Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2005, 11:05 AM
venice

Default If I Were CEO of EasyCruise

and read these boards, I would feel pretty confident that my first season in the caribbean should be a success as long as I kept customer expectations very low and then exceeded them

-don't like the food ?- don't buy it
-don't like to tip ?-no problem since you don't have to worry about having a cabin/dining room steward
-don't like the onboard shows/spas ? - no problem, there are none
-afraid you'll miss your ship if your shore excursion is late ? - no problem, just catch the next ship which will be coming a week later
-complain about why you don't get an upgraded cabin? - no problem they are all inside
-concerned about hurricanes diverting you from Bermuda to Canada ? - no problem, we only cruise from Nov thru April so we miss hurricane season
-Want to hire an attorney and file a class action suit because you didn't like something onboard ? - no problem, we will just give you back your cash, since it's cheaper to do that then giving future travel credit

I would use the Southwest Airlines business model (keep it simple and don't try to be something you are not)..When Southwest first came into existance in the 70's, the major carriers laughed at them and said they would never succeed and customers wanted all these ammenities and would never fly in a cattle car..guess who's laughing now !!!

I would stand by the dock and hand out a flyer that would list all the major cruiseline marketing hype and indicate to each customer if that's what you are looking for, turn around and get a refund. But if you want to get from one island to the next by sea, I'm the cruise line for you. I suspect the big cruise companies are not taking Easy Cruise seriously at this point (only one small ship, limited niche market, we won't lose customers to them)..the big carriers said that about Southwest also and look what happen

How many posters of these boards would try Easy Cruise and have an open mind set when we do ? Just curious
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: If I Were CEO of EasyCruise

Not on your life-buoy!. Sorry for the pun, but Easy Cruise would go out of business if everyone feels the way I do.
Old August 4th, 2005, 11:46 AM
venice

but remember, EasyCruise's target market is the exact opposite of who would post on these boards and there are a heck of alot more of "them" then "us"..If I were Easy Cruise CEO, I would not waste one penny of my marketing dollar on trying to attract people who have already cruised on a cruise ship, because I would never be able to change them from their "bad" habits (expectations)..I would however be very interested in generation "x" (or y or z or whatever they call themselves)..who view the traditional cruising experience as "over priced, over hype" and for "our parents generation", but want to try cruising and seeing it as a "means to getting to and between the islands"...that untapped generation is where the real future money and market share is...let the big 3 fight it out over moving market share, I'm after new untapped markets that the big 3 either don't want or can't figure out how to market to (good analogy is in the car business is how toyota markets the scion)

it's all about changing paradyms and expectations..IMO, if Easy Cruise is successful quickly and purchase 2-4 more ships the big 3 will take notice and put out a similiar product offering (look at how the legacy carriers are trying to reinvent themselves into a low cost carrier)

I would not cruise them (unless of course they gave me a free cruise), but my 30 year old son (who has been cruising since he was 8), is all excited about trying them. For my birthday present he's taking me on a Windjammer cruise which will be a first for us, so I think he's trying to "ease" me into trying Easy Cruise
Old August 4th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I had never heard of them. I went to the web site, and couldn't get it to click on the itt. or about us. can someone give me an idea of what is different, other than the pictures showing, what looks like a life boat. I will make my bed, but I draw the line to washing my own dishes. lol

more details please.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 4th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Admiral

Point taken Venice!

TBug
Old August 4th, 2005, 07:17 PM
VTJen

Will the ship be clean - because I really like clean, and I don't like doing the cleaning. I can live with so-so food for a week, but I don't like nasty.

VTJen
Old August 5th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Admiral

It should be called cheap and nasty maybe? (Hope this is not company bashing)

That being said venice. your statement..."EasyCruise's target market is the exact opposite of who would post on these boards and there are a heck of alot more of "them" then "us"" is very ineteresting.
I would hope that when their customers see the bigger ships they will want to try a proper cruise.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old August 5th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Admiral

I'd never give it a shot. Getting from one island to the other is the last thing I go on a cruise for! As I've stated many, many times on this board, I couldn't care less about where the cruise goes, but go strictly for what is presented aboard the ship. ie: entertainment, food, relaxiation, etc. If they're counting on my dollars, they may as well fold up the tent now.
Ken
Old August 6th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Admiral

The concept was started by the guy that brought budget airline to the UK (Easyjet) and it is quite simple. Old ships refurbished (around 30K ton). Its pay as you go, get off at one port, pick up the next one two days later to cruise on to the next.

Not traditional cruising, and very basic. More aimed at the young cruisers, its like backpacking arounfd places via ship. But to be fair they are more than just ferries.