Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2005, 11:27 PM
CruisinK&J

Default Good Morning, It's Hump Day!

Hey, good morning from Southern California! I have news, some good, some less good . . . if the damned 'puter doesn't freeze up again.

Less than good: Keith went on his morning walk, and his legs "gave out." He fell into the juniper bushes at the house, and got a good scratch. He tried to increase his walking speed by going the full mile without having done warm ups and just going too fast. He's been told not to do these things. Anyway, his left arm is now decorated with a bandage.

The good news? The neurolgist offically took Keith off of the nasty anti-seizure meds. He increased the secondary one. We really hope now that the tremors will stop. Keith has not had a seizure since Feb. 28, 05, and we pray that there will be no more.

Keith really looks forward to the Cruise of the Century. I do, too. Please pray for Keith for his further good health. He exercises faithfully and they seem to pay off.

Have a good Wed., CM's.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning, It's Hump Day!

Wow Judy... thats good news indeed ! Im glad Keith is sticking with it & fighting to regain his "normal" life !! Sometimes we all try too hard, and learn that lesson the hard way... my motto is : DONT FORCE IT ! My moms motto : IF ITS NOT MEANT TO BE, ITS NOT MEANT TO BE.... it seems I always struggle to make things happen... and then when Im successful... I figure our WHY it shouldnt have happened ... but usually Im too stubborn to give up !

We got our fish in Tues... they are now in quarantine & Im worried if they will survive or not... but I did medicate their water today to give them a fighting chance ! DH has been having a little pain again today... hope its not another stone !

Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday !

Take Care,
Steph
Old August 17th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning Judy, Steph and all.

I can't believe it!
As I was driving home today I saw blossoms a blossoming on some of our trees.
There have been scattered (unconfirmed ) reports of Daffodils sprouting up.
Roll on Spring!

Have a greater day.

Post Edited (08-17-05 01:55)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old August 17th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' Judy, Steph, Liam and all to follow. I just knew that getting up (sleepless in Atlanta) at 4:30 am would qualify me as first and from the looks of your emails you 3 nightowls just haven't yet been to bed! Maybe I really AM the first one up this Wed. morning!

Glad to hear Keith is doing so well, Judy and hope he just gets better and better.

Hope the fish all make it, Steph and that another stone doesn't appear for dh.

Spring, Liam???

School starts in our house so we are eeking out the last few fun days of summer.

dorothy

Post Edited (08-17-05 03:51)

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old August 17th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Admiral

Dorothy.. I'm in New Zealand, 20 hours or so ahead of California time and south of the equator.

Post Edited (08-17-05 04:04)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old August 17th, 2005, 04:53 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

I've been awake since about 4 - that seems like the new time my body wants to wake up. I hope that inner alarm clock realigns itself soon, as I really don't think it is necessary. Especially since I usually go to bed fairly late.

I just didn't have enough hours or energy to get everything done before our trip. It really bugs me, but I guess it is stupid to stress about it now. I'll clean when I get home, unless of course the elves come while I'm away.

Judy - good news about the meds - I understand Keith's frustration - just wanting to hurry up and get to 100%, but I also know (the hard way) if we rush, it just makes us further behind.

Well, I have tons to do and I want to be out of the house by 7 (yeah, right).

Hoping the next 11 days bring only nice things to all Cruisemates. I will miss you guys terribly.

VTJen
Old August 17th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it's already 82 on the way to 96.......can't wait for late October and early November to get here!
Angela Z.
Old August 17th, 2005, 05:46 AM
First Mate

Morning Judy, Steph,Liam,Dorothy,VT Jen, Angela and the other CM'S to follow,

The ONLY reason I am up at the ungodly hour of 6 a.m. is that my hubby is off to Toronto for a seminar, and I don't like him to leave without me saying goodbye.
I have a jump start on my day, doing laundry and cleaning. FUN WOW!!

Judy- Hope Keith continues to improve,without more bandages.
Steph- Hope your fish make it alright
Liam- Happy Spring!
Dorothy- Enjoy your summer day
VTJen- Have a great time on your trip
Angela- Try to stay cool

Bill- Yes I did watch Canadian Idol last night and I think Casey is safe again, I really think Josh might be going tonight, hopefully my Rex will be safe as well.

To all other CM's have a great day and stay safe!! Good Morning REBEL!!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Post Edited (08-17-05 06:39)

Old August 17th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning, It's Hump Day!

Good morning from swfl..my dh car broke down last night on the way home from work.The belt busted and the water pump went. After he installed a new belt he discovered the broken pump.Today he has to buy a new one and get it installed. Someone stopped at the gas station and told him he would help him today.Blah always something.
This morning I am up early because my cat is getting fixed today.I must admit I am nervous.I will be at the vet by 8am.
My dh ordered me a new cell phone which came in yesterday.It has everything like video, photo, net, etc. I am not very good with stuff like that and I am hoping I can just figure out how to use it to make a call. On top of this my chip did not transfer my old numbers I am in trouble now !
Last night as I was waiting for dh I looked at the C website and looked at all the stuff our suite will come with. Those are a few nice extras!
Judy glad about your husband! It will be a pleasure meting the both of you!
Have a good day mates!

Old August 17th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning, It's Hump Day!

Good Morning!!! I have ordered DW to wear blinders and walk with her head lowered for the next two weeks. As Bridezilla 2's shower approaches DW seems to find more and more things in the house to clean, paint or otherwise alter. EEEEEK!!!! In the next two weeks I must:

-Power wash the deck.
-Finish the walkway around the new flowerbed out back.
-Cut the growth in the wild part of the back yard.
-Power wash the front walk.
-Paint behind the new fridge.

Bridezilla 1 has expressed remorse for her actions leading up to her wedding last January. She will be at the shower, so hopefully there will be somewhat of a reconciliation.

Jen-Cheer up! for some of us 4 am is sleeping in!!!
Rollerdonna- The tourists I had the parking lot encounter with were not from Quebec, they were the usual suspects from Philadelphia whom we not so lovingly call Shoobies.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Post Edited (08-17-05 05:54)

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 17th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Three days back from vacation, and I've got all the new work orders done. Now I've got to work on the ones that I didn't finish before vacation. <G>

Went to visit my mom yesterday and she's doing a lot better. They gave her some juice and some broth and it didn't seem to bother her, so maybe she will graduate to jello! The guy from PT came while I was there and we all took a short walk down the hall. I got to push the IV rack. Finally, I job I can handle! She is not in a lot of pain so the only thing she is complaining about is that she's cold. Too bad we can't open a window!

I'm sorry I haven't posted any pics from the trip, but I've been a little busy. I'll try and get to them soon. There's not too many good ones this time but I'll post them anyway.

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old August 17th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning Cruisemates, from Central Texas. Getting up early has make us all tired. Hopefully we will be use to it. Everything going well. My thoughts and prayers to those above me this morning, and those to follow.

Have a good day.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 17th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning all, nice cool morning on the Coast this morning. I like the heat when on vacation on a cruise or on the beach. But, for every day working, cool is what I want to hear.

Local newspaer headline news: ''MOLSON BREAKS GROUND IN MONCTON''. It goes on: ''The sense of history was palpable when John Molson's great-great-great-great grandson helped break ground for the company's first new Canadian brewery in 50 years''.

Comet Cruiser: I watched Canadian Idol last night. Josh didn't impressed me last night. I thought he wanted to take over the show by interrupting the judges. Singing talent wise, I thought Melissa was top. Package wise, I'm for Casey, she sang good and looked like a TV performer.

I'm from a generation that, when you perform on TV, you should be dressed without holes in your jeans without T-shirts or any clothes that came out from the Sally-Ann.

Casey dressed the part. Her hair (no red paint on top) looked very feminine. I know, I'm bias but, she's still my all-around favorite.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Yeoman

Good morning from a steamy St Pete,
Angela, we are at an all time high today too! 96 with a heat index of 105. Liam, Spring sounds real good right about now. Hang in there the rest of you, have to run and get oldest up and out the door.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi There,
I got up late today so am sitting here with half a cherry poptart. Hubby is switching the cars around so he can pick up my niece,Sarah, this afternoon. My back seats fold down for more luggage space. <G>
It's very steamy here in Avon Park. There was a t-storm starting when I left work last night and it rained most of my way home, but as soon as I hit the gate (actually went through it!!!) the rain stopped.
Eddie-glad to see you back. I've started to watch the football exhibition games so I know I'll catch up with Buffalo at some point-unless I've missed them already.

Take care, Everyone. Have a happy and safe day. Lynne

Old August 17th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I thought I was the sleepless one! You guys sure have me beat! It looks dull out there today, forecast is for high of 24C (75F) and mainly sunny, so a pleasant enough day.
Bill - Canadian Idol last night, just caught Aaron at the very end. I will have to catch it tonight to see who gets voted off.
Judy - glad to hear Keith is still improving, and looking forward to meeting you both!
Steph - take care of those fish!
Liam - ahh! the anticipation of Spring. I guess my step-daughter will be looking forward to spring in Sydney soon too!
Sue - you'd better not throw that new phone in the pool!
Eddie - glad to hear your mom is improving too!

I've got a bit of bad news this morning. My step-son's girlfriend called last night to tell us he is in the hospital, with suspected appendicitis or diverticulitis. They were awaiting tests late last night to decide whether surgery was necessary. I know the pain of diverticulitis, and he sure has my sympathy!

Better get moving, it's a work day after all...

donna
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Admiral

What is going on? It shows I am logged in, but my signature is still not appearing! I feel like I'm fading in and out of the Twilight Zone!

oh look, make a liar out of me - it's back! - too weird!!
donna

Post Edited (08-17-05 07:31)
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Yeoman

Happy Hump day everyone. I'm late today! Hope you all have a good one.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old August 17th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida...Lynne, Anne, Angela..Hot, Hot, Hot is the word for the day here too. No rain forcasted for here today either. Good day to get everything outdoors done by 10:30 and then stay indoors or sit in the pool.

Steph hope the fish make it OK.
Eddie, good to hear Mom is up and walking, we'll keep looking for the pictures.
Dorothy you're up way too early.
Doug when you're done I have a fence that needs to be stained.
RD, good thoughts going out to step son
And to all of you Century cruisers, only 500 more sleeps till we cruise. But who's counting.

'da Coot' got a good report from the Urologist yesterday and we don't have to go back for another 6 months. It's off to the eye doctor today for his final checkup on the eye surgery. If all is well we will schedule the other eye for sometime mid September.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old August 17th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Buenos dias a todos. TGIW... I always like Wednesdays because it means the week is half over.

Going over to a friend's house for dinner tonight. Should be fun.

Have a great day!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old August 17th, 2005, 08:31 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............I think fall has sprung here!!! It's dark & rainy!!! They do say it will clear up & be nice for the weekend......we'll see......

Tweety...........great news about da coot..........

Y'all have a great Wednesday............

Sharon

Old August 17th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone,

Sharon, don't say such things. It's supposed to be beautiful until September 11th. Well at least in the inside Passage of Alaska. <VBG>

Today, the rest of our carpets are being cleaned so I will spend most of the day outside with Kramer. That's OK, we're used to being banished. :-)

Judy: Good news for Keith: I'm going send him a petition to sign. It is for the outlawing of juniper bushes, evergreens, asphalt, concrete, marble vanities, ceramic tile, gravel, weed whackers, granite counter tops, sharp corners or anything else that hurts when you fall on or against it. <VBG> Give him my best and tell him to keep up the good work!!

To everyone else, I hope your Tuesday is a great one!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 17th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Lazy day today. No daycare kids to watch. Took the day off so I could spend it with my kids, mainly my son since he leaves tomorrow for the drive back to Tampa. Got to sleep in and boy did it feel great.

Judy--prayers will continue for Keith.
Steph--good luck with the fish and your husband's pain. I started getting kidney stones when I was 18 and unfortunately passed them on to both my kids. My son had one lasered in March and passed another one last week. Tell your husband to DRINK, DRINK, DRINK.
Jen--have a safe trip
Eddie--glad to hear your mom is improving.
Donna--prayers for your stepson

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.

Post Edited (08-17-05 09:35)
Old August 17th, 2005, 09:36 AM
DENISE H

good moring every one its clouldy and cool temps here in mpls hope you all have a good day
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:14 AM
First Mate

Good morning all
Raining and cold up in the northern areas but weather people are telling us that its going to be warm on the weekend . Trying to dicide if we can afford to take a cruise in Jan. looking at get leid 3.0
Grant

Old August 17th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..My day off and I slept in. I deserved it due to the hectic day at work yesterday. I am glad to see some of our family is improving and prayers to all that are still in need and prayers that those improving, keep it up.

My mind is still reeling from know that most of everyone is going on the NYE cruise next year. I am like Mike..I dont know if I can wait or not.. but, I know I will.>VBG<

hope you all have a wonderful Wed.

Old August 17th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good afternoon everyone from SE Wisconsin where it is warm and nice...not too hot and definitely not too humid! For August, this just can't be beat!

Off today and after I get all my chores done I think I will make some cucumber salad and a dessert for dinner tonight..........

Have a great day everyone!