Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2005, 05:29 AM
susancruzs

Default Good Morning Monday!

Am I first??? Never happens! :-) Couldn't sleep anymore, trip excitement setting in and I've been thinking about that monster storm, had the TV on all night!

I'm ready to start packing, pretty organized and ready to go, flight is Friday evening.

Work has picked up wouldn't you know, but I hope I can get away with 8 hr. days this week. Last week was a killer because I hadn't been working but 18-20 hour weeks and I got 40+. Good for my fun money fund though!

Well, I better stop typing there will be a double post!

Take care and thoughts and prayers for all along the gulf coast. Be safe.

Susie
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Re: Good Morning Monday!

Hi Kids,
Good for you Susie,nothing like a suitcase within your view to get your blood pumping...mine will be doing that ,from the first part of my stress test this morning.....

Watching this storm unfold before our eyes is so very frightening, maybe a miracle will happen....Have a good day !

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 29th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Yeoman

Wow,
2 days in a row I'm second. Good Morning all, Actually a pretty nice am here in St Pete. Nice breeze and somewhat cool(78). Took the kids and DH down to see the waves last night. We went bodysurfing. Lots of fun. Kids complained that I made them wear vests(their snorkle vests) but wasn't taking any chances. Riptide was pretty strong. The waves were great, Some were 6-7 feet. Awesome. Getting the kids ready for vacation. Realized that some minor adjustments needed on the vests, youngest needs a bigger one and oldest (no matter what he thinks) can not yet fit into Dad's vest so have to get them 2 new ones. Also, DH wants to go skiing in Dec before Christmas(Mom, we're going to Colorado if you read this before I call you) so am off on a ski goggle hunt etc. Have a good one
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old August 29th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Not much going on today, just resting up from the weekend. Actually, I didn't get much done Saturday. I planted some mums, and I started talking to my new neighbor, who was cutting down some branches off a tree in his back yard. Before you knew it, the guy next door to him came over and we started shooting the breeze. About 2 hours and several beers later, I got back home. I tried to explain to DW about male bonding, etc. but she didn't buy it. <G> She forgave me when I started filling her in about the neighbors. Nothing better than a little dirt for my inquisitive wife. <VBG>

Hope everyone in the hurricane's path got to safety. It looks like a nasty one!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates:

Last Thursday night, I received a call from a old co-worker from a company where I worked from 1965 - 1986. They were having an ex-employee re-union in Quebec city on Saturday. They had lost track of me and, long story short, they only contacted me two days before the re-union which is an 8 hour drive for me.

Anyhow, my DW had something planned for Saturday which was a girl thing and I was going to be by myself for the day and most of the evening.

Late Friday afterrnoon, I decided to go to Quebec city. I drove for 4 hours, got a motel and Saturday morning completed my trip to Quebec. Saw people I hadn't seen in allmost 20 years. Oh, how we changed!!! It was worth the trip. There was over 100 people attending.

Left Quebec city Sunday morning and got back home in the afternoon.

So, if anybody really really missed me () for the last two days, you now know the rest of the story.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Looks like another rainy day here in NH's Lakes Region. busy one for me today. I have a million errands to run and shopping to do before vacation. Have a great day Mates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 29th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Survived the invasion of my house by 70 women for the lovely Bridezilla II's shower. It went quite well and my baked ziti was a hit. The real star of the show however, was our kitten Gracie who just ate up being fussed over and cooed at. We had a reconciliation with Bridezilla I and gave her the wedding present we had been holding back (Miss Manners says we have up to a year).

I NEED A CRUISE BADLY!!!!!!

Thoughts and prayers with those on the Gulf Coast. Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas. Have to work today. Teaching Math. Yuk. Still praying for our countryman in the Gulf Coast states. Everyone have a safe day. Remember to take the time to love someone.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning Monday!

Good morning from swfl...I have not been on either..busy. Yesterday we went to Discovery Cove and we had a wonderful day. My highlight was off course to spend 30min with a dolphin. My dh made pictures and I will post them some time today.
Got up early this morning to check out the news. Looks pretty bad out there and I hope people will not get hurt.
Next saturday we are taking our grandson to Sea World since we have free tickets from Discovery Cove.Oldest daughter is just too "pregnant" to walk around there all day and this way we are giving her a break for the day.
Other daughter needs to go to school soon and I will relax until middle daughter comes home. I do need to go shopping for groceries ...something I don't like to do. The house needs cleaning too....blah.....Take care mates!

Old August 29th, 2005, 07:07 AM
First Mate

Not much happening in Southern NH. Just getting ready for first day of student teaching-Friday. Kids go back Sept 6th. This will be a unique year...I have always been home for my son-going into th ethird grade-but this year I will be working and hw will be going to before and after school program. Mommy is having a hard time cutting those apron strings.

Praying for the folks in the gulf states in Katrina's warpath.

Carnival Miracle
Old August 29th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning. I didn't sleep much last night either. I have friends in Gulf Shores, Al. I also have friends in Moss Bluff, near Lake Charles. I heard from my Alabama friends, but nothing from my friends in Moss Bluff. It is going to be a long tough day.

Post Edited (08-29-05 08:12)
Old August 29th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
I also had the TV on all afternoon and last night and even went to sleep with it on in the bedroom. Being a former Red Crosser who went out on disaster operations, this info was interesting to me, looking at logisitics, staging etc. However, it gets to be hypnotizing after awhile. One can just not turn it off. I was really hoping that New Orleans wouldn't get the slam and its ramifications that was projected. It's still going to be a terrible calamity, though.
The sun is shining here in Avon Park FL. We're slated to get storms from the west coast this afternoon. The morning forecasters are urging boaters and beach folks not to go in the water today because of riptides and high surf. Last night, for AMarsh it was probably fun, as she said!

Bye for now.Time for work!! Lynne

Old August 29th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates and I hope and pray that all are okay this morning in La, Al, and Ms. and Fl. This is a monster coming on shore and will still affect many many people all week long. Stay safe and the rest of us will pray that all will be spared.

Everyone that is not affected, have a great day.

Old August 29th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is partly sunny/cloudy, with showers expected. Can't believe the storm about to hit N.O.! Pretty scary stuff - stay safe, those of you in it's path!

Had a great weekend, weather-wise and mental health-wise. Everybody is breathing alot easier this week. Tyler is not starting college today after all, but he is starting a volunteer job, doing what he loves, working with computers (repairs, refurbishing...).
He's also looking for paid work as well, and has a plan to improve his life. We are all working to help him, support him, and love him.

BW, I was wondering where you were this weekend! Sounds like a great time!
Ed, loved your story about "male bonding"!
Trip, good luck with the stress test, I've had a few of those myself!
And somebody book a cruise for Y2C, I think he's losing it!

donna

Old August 29th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Morning...Beautiful day here in MI!

Not a lot of time this morning, so just a quick HI.

Have a good Monday all!!!!

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old August 29th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Watching the news from New Orleans and the gulf coast....I'll never understand the news yahoos doing their liveshots outside and putting themselves in danger.
Angela Z.

Old August 29th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Yeoman

I am glued to CNN with the rest of you. I can't believe mother nature would be this cruel. The power of this storm and the potential for disaster is awesome. Stay safe.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old August 29th, 2005, 08:29 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............sun isn't up yet...........but it's suppose to be in the 70's today.......

Y'all have a great Monday........

Sharon

Old August 29th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Had a great weekend, and it's Monday ... so back to work today.

Like everyone.. watching the news and though a lot of destruction looks imminent, hope the people stay stafe and no loss of life.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 29th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. We've been watching the Katrina coverage, too... looks like it isn't going to be as bad for New Orleans as they thought. It'll still be bad, of course, but it could have been a lot worse. Hope everybody there stays safe.

Another day, another dollar... but I'm thinking ahead to Friday. Trip excitement going on here, too! Now, what to pack...

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old August 29th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone,

I will say I've had better weekends. I haven't been this sick in years. I contracted some sort of intestinal problem. On Saturday the doctor gave me Cipro and that seems to have made the difference. Doctor thinks it could have been food, ecoli, related but no one else is sick. My digestive system is a bit more sensitive due to colon cancer surgery many years ago. Needless to say I lost a few more pounds and thanks to the Cipro, lomotil and some hideous tasting fluids I am feeling better. (Better Living Through Chemicals) I dang well better be because I'm heading for Alaska on Wednesday.

To everyone in Louisiana and Mississippi you are in my thoughts.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 29th, 2005, 10:20 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates. Another nice day in the mountains of Central AZ. It will be hot again today, around 96 F. Had thunder yesterday but no rain.

Lots to do today. Will wash the Tracker so it looks spiffy when I turn it over to a new owner. Sold it last week because of DW's condition, we do not RV anymore. It was a great tow vehicle behind the RV when we went on trips.

Also on the menu will be to go to the gym and get some grocery shopping done later on during the day.

Everyone in LA, AL and MS please be careful out there with Katrina doing it's thing.

Have a good and safe day.

Old August 29th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Cruisin K and J

A late good morning from Southern California. I went back to sleep when I shoulda got up!

We're getting a little break from the heat . . . only in the 90's today.

Some coffee and cereal, then off to the gym.

I hope the people in N.O. are safe.

Judy
Old August 29th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Admiral

MikeM..hope you are feeling better and if I dont get a chance to say it..BON VOYAGE.

Old August 29th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a cloudy Vancouver. I am off to work later today and then the dreaded early shift tomorrow! The summer sure has flown by!!
I hope everyone's day goes well.Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old August 29th, 2005, 12:21 PM
DENISE H

good moring every one hope you are doing good
Old August 29th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Hi all and good afternoon,,,

Been a busy Monday so far,,,plus I have been glued to the tube with everyone else looks like. Wow that is one heck of a storm,,,sure hope everything turns out ok,,,,after having been thru a hurricane a couple years ago I can sure tell ya it's no fun !!! And mine was only a cat 1,,,I can't even imagine,,,,

Mike sure hope you start feeling better,,,Wed will be here b/4 you know it,,,<bg>

Looking forward to the weekend already,,,<VBG> I do not want to be at work today,,,guess I should have planned for vacation this week. Oh well hindsight and all that,,,

Have a great rest of today ya'll,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.