Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Good Morning It's Wednesday

Good Morning everyone. Had to do this tonight, because we are headed for some more thunderstorms by morning. For some reason, we loose power easy these days.
I have plans, but it will depend on the weather. Less than a week now, before school starts. Still trying to get oldest registered. Never seen so much paperwork for college. lol

Have a great day guys.....

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Good Morning It's Wednesday

Happy Hump day Luanne and all you CM's that are wisely still sleeping. Have a great day!
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old August 10th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin!

Another nice night at work....and later today when I go in I get to be a semi supervisor again so I don't have to take MY hall......I get to supervise the med tech who will have it and the two other nurses who are in the front with me.......last time I did this last week (which was the first time)....I had a good but busy night. Hopefully tonight will be the same.

Got home from work late Tuesday night and saw the post about the CM New Years Cruise for 06/07 and I about fainted! FINALLY a holiday cruise that I just might be able to swing! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Supposed to get a small break in the weather today......hopefully it will last through the weekend at least.

Old August 10th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Another hot one here in NH's Lakes Region. Back to work this afternoon. I have been so busy lately with hunting for a new place to live and packing to move. If I disappear for a bit it is because we are off the cable temporarily. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 10th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning,
Is it really Wed.? Have to start getting ready for trip up N this weekend for 90th BDay party for DH's grandmother. Also have foster daughter moving back in complete with roomate and dog till the end of the month. Will be cozy!, Have a good one
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old August 10th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Up earlier this am as a bunch of us from the office are headed up to Jacksonville this am for a conference. I'd try and talk them into dinner at Thomas' but I'd rather go there with people I like!
When I tried to print daughters setsail pass again last night I noticed that while they'd fixed the order of her boyfriends name (they had first, Jr., last) I realized they'd left off the last letter of his first name! argh.....it's a good thing the reservations people aren't driving the ship or I'm sure we'd end up somewhere we didn't want to be.
Angela Z.

Old August 10th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning and thanks to Steph, this week is going by some fast.

Gail (Comet Cruiser): What did you thing of Canadian Idol? I watch it and thought Melissa and Rex were the most talented. However, I still voted for Casey. She showed a tremendous amount of poise in her performance and thanking the judges for their critics, some of it, I felt, were not warranted.

Local Sporting News: `` HABS, BRUINS WILL CLASH SEPT. 28``. It goes on: ''The NHL is coming to Moncton. The city will host a pre-season game between the Montreal Canadians in September``

This small town will be rocking come Sept., The Rolling Stones, Julio Inglias and now this NHL game all playing our small town.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old August 10th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everbody!

I have no good reason for being up early today - COULD have slept in, but the wheels started turning early and I mentally composed about 10 emails before giving in and getting up!

Hope everybody has a good one.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old August 10th, 2005, 05:49 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Triple H's are visiting again today. Yesterday was long - but got stuff done, expect the same today. We are having very little luck finding a replacement for the van computer. I'm really trying not to freak out. We absolutely have to have this vehicle fixed by next Tuesday evening as we have to leave on Wednesday morning. Renting a van is not an option - not for a 11 day 3,340+ mile trip. Still trying to resolve our cell phone trade-in, why is it that everyone you talk to at a business all tell you something different? Looks like we will have to drive the 4 hour round trip on the motorcycle on Saturday to try and get it resolved - our motorcycle is old - and uncomfortable - it is a 1979 Honda 650. According to the weather there is chance of storms on Saturday - so who knows. All I know is the kids need the truck and car to get to work and practices.

Well, I must drive my son to work now, then come home and get my daughter going so we can head to church - her to practice the piano, me to accomplish a mountain of paper work.

Cynic - you never know who you'll see at Wal-Mart
Trip & Cheryl - so glad you had such fun
Laura - happy home hunting
Luanne - we too are trying to get last minute paper work done for college
BW - you have lots going on in your little corner of the world.

Hope all our Cruisemates have a joyful day,

VTJen
Angela - I can feel your frustration
Ann - enjoy the Birthday party and you houseguests
Old August 10th, 2005, 05:50 AM
VTJen

Oops I meant Cynic, not critic. That'lll teach me from typing without a full dose of caffine to get the blood flowing to the brain.

VTJen
Old August 10th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Looks like a busy day ahead, with one particularly long and boring meeting.

Well, can't be too down about it, I'm going to England for two weeks in 23 days. Yippee!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old August 10th, 2005, 06:16 AM
dfrancis

Happy Wednesday to you all

Michelle - where abouts in our lovely (but I may be biased!) country are you holidaying??
Old August 10th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning!!!! Furnace has developed an oil leak. Oh for joy!!!! Hopefully it will be a small repair but I am not holding my breath.

Great day y'all!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 10th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida. Gonna be hot and humid with more thunderstorms this afternoon. Still beats shoveling snow.

'da Coot' is getting ready to go bowling this morning and I will get lots done while he is gone. Nothing much planned for the rest of the day except to go and replace the dumb weed trimmer.

Have a great day everyone and hope to see you all in chat this evening.

Carnival Glory
Old August 10th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Morning all:

Woke up to a house that has been T.P.'d. Oh joy! That didn't bother me so much. But when I saw somebody threw coke at my son's car. I thought that was a bit much. He, my son, keeps saying it's no big deal, but he also told me someone threw it out of anger. So I think it is a big deal. Oh these years. Sometimes I wish I could fast forward.

How many more day's till my cruise?

TBug (who is stressing a little at what I don't know)
Old August 10th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Short and sweet..I am off to work, merchandise the windows, get hot, eat lunch, get ready to go home, get hot....drive, get hot...get home..relax, chat...my day is done!

Post Edited (08-10-05 07:17)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 10th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..I woke up with a sore neck. Hope that gets better before the day is over.>G< Hope all of you are doing good today and have a bright, fun filled, safe day.
We are thinking about a watermelon festival this weekend..Either in Hope or Cave City...I would like to see that 212 pounder they grew this year.

Have a nice day and please stay safe.

Old August 10th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Another hot one here in Montreal. I don't remember the last time we had rain - a good soaking I mean, not just a few overnight showers. We are having a stupendously beautiful summer. As Tweety says, "beats shovelling snow"!

Well, it looks like I'll have to be more careful about where I shop from now on.....you just never know who you might run into in Wal Mart!

In addition to renovating and house-decorating projects, I've got my son's birthday coming up, a good friend's wedding coming up, and this weekend, a girls' weekend, all of which require gifts pertaining to photographs. Trying to find the right albums and frames is proving more difficult than I thought.

Work is slow, not many kids, but I am not complaining. By Sept. 1st we will be overwhelmed once again!

BW, sorry, I thought Casey was out of her league last night, so was Daryl. I hate to say it, but it looks like Josh has the competition beat. I don't really like him, but he did a bang-up job last night! (Canadian Idol finals for those of you who are wondering).

donna

Old August 10th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning It's Wednesday

dfrancis - I am biased too, it's my favorite place!

My mom and I are spending most of our time in the Cotswolds and Kent, with a few days in London. We've been to the UK many times before, so we can say "been there, done that" to the major tourist sites and focus on small, undiscovered places.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old August 10th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Good Morning It's Wednesday

Good morning from FL...I have been up since 530am but busy. The young men left yesterday and like a good 'son" called us last night at 10pm telling us he made it back in one piece. He will be back in december...he is thinking to move down here. He said if he does he will marry our daughter.They hit it off well andit seemed like a continuation from where they left off...strange but true. They were so in love ..but so young...14+ I will post a picture of the two of them tonight..they make a cute couple.

Today I am doing nothing. Tomorrow is another busy day for me as oldest has to see the doctor. Tomorrow we will find out the date of the c-section.
I need to find youngest daughter birth certificate for our cruise. Her passport expired and needs to be renewed for Germany.
Thats it mates..........have a good one!

Old August 10th, 2005, 08:28 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific NOrthwest.................70's-80's for the next 10 days......that works

Y'all have a great Wednesday.........

Sharon

Old August 10th, 2005, 08:50 AM
DENISE H

good moring from mpls another prefect day sunney and cooler temps hope you have
a good day
Old August 10th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Morning all from cool and cloudy WI. Sure feels good to open the house up again.

I'm going out for breakfast, and then I'm coming home and booking the New Years cruise with Nancy. I'm so excited to see so many of you interested in that one too.

Sue, what an interesting story about your daughter and her friend. I hope it works out for them. You're quite the little matchmaker. ;-)

Wish we got the Canadian Idol show down here too. Now I'm kind of watching the dancing one that is similar. Didn't think I'd like it, but summer tv is really bad and at least this is something new.

Well, time for coffee. Have a good one all.

Phyll

Old August 10th, 2005, 09:41 AM
dfrancis

Michelle - hope you have a lovely holiday and that the weather is kind to you - it has been a really mixed summer so far, few really hot days but mostly warm but cloudy!

Diana
Old August 10th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Rain is the week's operative word in Calgary. Steady downpour as I type, so the planned golf game is "under the weather".

Went shopping yesterday for a new suit and sports coat and accessories. I was kind of impressed when the salesman told me I was so thin.

I've gone from a size 48 Tall to a 42 Tall, and an 18/12 " shirt collar to 16 1/2. Heck I almost look fashionable in the new duds. LOl

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 10th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Admiral

RollerDonna:

Someone once said: ''Beauty is in the eye of the beholder''. I suppose something similar could be said for singing talent. I agree Casey was not the best on Canadian Idol last night and reasonably sure that I'm a bit bias but, ''out of her league'' is not how I would describe her performance last night. I agree with you on Daryl.

I don't have the same appreciation the judges have for Josh. Might be a generation gap but, I just don't see the talent they continually rave on him?

Be as it may, the judges don't have a vote and I still think the system will have Casey in there for a few more weeks.

With all the criticism bestowed upon her by the judges, she showed a lot of poise for a 17 year old last night and I think a lot of people will vote for her.

Bill
Old August 10th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Weather mavens say it's going to get cooler and less humid. HOOOPPEEE!!

I need some coffee, some breakfast, and then off to the gym.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old August 10th, 2005, 11:15 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates.....late in posting today. Time just seems to fly by so quickly these days.

A little cloudy this AM and could get more rain today. Our Monsoon season started slowly in July but has pick up very well in Aug. So far we have had 4 inches and the norm is a little over 3 inches. We need the moisture as this will help replenish the wells the town gets it's water from.

Will spend time this AM filling up my hummingbird and other feeders that are in front and back yards.

You all have a great time and enjoy life.