chat last night. Didn't get to stay long but it was fun. I enjoyed talking to everyone. Super to see Luanne join us too!!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I am going to put on two or three coats of wax on my car today. It's overdue for major wax job.

Lombard, sorry to hear your Friday was so bad. I had working for people that don't know what Thank You means, or just how to treat someone.

Old July 29th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Happy Friday everyone, wishing you all a good day and a wonderful weekend. Enjoy! VTJen, I know how you feel, I worked for retail many years and things have changed so much. I think everyone is afraid of being sued, or possibly the sales lady was a freind of the other lady that woalked out with the panties? I have seen that happen more than once.

Jeanne
Old July 29th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas. It looks like it is going to be a good day today, but still hot. Be glad when a cool front means below 90. We have a very special guest coming to visit. I have never met him, except for the Computer, but he and my husband became very close, on there last assigment. I asked him what he wanted to see of Texas, (He is from the middle East) He said BBQ and Poker. That's my kind of guest. lol They have organized a pool party for him, and a few more things.
Well CM's have a great weekend. Be safe.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 29th, 2005, 08:34 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......sun is shinning....80's expected.......all is good.....

Y'all have a great Friday...........

Sharon

Old July 29th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! More bright sunshine forecast for Calgary, with highs in the 80sF again. Had a brief hail storm run through last night, but nothing significant.

Heading into work briefly this morning, and then golfing! Have to take advantage of the weather.

Yesterday afternoon I spent some time shopping at "end of summer sales". My new wardrobe is building, and I have to admit it's kind of nice being able to buy off the rack at stores other than Mr. Big & Tall.

3 weeks off of the Atkins diet, eating "regular" food, and I'm pleased to say no weight gain at all!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 29th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

The heat wave finally broke here in the Northeast. NYC is still hazy. Working at the Environmental Protection Agency, I apprecate being able to see the air that I am giving grants out to protect. It will be another day tomorrow of slaving to establish the new flowerbed and walkways in the back yard. At least it will not be hot and humid.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 29th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all! today is going to be a long day at work for me, i am already in vacation mode! we leave tomorrow for a week in Scarborough , ME, can't wait, we will be camping with our dear friends, a good time will be had by all!!
Old July 29th, 2005, 10:58 AM
CruisinK&J

A late good morning from Southern California where it'll be hot and sticky. It's monsoons time.

Well, we ha a little excitement in our neighborhood last night. At 7:30 p.m., the power went out. I went outside and there was a fire truck and a police car two doors down. A lot of people were milling about. We don 't very often get that kind of excitement in our area. Apparently, a power line went down and started a house fire. Couldn't have been too serious, though, because there was no smoke or flames, fortunately.

It's off to the gym and later, the car wash.

Have a good Friday and a good weekend, CM's.

Judy