Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Saturday

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Nice day here in NH's beautiful Lakes Region. I enjoyed my time in chat last night. Nice to get to chat with my fellow CruiseMates. I am getting excited to go on Glory B cruise. Have a great day all.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Jeanne & Ellis

Default Re: Good Morning Saturday

Good Morning Mates, Almost completely packed, leaving tomorrow Morning on Mariner of the Seas. Stay well and safe while I am gone. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

Jeanne
Old August 27th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Yeoman

Happy Saturday Laura, Jeanne and all the CM's to follow. Where is everyone this morning? Sleeping in on a Saturday? Imagine that! I hope you all have fantastic weekends.
Laura: I'm so glad your cruise is almost here. I'm sure you & Patty will have a wonderful time.
Jeanne: Get that packing done and have a great time on your cruise. "See" you when you get back.

Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old August 27th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Thanks Nancy, Patty and I sure need it. I hope by that time we will have happy news to celebrate. Keep those prayers coming.

Laura and Patty

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 27th, 2005, 07:53 AM
sailing gal

Good morning everyone,
Just wanted to ad this bit of information I saw in yesterdays paper. 294 conductors, engineers earn more than $100,000 a year. That is for the Metro-North railroad which carries passengers to and from NYC. Wow! Next time you take a train and the man takes your ticket, give that a thought.
I wish everyone a great day!
Karen
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning early posters and all you CMs,

I hope that you folks in the South Florida area are recovering nicely from the effects of Hurricane Katrina, and that all of you still in her path are battening down. The latest advisory that I've seen looks like she might now be heading towards New Orleans, or someplace just east of there. They're predicting a strong Cat. 3 or maybe a Cat. 4 hurricane by the time of her next landfall on Monday or Tuesday, so please be prepared.

For those of you cruising on this weekend, I hope you have a great time with no fear of storm disruption. For everybody else, have a great Saturday & Sunday.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:29 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest................no sun yet........but it's coming.......so says the weatherman......suppose to hit 80 today.......

Y'all have a great Saturday............

Sharon

Old August 27th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Morning All from Montreal, where I am singing "Oh what a Beautiful Morning, Oh, what a Beautiful Day"!! Hard to believe I know, after the week I've had, but yesterday was just the most amazing day, with all kinds of positive changes and a brand new son. No, I take that back, a "re-birth" of the wonderful old son I remember! Tyler has made a complete turnaround in his life, with our help, and the guidance of professionals, we are hopeful this will be a new beginning for him.

Today is also a great weather day here in Montreal, high of 30C or 86F, and we are hosting a mini birthday party (1 guest) for James' grandaughter who will turn 3 next week. The backyard wading pool, some toys, and some munchies are the order of the day.

Laura, your countdown is going fast!
Jeanne, yours is even faster! Bon Voyage!
Nancy, yes, I was sleeping in, but I deserved it!
Sailing Gal, I am obviously in the wrong line of work! I can only dream of earning that much money in a year!
Jack, stay safe out of those storms!

And finally, thanks to Carole for all her help in getting my computer to speak "American" or at least "Canadian English" again!

donna

Old August 27th, 2005, 09:30 AM
DENISE H

good moring every one its nother prefect day here in mpls hope you all have a good day
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning Cruisemates! Sunny and a beautiful day beginning in Calgary.

I'm headed out for a round of golf, and will have to go into work for a few hours later today.

Golf club had a "Christmas in August" dinner last night, and we went with friends, and had a fabulous meal out on the patio. Ya gotta love summer!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas. It will probably be another hot one here today, but since I am not fully awake yet, not sure. Glad that the storm went easy on most of Florida. We sure could use the rain, so if she wants to come this way, I don't think to many would complain. My exciting day will be cleaning and washing. yea Husband is fishing, young son gone to movies with friends, and older one still asleep.

I wish the very best for all of you.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's such a nice day that I've decided to go buy some mums for my dearly departed flower garden. All of the perennials have died out, and the annuals have been eaten by the rabbits and deer, so it's time to get a little color out there. So it's off to the garden center I go!

Have a great weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from a very hot Southern California where we will have another triple digit day. Everyone is told to conserve electricity. DH and I will do our share by going to Newport Beach today for lunch and a little shopping.

Bon Voyage to those sailing.
Happy trips to those on land adventures.

A good Saturday to everyone else.

Judy
Old August 27th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Goooood Sunday morning Laura, Jeanne, Nancy, "Laura and Patty", Karen (Love that name), Jack, Sharon, RD, Denise, KUKI, Luanne, Fast Eddie and Judy.
Wow that was a lot of copy and pasting. ., 3:08 am approx at the mo.

I wish everyone a great Saterday!

LB

Post Edited (08-27-05 10:20)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old August 27th, 2005, 10:16 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates from the mountains of Central AZ.

Looks like another fine day under blue skies. Temps in the low 80's to high 90's today.

Enjoyed a nice evening yesterday with friends playing "Hand & Foot" The guys beat the girls!! <G< That doesn't happen very often. <>

Everyone have a good weekend.

Old August 27th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a cloudy Vancouver. We are off ot the Pacific National Exhibition today. We love to see the Super Dogs show and wander about looking at things-animals,and there are other shows,etc.
FEddie-plants eaten by cute little rabbits and deer?CUTE! (I know you probably dislike them!)
Frank-I have to admit I do not know what Hand&Foot is ..besides a disease.lol Is it a card game?? We like not -too-complicated card games.
RD-I am glad Tyler is 'feeling better'. That is great news!
Jeanne&Ellis- Bon Voyage!!! Have a great time!!!!!
Everyone-hope your day goes well. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old August 27th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando....oops...guess I missed the morning by a few minutes. Have been up for awhile running errands and paying bills and wanted to "see" everyone before I go attack the cleaning up the patio project. Not much to it really except motivating to get out there.
Angela Z.

Old August 27th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Lynne and Trevor

Good Evening,
I was in Tampa all day with my choir director. It was our annual trek to attend a choral workshop where we and MANY other choir directors, assistants and singers read through anthems and decide what music to buy for the coming year. It is really an inspiring time, conducted by two nationally recognized anthem writers/arrangers.

We drove through several bands of rain, which we figured were feeder bands from Hurricane Katrina. There wasn't as much here in Avon Park but now I see dark clouds descending upon our neighborhood from the Southeast. Tomorrow there is supposed to be winds and more storms.

Nothing else to report. We're about to watch the Tampa Bay Buccaneers/Miami Dolphins football game!! I've been up since 4:30AM this AM so I hope I don't fall asleep during the game.

AND-----our cruise documents arrived today-everything but the tickets, that is, but we can look through the excursions, fill out the immigration form, etc. Hurray!!!!!

Goodnight. Hello to Rebel, Rollerdonna and all of you up in the great country of Canada, speaking as a former Canadian myself!!!! Lynne