Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Default Back from Sanibel Harbour Spa..

and Resort. It was such a great time we extended our stay 1 more night and my dh stayed with me. WE came back sunday late afternoon.
We had booked the Grande Bay suites which is a seperate building on the grounds.WE had two rooms and a very big bathroom. A wrap around balcony on the master bedroom made it a nice place to sit and look out to the ocean from the 8th floor.
Service through out the resort was superb and everyone was very very friendly. Since we had a suite we had compl. cont breakfast in the lobby overlooking the water. At 2pm they had comp. tea time and at 5pm comp. Appetizers <hot and cold> drinks, wine etc.
There are several pools and we used the one at the main hotel.A shuttle brings you around which is nice. My dh came saturday around noon and I had a couples thing planned.It's similar to the Rasul treatments on the cruise ships I think. It was wonderful. Afterwards I had ordered some chocolate strawberries for the room and we enjoyed them. The Spa is wonderful and I took advantage of the sauna, steam room , hot tub and indoor pool. That night we booked a dinner cruise on the Princess.The food wasn't very good but it was nice to be on a ship. The next day we had to check out at 12 and they could not give us a later time since they were totally booked. I had booked another massage for myself at 1pm.a AromaTheraphy massage and again it was wonderful. We had lunch at the pool and after the massage enjoyed the spa a little more.
If I compare it to a cruise I must say it is off course more money.The daily rate with food and everythign came out to be round almost $400 but due to the service we are willing to pay it. With a cruise everthing is included and at the Resort we had to pay for everything extra. But again the service was 100% and I have never encountered this on a cruise. We are planning to do this again this year but only for a weekend and not 4 days. I highly recommend this Resort! I will post few pictures later today...

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2005, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Back from Sanibel Harbour Spa..

Welcome back. It sounds really lovely!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old August 1st, 2005, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Sounds divine Sue, glad you had a good time!

donna

Old August 1st, 2005, 08:39 PM
susancruzs

Sounds wonderful, I absolutely love Spas! I did the high end at a resort one time and the low end at a rustic Tennessee Fitness Spa, both for a week and by the end I was like a dish rag, but no aches and pains, I was so relaxed, wonderful!!! :-)

Susie