Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Yeoman

Default How Do You Take Yours?

Ok, found the coffee pot.
In these days of so many frufee coffe styles, here's a question, how do you take yours? Mine I like with 2 sugars and creme. Also a little chocolate creamer every once in a while and if I'm on vacation, a shot of rum in it. And I think this am I may make mine iced instead of hot
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: How Do You Take Yours?

Ohhhhhhhhhh how delicious!! I love my coffee. I buy coffe beans and grind them fresh by the pot. Love hazelnut coffee with lots of cream. Real cream not 1/2 &1/2. No sugar. Whatever is left of the pot I put in the refrigerator and enjoy iced after work. Sometimes love the flavored creamers when I have some low carb on hand.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 30th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I am a tea lady, BUT when I do drink coffee, it' looks like a like a milk shake..VERY light, with tons of splenda..I know, I am a bad girl>vbg>

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 30th, 2005, 05:51 AM
VTJen

Coffee - 2 cups every morning while I check out the boards and delete all the junk email. I'm always game to try new coffee flavors - usally drink Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, and always use a flavored creamer

The rest of the day I drink tea - blacks, greens, herbals, and reds. I love Dajerling - Earl Grey - too many to even list.

VTJen
Old July 30th, 2005, 07:28 AM
salem5050

Hot tea here, lots of flavored creamer, and tons of sugar.

Mary Margaret
Old July 30th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

2 mugs in the morning, hot and black, no decaf!
Old July 30th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Admiral

My coffee pot grinds it, then brews it fresh. You can smell the aroma throughout the house in the morning.

Which got me to thinking. Can you get really good coffee on Carnival? I want to have it delivered to our room in the morning, so will it be good. There doesn't happen to be a starbucks on board, is there?

TBug

9-10-05-Triumph
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Admiral

I like my coffee with cream in the morning. I really don't care for the strong stuff like Starbucks. So far Caribou is the only specialty coffee place that I've found that really has a nice smooth milder coffee.

When I have iced coffee, it always has to have cream and sweetner. That's something that I think is really a New England tradition and you don't see it everywhere.

Phyll

Old July 30th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Admiral

My husband is from Costa Rica, a coffee-producing country, and we buy all of our coffee from Costa Rica. My favorite is a very flavorful, but not bitter, variety that is grown in the region of Tarrazú in Costa Rica. I buy it online at www.cafebritt.com. I brew it fairly strong, but, as I said, not bitter, and then I lighten it a lot with either milk or half and half or powdered creamer and sweeten it with equal. In Costa Rica, all coffee sold locally is mixed 90% coffee and 10% sugar. NO ONE drinks it without sugar. I have to be careful when we are there and buying coffee to make sure the package says 100% puro so that I don't accidentally intake the sugar that I souldn't have!

My favorite foo-foo coffee is from Starbucks, and it is a caramel macchiato - strong espresso mixed with milk, sugar-free vanilla syrup and caramel syrup. I can only have it very seldom because of the sugar in the caramel syrup, but i sure do enjoy it when I do treat myself!

Old July 30th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to BrendaS Send a message via Yahoo to BrendaS

It depends on my mood and the quality of the coffee. Usually if it's good coffee I just drink it black, no sugar. If it's not very good I'll use cream and sugar to disguise the poor quality. But then again, if it is exceptionally good I use cream and sugar to enhance the yumminess.

No one said I had to be logical in my answer, right??
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Have never been able to tolerate the taste of coffee. I like the smell of fresh-brewed coffee, but just think it tastes bitter. I am a tea drinker, and I prefer plain old Salada or Tetley to any of the "foo-foo" flavours! With milk and plenty of sugar of course!

donna

Old July 30th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Admiral

I love tea, but my coffee, I take the same way --- two sugars with cream. Now the coffee, I use cinnamon creme in that. Don't like Starbucks at all, you could start a car with that stuff - GAG!

Old July 30th, 2005, 10:06 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

I drink coffee all day long at work, and I like it with half and half and 1 Sweet 'N Low. Ideally, yes you should be able to drink coffee black. When the coffee is good, it doesn't need anything else. However, most times the doggone stuff at work will grow hair on your chest ;-)

Funny enough, on the weekends, I only drink tea. I have that with Sweet 'N Low as well, but I can only use skim milk in tea. Anything heavier in tea is just too much.

Have a Super Saturday all!

Cathy
Old July 30th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Hi Test, Black

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 30th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

When I drink coffee, Almost stopped now, I drink it straight, (just like I like my women), No surgar or cream.
Old July 30th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Admiral

It has to be hot tea with milk and sweetener.
Old July 30th, 2005, 11:48 AM
J. Bonnell

Two sugars??? Luv ya
Old July 30th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Admiral

I cant stand coffee & the smell of it almost makes me gag ! Im so glad hubby doesnt like it either... now, my ds (15) has loved coffee since he was a little boy & he owuld drink with his granny. He even bought his own coffee pot last year... he very rarely ever gets it out, but he has it handy if Granny comes by.

I was born in England, so I have been drinking hot tea with milk & sugar my whole life. I love it.... ds likes that too... but usually... Im a Dr Pepper girl...although trying to cut back !

"Sea" ya -
Steph
Old July 30th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Black.......better if it has been sitting in the pot for a couple of hours. Why can't everyone make coffee like the Navy?

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 30th, 2005, 12:40 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: How Do You Take Yours?

I am a tea lover like Trip and Rollerdonna and the others. I am so hooked on my Tetley only, that I take a box with me when I cruise! I also carry a plastic baggie in my purse with some tea bags for those places that don't have it. I love the smell of coffee, but to me it tastes bitter, I love coffee ice cream though.

Take care
Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old July 30th, 2005, 12:53 PM
seaangel

I stopped coffee about a year ago. Now I'm and Earl Grey lover with splenda. Love it. Also, for a super caffeine high, once in a while I drink a can of sugar free Red Bull. That stuff is great and I can clean my whole house in 15 minutes......
sea angel
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Admiral

Black with a little sugar. I enjoy tea in the evening with the lovely Mrs. Jones while watching T.V. or whatever. The lovely Mrs. Jones likes her coffee straight black. I can't stand Starbucks, and she loves it! What is it they say about opposites???
See you aboard,
Ken
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:30 PM
venice

Ray..if I hear you correctly you don't like sugar in either your coffee or women ? I can understand the coffee but not the woman part (VBG)..

The only time I drink coffee is when I am on vacation and then I carry packets of Kona coffee...When I am in Greece, for some reason I love their coffee which is thick as mud and you are served it in a small thimble
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Venice--What I meant was: I like my women straight if you get what I mean.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old July 30th, 2005, 03:19 PM
venice

Ray, I know, I was only having fun with you
Old July 30th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Cruisin K and J

When I was a small child, my grandmother gave my coffee in a saucer. That's how I started drinking the stuff. I've been drinking decaf for years, black. I love Starbucks decaf. They're one of the few who make decaf taste like coffee and not boliled water.

Judy
Old July 30th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Admiral

I'm one of the very few people who don't like coffee or tea.

My parents liked both, and they were offered to me, but I just never liked the taste. I can drink an occasional hot tea, if I'm not feeling well, but it has to have a TON of lemon in it (and maybe some whiskey!).

I need a Diet Cola to start the morning. Same amount of caffine, different taste.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 30th, 2005, 08:58 PM
susancruzs

I drink coffee and tea, coffee with cream, tea as is, I never use sugar. I used to big time but my sister made me quit the sugar routine.

I've been drinking coffee since I was a baby! :-) Swedish custom and my dad started us with coffee very young.

I like flavored coffees and if not available, I use the flavored creams. I enjoyed the cappacino in Italy, every day no matter where we were we'd find a place to stop for coffee.

The house we stayed in had the strangest coffee makers and I actually bought a set of 3 to bring home along with the vacuum packed coffee.

I went to Little Italy in Chicago on Sat. and there in a store window was one of those coffee pots!

Susie
Old August 1st, 2005, 07:59 AM
Admiral

I like it a lttle strong with a touch of cream and 2 sweet and lows.

Old August 1st, 2005, 09:06 AM
Admiral

I always drink decaf - never caffeinated as it affects me too strongly.

Coffee is not an everyday thing for me. About the only time I drink it is when we stop at a bookstore or Starbucks, then I get a "froufrou" coffee. My favorite is the Gingerbread latte, but it's only available at the end of the year. The rest of the time I'll get a Caffe & Cocoa, which is half coffee/half hot chocolate, if that's available (they seem to only have it at the Starbucks in Barnes & Nobles.) Otherwise, I'll get a mocha, no whip cream.

I love tea, too - no sugar, just milk. Both black tea and herbals, but not Earl Grey - yuck.

Cheers,
Michelle P.