Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Aj

Default Captains Club

We are scheduled to take our third Celebrity cruise in the last 14 months in December. The problem is that we have been assigned the lowest categoryof any previous cruise. We are members of the captains club but still got the lowest category. We e-mailed the line but got a stupid even insulting reply. Two questions-first is is there any way we can jump over the people who can only give canned answers and reach someone who can, or will, help and secondly is the captains club with it's supposed benefits only a sham? We would probably use Celebrity again but their replies to us have been a real disgrace. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Captains Club

Was this a guarantee cabin that you booked and was this a Captains Club reunion cruise?

With three cruises you should receive a one category upgrade within your level,(inside-inside, outside - outside) otherwise you won't really receive any other priority on upgrades.

There are people who have 10 or more cruises who are not upgraded outside of their level of booking when they book a cabin. If you booked a guarantee you should always book the lowest category cabin that you would be happy with and if you receive an upgrade then that's just an added bonus.

I personally feel that Celebrity's Captain's Club is one of the better repeat passenger programs for their benefits such as: Priority embarkation and departure, specialty restaurant reservations, custom air deviation, behind the scenes tours, cross benefits with RCI and reunion cruises but in regard to upgrades they are nothing special.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 19th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Book a category you are happy with and call it a day. It always amazes me people think they should get soemthing for free. I understand how you feel but this is what you booked.

Old August 19th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Yeoman

When you get to the dock - ask if there are any upgrades avaiable. It may cost you a little but is usually cheaper then if you booked the it ahead of time. If you book a Guar. cabin, you should never Expect an upgrade. You should always book the cat. you will be happy with. There may be hundreds of passengers who have MANY more cruises under their belts than you do and maybe they got the automatic upgrades or maybe some paasengers book way in advance and got the upgrades and maybe the ship is sold out and no one got an upgrade.
Old August 19th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Admiral

I'm not sure I understand. Nowhere in the list of Captains Club benefits does it say "book a guarantee catagory and we will give you more".
The one category upgrade usually comes not in the form of an upgrade but in the form of a book one category and pay for the one below it.
Captains Club benefits have gotten me priority embarkation, saving us an hour or more at least three or 4 times. Priority disembarkation, putting us off the ship and down to our luggage before the masses. We are always able to grab a porter and never wait for a cab. I've gotten more than a few free cocktails , discounts of up to $250 on Captains Club cruises, and several times received onboard credits on Captains Club featured cruises. I have a really nice set of Captains Club luggage tags we got for free as well.
We get priorty choice for dining and priority waitlist for sold out excursions. We had a wonderful private galley tour on Century for Club members only.
All for NOTHING, NO CHARGE. I have also definately gotten better attention to some minor problems by calling the Captains Club customer service number.
But, getting a significant upgrade on a guarantee when none are available? Why?
If you wanted a higher category, you should have purchased one.
Old August 19th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

I agree with Mike. We are Elite Capt. Club and have always been pleased with what we get. It is up to your Travel agent to make sure you get your upgrade, when they book the cruise, or if you did it, you should have asked right then. Our TA always takes care of it for us. The only time they don't upgrade is on a Guarantee, but they do try to give you a "good" cabin. I can't say anything bad about the way i was spoke to or handkled if I had a problem. They have always been very gracious and accomodating when they can. Good luck and hopefully you will enjoy the cruise.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:29 PM
Passenger

I have always had great upgrades on Celebrity. Always book with a preferred provider or Elite level cruise agency, not your corner TA. Every line has always upgraded me but my lone trip on CCL> Ask and you shall receive.