Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Default Hi Gang! I'm Back!!!

Hello to all, back from vacation ( boo-hoo) We had a wonderful time despite the fact that it was close to being a no-go. Our friends who we are camping with totaled their camper on the way to our house, everyone is fine, thank the Lord. The camper is not. We decided that we were going no matter what so we off-loaded a weeks worth of food, dry goods, clothing, etc from their camper into lots of bins, went to WalMart bought a couple of tents and air mattressess, loaded up 2 trucks and 1 car and were on our way! We were going to bunk together- adults in our camper, teens in tents, as it turned out, when we arrived at Bayley's campground, we sought out the owner, Tom, great guy, told him our situation and he said " give me a couple of minutes too see what i can do for you" He came back and told us that he would have a rental trailer available for our friends on the next day, he had a cancellation, gave it to our friends at his cost. Thank-you again Tom. We had a great week, went to the beach, did some shopping, the guys went golfing, just relaxed.
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Hi Gang! I'm Back!!!

I am so glad that all turned out well for all of you LisaK...sounds like you had a great time in spite of the almost tradgedy..If they still want a camper, email me.. I have one drawing dust..>G<

Old August 8th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Welcome back. Sorry about the accident, but what a great story of making the best of things out of a bad situation. Wish you saw more of that when you read about cruises diverted for storms and things loke missed ports.
Where exactly did you go camping? Sounds nice.
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Papa Bill - the resort that we went to is one of our favorite places to camp. Its called Bayley's Resort Campground and its in Scarborough, Maine, beautiful place, lots of amenities ( hot tub, 2 pools, restaurant, ice cream bar, coffee shop, arcade for kids, entertainment pavilion) Its 2 miles from the ocean.
We were determined to make the best of a bad situation. We were just glad that everyone was ok and that we could be together. Stuff can be replaced. Good times, good friends and good memories are forever.
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I bet you all are singing, 'Thanks for the Memories!"

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 8th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Welcome back LIsa, missed you. Glad you had a good time in spite of the problems. A Good Attitude will do it everytime.

Carnival Glory
Old August 8th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Welcome back, LisaK.
I'm glad that your friends weren't hurt, and that you were all able to go on the camping trip and have such a good time inspite of the accident. Sounds like you all had a lot of fun.

Phyll

Old August 8th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Hi Gang! I'm Back!!!

Welcome back! Glad friends did not get hurt and you made the best of it. I don't like camping but the way you described it it sounded like a lot of fun.

Old August 8th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Admiral

When I was a teenager, we stayed at Bayley's every summer (for the whole summer), and I think they are located in Pine Point, rather than Scarborough proper. It was a lot smaller then, and was owned by Tom's parents, nice folks also, who have since retired and moved to Florida. A few years back, we stayed there again, in a rented camper like you (I wonder if it was the same one??? We were kitty-corner to the small washrooms/showers) The place sure has grown.

My parents liked the place so much, they very nearly bought a house on the beach there.

We intend to return with our kids once they are old enough. I prefer the Pine Point end of the beach to Old Orchard Beach itself. It's less crowded and more family-friendly.

What a co-in-ki-dink. What caused you to choose this particular campground?

Post Edited (08-08-05 22:48)

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old August 9th, 2005, 05:37 AM
VTJen

Once you said what your destination was - now wonder diaster didn't hold you back. I love the Maine Coast - if I had plans for a week on her shores nothing would keep me from them either. I'm familiar with that area , tho' I prefer to either go a little further south - I love Perkins Cove , and even better York Beach - as it is so close to Cape Neddick - Nubble Light - my favorite Lighthouse. I like to go in September. The weather is still nice enough to walk the beach and enjoy days outdoors, but many of the tourists have gone. I can see it, smell it, feel it and taste it all in my minds eye. It is one of my true loves.

Thanks for bringing back such wonderful memories. Plus, I'm so thankful everything turned out well for your vacation! And that everyone is o,k.

VTJen
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Dear Cynic; small world isn't it. We have camped at Bayley's before and loved it. Our friends have camped here for years, and they turned us onto Bayley's. Tom his wife and his daughter are now running it., we already have our reservations for vacation next year
Old August 9th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Admiral

Lisa> am thinking about next summer also. Mrs. Cynic desperately needs the time off. The kids will love the seashore, but not the drive. We'll stay in the area, either cabins on the highway or Bayley's, one of the two. It's a $$$ issue.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old August 10th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Admiral

dearest "Marvin" - If you want to go to Bayley's the rentals are booking up really fast, especially for August.