Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2005, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default That's customer service!!!

Last night as I was sleeping my phone rang. It startled me awake and of course I feared the worst. Since my family are all down to the cottage. It was nearly 11:00PM. It turned out to be a friend who had been wanting to go on a cruise. She had contacted me a few weeks ago. She had chosen a ship and wanted to sail on August 20. I do outside sales for a local cruise agency. I had told her then that since she was within 90 days of sailing she would have to pay in full. Well, here it was late at night and she called to inform me that she has the money to pay for the cruise. She wanted me to call Carnival and get her booking done for the Imagination. She was afraid that they would run out of rooms!!!!. Carnival has 24 hours booking agents. I called and got the booking for her. Not only did I get the booking but it had come in nearly $100 dollars less expensive than she had seen on the website. That was definately a first for me to have a client call that late. Actually it worked out rather well. It was the first time ever that I called Carnival without being on hold forever before talking to anyone. Hmmm maybe I should change the hours in my advertising!!. Any way the best part is I have oficially converted another landlubber.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2005, 06:23 PM
venice

Default Re: That's customer service!!!

and you know what, your client will tell 10 people what you did and you will be the best TA in the business according to her, and yes sometimes it's better to call late at night
Old July 31st, 2005, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

WAY TO GO LAURA!

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 31st, 2005, 07:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Good for you!!!! This will come back to you tenfold

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I was pleasantly surprised to get home from work last night and find an email from her. This is what she wrote.

Thanks Laura for everything you have done for us. I'm sure that the next
time we want to go on a cruise I'll be calling you.

Take Care, Love Ya
Lisa

That made my day and more than made up for being woke up in the night.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain