Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Default Who's who on the 2006-07

Hi Guys and girls,

So I am wondering who's who that is going on this cruise. I am new and don't know everyone yet, hopefully by the cruise, I will but can everyone kinda tell me if there are families going, couples, ages, children's ages. I have a husband and son, 20 by then and two daughters, 17 by then and 13 by then. Husband and I will have just turned 40 at that time so I want to know if we all are the same age group and I would like to know who everyone is and who they have going. Is this weird? I hope not, I just like to know so I don't ask stupid questions. Are we not drinkers or are we? So many questions unanswered I am so lost. lol Is this being to personal? I just like to be prepared. I am weird like that. You all will soon see.

With dear thoughts,

Madeline
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Who's who on the 2006-07

So far for 2006, we're doing Freedom of the Seas with the Cruisemates gang...

Anyone want to join us?

Cruisemates Freedom of the Seas, Sept. 10, 2006

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Admiral

Madeline,

I'm on the 2006 into 2007 Century cruise, since you are new, I''m CruiseAholic and my partner is Jeremy.

I have been very busy lately and not able to get to the boards.

I am a reserved and shy person, retiring in nature and it will be a pleasure to meet you if we are on the same cruise. It will be great to have some to drink 'tea' with every afternoon!
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

CA, oh PUHHLEASSEE!!!!!!!

Actually, CA is a very nice person, he just tends to be a bit "unpredictable" at times....especially when cruising with friends. We are prepared for almost any situation that arises! <vbg> Yet, he still manages to amaze us at times.

Old August 12th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Madalina, check out my post further down, about Century. Alot of people have answered there. Looks like a good time, hope you can join us!
P.S. doesn't matter your age, drink or no drink, kids or no kids, we'll all have a great time!

donna

Old August 12th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Admiral

Tweety & 'da Coot' here. Like Rollerdonna said, doesn't matter, with the group that's going you'll be right in step with at least some of them. Very diversified.

Carnival Glory
Old August 13th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Admiral

Lisa.......who was that posting as CruiseAholic? Doesn't sound like the person WE know!!!!!! Madeline.....unpredictable is just scratching the surface. Most assurely he will be dipping into the wardrobe of some of us gals during some of his antics.....Oh John???.......the orange skirt need to be packed for this one, too??? ;-).

As Donna said........no age/kids/booze restrictions here on a good time. It will be a great group of people and a good time will be had by all. Hubby and I are 76/59 respectively and have cruised with a lot of these terrific revelers for several years. As for CA.......he is harmless and lovable. He is my 'Twin' (not really) and I call him Baby Bro' ....... and he is just that.......the pesky baby brother I always wanted.

Old August 13th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Madalina,

This group is going to be a VERY diverse group of people and based on the large percentage that I know it will be a fun group and great group of people to be with.

The age ranges so far are from the 30's up, some singles, many couples, I'm not sure about families at this time but it's VERY early. There are drinkers, non-drinkers, early seater's, late seater's, talkers, listeners and the whole gamut of people.

The only scary one in the bunch is a bald host. But his handler is with so she will keep him under control. <VBG>

Take care,
Mike (The bald host, who really isn't scary)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 13th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Who's who on the 2006-07

Mike is right..many diffrent people. We are a couple, 43 and 42,22 years married. Non drinkers excpet water and off course coffee <VBG> We have thought of bringing our kids with us <15, 13> but so far my dh said no.This would be nice to get away without them for a few days.Plus I don't think there is much to do for the kids.
RD is right.Look under her post and you will find out who is going.And who knows a lot can happen in 1 year so I think some people will join and others might have to cancel for whatever reason.
Welcome to the CM cruise!

Old August 13th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Hi Madeline,

We're happy to see that you will be joining us CruiseMates on the New Year '07 cruise on the Century. Kim and I live in Orlando, and have been cruising for 10 years or so. Late starters! Since my oldest daughter just turned 50, you will no doubt guess that I'm somewhat older than you. But I'm very likeable (or so I like to think). Kim is a non-drinker and, as for me (as the saying goes), nobody knew I drank until the day they saw me sober. <Just kidding> Our only known vice is gambling (in my case losing), but that doesn't make us bad people. Welcome aboard. I'm sure that you'll enjoy yourselves and find some new friends. And I don't think you're "weird" at all.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas